ZSR Forums
May 02, 2024, 12:48:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 31
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT3D: Questions & Answer  (Read 289727 times)
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #240 on: September 03, 2012, 07:04:38 PM »

That is impossible, because the heart piece can only be obtained as young link, and young link is only able to wrong warp into cutscenes and there is no cutscene up there unfortunately. There are a couple wrong warps that will take you to a cutscene, you'll fall oob, and then you'll respawn in an area with no CS but those aren't common and I don't think there are any around gerudo fortress. Mostly every WW related to GF just takes you to the end credits Tongue

What? A wrong warp should work the same whether your young link or adult link (unless you land on oob geometry that only pushes adult link off [points to avatar]). In 64, you can wrong warp to areas that don't have any cutscenes fine, so not sure if you're talking about a 3D only thing, or if you have no clue what you're talking about.

But anyway, unless you get lucky and find a cutscene that puts you where you need to be, its impossible to wrong warp to the heart piece in Gerudo Fortress. The two possible entrances that you'd wrong warp to are 02DE (which puts you at the top of Gerudo Fortress) and 04B2 (Which puts you in the Thieves Hideout, next to the entrance to the top of Gerudo Fortress). The only method of wrong warping at your disposal would be Farore's Wind, but the problem with that is that is that the two entrances you'd have to store in Farore's Wind, 02DA and 04AE, put you at Gerudo Fortress and the same segment of the Thieves Hideout respectively... meaning that you'd just end up at the spot where you set Farore Wind anyway (unless a cutscene plays and changes that).

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Kzar5678
Regular Guay

OMG!!! SHIEK'S A CHICK!!!

Email
« Reply #241 on: September 03, 2012, 07:11:07 PM »

Well, sorry for my "bad ideas" I'm trying to help. Wrong warping seems plausible as does longshot on B. and since you say "allegedly crashes" that means you nor anyone else has really tried it yet. Maybe you should try this ideas before saying that don't work.

What does the scouter say about Kzar's epic level?
It's...it's... it's over...um...sorry I'm not getting a reading...
XD
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #242 on: September 03, 2012, 07:20:38 PM »

WW only works with CSs as young link because he can only wrong warp from blue warps that play CSs in OoT3D i.e. Deku, DC, IJJ, and Fire Temple. For some reason that's the only way you can WW from these blue warps. Also hookshot on b as young link does not crash the game, it softlocks because there is no hookshot animation for young link. Trust me, it has been tried before, and you're not the first one to think of it.

"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #243 on: September 03, 2012, 07:22:38 PM »

If you try to use the hook/longshot as a child, he won't pull it out, and you lose control of Link. It's possible to get out of it if your walking/running and angled toward an exit before you pull the hookshot.

WW only works with CSs as young link because he can only wrong warp from blue warps that play CSs in OoT3D i.e. Deku, DC, IJJ, and Fire Temple. For some reason that's the only way you can WW from these blue warps.

That doesn't explain why you can't wrong warp to Gerudo Fortress and get the heart piece.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 07:27:38 PM by mzxrules » Logged

Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
corneliab
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #244 on: September 03, 2012, 07:23:23 PM »

Well, sorry for my "bad ideas" I'm trying to help.

I don't really care if you're trying. Either way you're just giving bad advice.

and since you say "allegedly crashes" that means you nor anyone else has really tried it yet.

Are you really this naive? NG+ has been around for over a year, do you really think people haven't tried to use the hook/longshot of all things? I only said "allegedly" since I haven't tried it myself- but rest assured it's been documented. If you would like to prove me wrong then feel free to test it yourself!

Also, I should point out that I said that the game hangs, not crashes.

Maybe you should try this ideas before saying that don't work.

Says the guy suggesting Farore's Wind through time, hookshot as a kid, and wacky wrong warp hijinks.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 07:42:55 PM by corneliab » Logged
Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #245 on: September 03, 2012, 08:23:24 PM »

Is the stupid extra heart piece really worth all this idiotic arguing over? Imo, if you have to ww to it, it isn't worth it, since FWWW is kind of ridiculous on 3DS.

And corn, there are nicer ways to tell new people they aren't making much sense, i.e.: You aren't making much sense, so please think a bit more before posting next time.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 08:25:57 PM by Norkix » Logged

11:17 <Cosmo>: It's hard to tell what ASAP means with todays sequence breaks
corneliab
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #246 on: September 03, 2012, 08:52:10 PM »

I come in here looking for a confirmation and am met with fumbling attempts at answers from those who are even less aware of the situation then I am. Excuse me for being blunt.

Also, I don't care if you think something is worth getting to or not. That's my call.
Kzar5678
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #247 on: September 03, 2012, 09:15:45 PM »

Yeah, I agree with Norkix anyway. That PoH doesn't net you a new heart container (if India then that would be a different story)and doesn't do anything. Other than a new goal for oot3d bingo I think it's pretty useless.
And you don't need to be an ass about it corn. Next time, maybe people won't listen to you and even TRY to help you because honestly, when we do try, we're met with an uptight ass who thinks he knows everything. If you really want that PoH, find your own damn way.

XD
corneliab
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #248 on: September 03, 2012, 10:08:30 PM »

Yeah, I agree with Norkix anyway. That PoH doesn't net you a new heart container (if it then that would be a different story)

Not really, given the Dampe glitch. It's just something to do.

I think it's pretty useless.

That's nice but irrelevant. It's something I was interested in getting, your opinion on it doesn't matter in this case.

And you don't need to be an ass about it corn. Next time, maybe people won't listen to you and even TRY to help you because honestly, when we do try, we're met with an uptight ass who thinks he knows everything. 

This is actually funny. I asked since I clearly DON'T think I know everything. At least benstephens1000 eventually got himself up to speed with the situation and was able to come to a conclusion. You waltzed in and started spitballing with absolutely no awareness of the situation at all. It's patronizing really, and yes, I would be glad if posters like you would refrain from trying to give answers.

If you really want that PoH, find your own damn way.

I tried with no luck, and have since concluded that others haven't had much progress either. I appreciate the "damn" suggestion though.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 10:14:45 PM by corneliab » Logged
Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #249 on: September 04, 2012, 01:09:06 AM »

To segue awkardly to a less hostile question, whenabouts do I warp to ww? every time, I get warped to a glitched out Emerald cs.

TheWayfaringFox
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #250 on: September 04, 2012, 01:45:49 AM »

If you go the cutscene you timed it really late. The timing for the blue warp is when the camera is slightly under the middle of the screen. If you do that you will perform a sucessful wrong warp. If you time it slightly after that you will see Link rising on the blue warp, which either lead to infinite oob or the game crashing. You must have timed it later than that for if you saw a glitched cutscene.
Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #251 on: September 04, 2012, 01:53:21 AM »

So like, right after the spin-aroundy fish-eye thing?

TheWayfaringFox
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #252 on: September 04, 2012, 02:26:26 AM »

Yeah, sort of. It's right when it starts to shrink in size.
Kzar5678
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #253 on: September 08, 2012, 02:59:35 PM »

Alright, I've been trying to learn RBA and so far, I can do the glitch very reliably. I have a few questions though.
1) My B is locked now (after it was a bottle) and I want my sword back. Forest fire and water are not beat so I can't child/adult and I don't have biggoron sword. Is there another way to get master sword back on b? (if not then I'll go get BGS)
2) the charts in oot3d page confuse me. If I do RBA with the Old Poultice, I will get all of te items listed below? Or do I need to put a specific thing in the bottle (instead of bugs) to get the various items. If that's the case, what do I need to put in the bottle to learn the Reqium?

XD
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #254 on: September 10, 2012, 08:21:22 AM »

Alright, I've been trying to learn RBA and so far, I can do the glitch very reliably. I have a few questions though.
1) My B is locked now (after it was a bottle) and I want my sword back. Forest fire and water are not beat so I can't child/adult and I don't have biggoron sword. Is there another way to get master sword back on b? (if not then I'll go get BGS)
2) the charts in oot3d page confuse me. If I do RBA with the Old Poultice, I will get all of te items listed below? Or do I need to put a specific thing in the bottle (instead of bugs) to get the various items. If that's the case, what do I need to put in the bottle to learn the Reqium?

Don't know about #1

For #2: The way RBA works is that it overwrites memory with the value of a bottle item (the item on B). So what item you put on B changes what songs you have when RBAing with the Odd Poultice on II.

Now, in this particular part of memory, one bit stores what song you know/don't know. The table shows which bit records what song

Serenade of Water0000 0001
Requiem of Spirit0000 0010
Nocturne of Shadow0000 0100
Prelude of Light0000 1000   
Zelda's Lullaby0001 0000
Epona's Song0010 0000
Saria's Song0100 0000
Sun's Song1000 0000

So say you put bugs on B. Bugs have a value of 29 or 0001 1100 in binary. Since each one'd bit represents one unlocked song, you just have to line up the bits to see what songs are obtained/lost

Bugs0001 1100
Nocturne of Shadow0000 0100
Prelude of Light0000 1000   
Zelda's Lullaby0001 0000

Thus you end up with lullaby, prelude, and Nocturne, but lose the other songs listed on that table.

Braid
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 31
  Print  

Jump to: