ZSR Forums
May 03, 2024, 12:26:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 26
  Print  
Author Topic: MST Route Discussion  (Read 186142 times)
TaylorTotFTW
Regular Guay

TeamTopSpeed

Email
« Reply #180 on: July 11, 2012, 05:55:32 PM »

Sounds like a plan. I'll edit the route accordingly.

We also need to start thinking about where we can save time in temples with FW. It's onviously faster than savewarping, but we can't replace savewarping with FW completely, we'll run out of magic. Basically just try to think where we backtrack in temples, i.e. maybe after we lower the water in water temple, we go through the door at the very top, go back out again, set FW and when we need to lower the water a second time we don't have to spell dive.
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #181 on: July 11, 2012, 06:02:19 PM »

I like the water temple idea Taylor. We just can't run out of magic spell diving. I think we should also put a warp in the torch room in the forest temple after we get the second small key,  and we can warp back after getting the bow. If we do this all correctly,  we should have magic for fire temple because of the pots with magic before dark link so let's put a save warp in the first room of the fire temple and warp after getting the bk. So many new possibility O_o

"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012
Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #182 on: July 11, 2012, 07:31:28 PM »

The RI WW is at a difficulty where its understandable if you don't get it, and it isn't expected that you get all of them. That was the whole idea behind the route I proposed. Gamestabled if the WWs work, which if robdog said they would then they should, lets go with that route up to MS.

TaylorTotFTW
Regular Guay

TeamTopSpeed

Email
« Reply #183 on: July 11, 2012, 08:22:34 PM »

Just tested it, the warps and the the rest of the of the route work, but something that should be noted is that when you wrong warp out of deku and into sarias song cutscene, it plays twice: once where saria is sitting further back on the stump, once normally.
LttpMmOot
Regular Guay

« Reply #184 on: July 11, 2012, 08:25:29 PM »

mirrior shield early does work megaflipping from silver gauntlet chest you will land on the seam and not fall all the way down then you walk up the

seam tilting the control stick up/right a bit then roll right before you reach the wall at the top but not to soon or to late then you should hop on

the ledge.

up/left in master quest
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 08:27:39 PM by LttpMmOot » Logged
gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #185 on: July 11, 2012, 08:43:06 PM »

mirrior shield early does work megaflipping from silver gauntlet chest you will land on the seam and not fall all the way down then you walk up the
seam tilting the control stick up/right a bit then roll right before you reach the wall at the top but not to soon or to late then you should hop on
the ledge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfphpMyeC48 shockingly true.
This is dandy, might as well grab mirror shield as child too. Skip an iron knuckle.

Tom, the more I think about that deku->dc warp the less likely it seems. And because of all the time it takes just to set it up I wonder if it even saves time. I dont really think its going to happen  Sad

when i grow up, i wanna be just like taylortotftw
Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #186 on: July 11, 2012, 08:46:19 PM »

Lets at least pick up FW when near Jabu so we can WW as adult

TaylorTotFTW
Regular Guay

TeamTopSpeed

Email
« Reply #187 on: July 11, 2012, 09:16:19 PM »

We are Tom, that's in the route.
TaylorTotFTW
Regular Guay

TeamTopSpeed

Email
« Reply #188 on: July 11, 2012, 11:31:54 PM »

Welp, new World Record again. 3:48:23.

I'll be honest, the child section of this run is the hardest, and I mixed up the route and had to backtrack some places as child. I uses FW once in Water to get back to where you lower the water, and once in Fire to be able to do a hookshot clip to grab an early key and then FW back to the same room. The adult portion of this was pretty solid, except for some choking on a few of the trials. I got Water early first try (what the fuck, right?) and hit both wrong warps.

Like every other run I've done, it can be improved by alot. I'm seeing sub 3:30 in the not so distant future.
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #189 on: July 11, 2012, 11:43:26 PM »

Ooh nice Taylor. Hopefully I'll get one in tonight, but we all know how well that went yesterday. Child portion is definitely the hardest part in my opinion. I'm certainly getting better at child even though I've only attempted one wrong warp and failed. It doesn't really look all that hard though. Does anyone know how many frames the window is to pull off the wrong warp by any chance?

gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #190 on: July 12, 2012, 01:21:41 AM »

Does anyone know how many frames the window is to pull off the wrong warp by any chance?

No, but in DC and Deku its a gigantic window. You probably have at least a whole second.

when i grow up, i wanna be just like taylortotftw
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #191 on: July 12, 2012, 06:40:11 AM »

Ran tonight. I got a better time but I'm still pissed. 4:09:49. It was sloppy. It was frustrating. It had some of the downright worst mistakes I have ever made even in practice! I lost 15 minutes in the water temple. Maybe more. Somehow I screwed up Farores wind. After the wrong warps, which I succeeded, I wasn't able to use it even when I got the real farores wind. anyone know why this could have happened? I wan to have another run tomorrow. I want at least sub 4:00. Just a quick thought: is there anyway to wrong warp to any of the song cutscenes i.e. Nocturne or bolero?

LttpMmOot
Regular Guay

« Reply #192 on: July 12, 2012, 06:44:26 AM »

Ran tonight. I got a better time but I'm still pissed. 4:09:49. It was sloppy. It was frustrating. It had some of the downright worst mistakes I have ever made even in practice! I lost 15 minutes in the water temple. Maybe more. Somehow I screwed up Farores wind. After the wrong warps, which I succeeded, I wasn't able to use it even when I got the real farores wind. anyone know why this could have happened? I wan to have another run tomorrow. I want at least sub 4:00. Just a quick thought: is there anyway to wrong warp to any of the song cutscenes i.e. Nocturne or bolero?

wait how do you spend 15 mins in water temple all you need is two keys then get boss key then to boss door like 4 mins max Tongue

wait nevermind you probably don't shadow early lol even so you can still get three keys before going to dark link with water lowered once then

all you have to do is higher the water head to dark link kill him get key in vortex room save warp to entrance lower the water one more time

then get boss key save warp damage boost higher one last time longshot to boss door something like that not even sure how much keys it is to

get to dark link one or two if only one then only need three keys for temple those all can be got with lowering the water once then get boss key

savewarp damage boost to higher water kill dark link get longshot and head to boss dont need hover boots or longshot to get boss key just a

bomb and hookshot hookshot clip out of bounds swim over to key door that leads to boss key l target and back up you wont fall and mash x/y

button to drop a bomb above you and it will boost you on the platform and you can open the door.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 07:00:57 AM by LttpMmOot » Logged
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #193 on: July 12, 2012, 07:15:53 AM »

woah woah woah! Hold the phone? what's this about the boss key? I haven't done any of this hookshot clip bomb boost stuff! Fill me in!

Also does anyone think this could work? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AytrjxrYIec
I'll test later. Now time for sleep
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 07:18:58 AM by benstephens1000 » Logged

LttpMmOot
Regular Guay

« Reply #194 on: July 12, 2012, 07:22:27 AM »

woah woah woah! Hold the phone? what's this about the boss key? I haven't done any of this hookshot clip bomb boost stuff! Fill me in!

Also does anyone think this could work? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AytrjxrYIec
I'll test later. Now time for sleep

yes that works block room is unneeded other the that everything on first page is fine, temple can be done with 2 keys if you have hover boots

4 keys if not 2 keys to reach dark link from central room i think.

if it was only 1 key to reach dark link from central room then water temple route would be different by alot.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 08:52:12 AM by LttpMmOot » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 26
  Print  

Jump to: