ZSR Forums
May 16, 2024, 10:04:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: RTS Any% possible routes  (Read 11657 times)
SpiderWaffle
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2012, 05:54:47 AM »

Ya, it would need 6 drops in 23 checks, you could lower than by 1 but you'd need to skip some bomb tricks which save almost a minute and it'd never be faster.  If the rock doesn't work out then it'd only be 22 checks.  It still requires 13 bomb hovers or less, which hasn't been done yet, and even then it's only saving 5s or so, but requires lots of bomb luck.  I don't think it'll be very practical in risk/reward unless it can be done with 12 or less bombs.  There's still much easier ways to save 5s, even tektite without chu would have better risk/reward.

You would need 3 nut drops, since they only give you 5 nuts.  You need 110 rubies, there's 24 in river and 60 on chains, so there's 26 more you need, there is the additional 20r in the river but even if you leave the child section with 99r, you still need 11r more.  If the check the trees on the south part that have nuts it's very easy to get 11r, but there's only 6 trees that drops nuts and getting 3 drops is very rare.  You would need to forgo taking damage from the poe to have enough time to check that many trees and spend about 3.5s taking damage from a tektite.  The nuts strat is pretty simple and decent way to save 10-12s or so with very high luck involved.

I'm keen on this well chus idea, for tektite and eyes, and speed tricks, though I'm not sure which ones you could use.  You could use your sword before you steal the rod but not after right?  This would also give you the freedom to do DC after magic and include that 11s trick to DC from magic, and save 19s by never going to DMT from KV or GC from DMT.

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence."
SpiderWaffle
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2012, 08:32:02 PM »

This is very simple time saver.  When you equip your shield before KD fight, equip nuts and throw 7 during dead time, I think it would only cost the time it takes to equip them from the start menu, but save 3.5s of throwing later when time counts.  I don't know if you'd need an extra pause or not afterwards to equip something else.

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence."
Maxx
Admin
Special Guay

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2012, 02:17:19 PM »

This is very simple time saver.  When you equip your shield before KD fight, equip nuts and throw 7 during dead time, I think it would only cost the time it takes to equip them from the start menu, but save 3.5s of throwing later when time counts.  I don't know if you'd need an extra pause or not afterwards to equip something else.

We don't have 20 Deku Nuts during the KD fight with the current Stick B route (KD before Mush). We only have 5 until after we get a fish and RBA again. We go from 5 to 20 Deku Nuts right before getting magic.
qwerty1605
Regular Guay

Fuck you

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2012, 05:49:44 PM »

I timed tektite hover vs. lon lon stick spiderwaffle:
after sw as adult is when timing started; timing ended upon entering kakariko

Tektite hover: 7:57
Lon Lon stick (I failed llr before night too): 7:55

so unless you were to sw after rod steal...
tektite hover is slower

I'm gay
sockfolder
Deku Scrub

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2012, 07:22:00 PM »

So thanks to a quite difficult hover I found, it only takes 6 bombs minimum to get to the DC Mouth. If you pray for a bomb drop from the beamos, then you only need 1 random drop before DC. However, the high difficulty and luck based bomb drops required mean this is prob TAS only for a while.
http://www.twitch.tv/sockfolder/b/311581915
SpiderWaffle
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2012, 09:35:44 PM »

Nice Sock!

I think you'd want to use the route I highlighted earlier with 22 check for bombs in bushes/rock, basically you need 4-5 drops total(depends how many SSs you do and if you double bomb any of them), 22 normal check, and 2-3 beamos checks.  4 drops should give you 2 bombs to spare doing only the major SSs and bomb shorcuts (2*HESS, 2*pressure jump, 1 SS to GV, 1 skip to DC from magic)

It should be about 30s faster than the current route but you'll fail about twice as many runs as normal from lack of bomb drops, and the hover trick is hard, but you can skip some smaller SSs to save extra bombs for hover.  Here it is again:

-RBA gauntlets and bomb bag
-get bugs from rock after getting cojiro
-check 5 bushes
-visit shop and buy stuff
-check 5 bushes and leave KV to HF
-HESS and pressure jump on way to mush
-check 3 bushes in lost woods on way to GC
-destroy GC rock wall
-optional SS on DMT toward KV
-check rock before odd potion
-check 5 bushes on way out of KV
-optional SS leaving KV after bushes
-HESS and pressure jump on way to saw
-check 3 bushes in lost woods on way to GC
-optional check more bushes in LW that are out of way if need more bombs
-destroy rock in DMT
-optional SS on DMT
-destroy fairy wall
-magic
-shortcut trick to DC
-Die and destroy wall in DC (option to use own bomb)
-use bomb flower on side beamos and then same bomb flower on middle beamos
-optional use bomb flower on other side beamos
-do sock's hover to light eyes trick
-bug on switch in DC
-5 bombs from chest
-throw 7 nuts during DC after first hit
-use bomb flower for second hit
-warp to ToT
-SS to GV
-skip bridge ZFG style
-get final RBA stuff
-warp to ToT
-optional SS to KV (nice option since it's after hover trick, you can see how many you have left)
-optional SS to DC (nice option since it's after hover trick, you can see how many you have left)
-complete game 30s faster than WR strat
-throw victory party

The required bombs are:
-3*Ocrina items (magic, DC to ToT, GV to ToT)
-GC rock wall
-DMT rock
-fairy wall
-6*DC hovers
-2*light eyes
-DC floor
-GV canyon skip
-DC switch
-(17 total)

The optional bombs in order of time saved are:
-skip to DC from magic (~25s)
-SS to GV (~22s)
-2*pressure jump (~15s)
-2*HESS to forest (~14s)
-SS down DMT to fairy (~5s)
-SS from market to KV (~4.5s)
-use own bomb instead of bomb flower for first KD hit (~4s)
-SS from GC to KV (~3.5s)
-SS from KV to DC (~3.5s)
-SS from bushes out of KV (~3s)
-(12 total)
I think that covers all of 3s or more ones, the top 6 should be used, but after they save 4.5s or less and aren't that important

so with 4 drops + chest, that's 25 bombs, 17+6 is 23, so 2 extra, you really only need 4 drops total, there's 22 checks and 2-3 beamos, 5 drops would mean option to save 23.5s more.

with 13% for normal drop and 60% for beamos drop here are the odds:
2 or more/22 = 80% 3 or more/22=56% 4 or more/22= 32% 5 or more/22 = 15%
2 normals and 2/2 beamos=28.8%
3 normals and 1/1 beamos=33.5%
3 normals and 1/2 beamos=46.9%
3 normals and 2/2 beamos=20.1%
4 normals and 0 beamos=32%
4 normals and 1/1 beamos= 19.1%

Odds of getting 4 or more bombs with 2 beamos checks = 60.8%
Odds of getting 4 or more bombs with 1 beamos check = 55.0%
Odds of getting 5 or more bombs with 2 beamos checks = 37.9%
Odds of getting 5 or more bombs with 1 beamos check = 33.8%

So as you can see, the odds really aren't that bad, and you'd be gaining over 30s.  I'm pretty sure this is an easier way to get under 47:20 than the current route.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 11:28:29 PM by SpiderWaffle » Logged

SpiderWaffle
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2012, 11:15:39 PM »

I timed tektite hover vs. lon lon stick spiderwaffle:
after sw as adult is when timing started; timing ended upon entering kakariko

Tektite hover: 7:57
Lon Lon stick (I failed llr before night too): 7:55

so unless you were to sw after rod steal...
tektite hover is slower

Was this with the bombchu strat?  Did you do all the SSs: KV to lake and lake and pond to HF and HF to KV?  If it's only 2s slower those extra slides should it make faster (can't you do some of them with chus?).  But chus alone waste some time versus getting bomb bag normal way.

qwerty1605
Regular Guay

Fuck you

« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2012, 11:55:21 AM »

Doing slides with chus is TAS only. You could do a poe hess, but that is pretty hard and getting a good angle is really hard as well so that ends up losing time as well. I didn't do that chu strat either just a plain, easy tektite hover. Wink

I'm gay
SpiderWaffle
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2012, 08:58:19 PM »

Ya, Tektite just isn't all that practical for RTS as of now with the current skill level, It looks like if you could manage a perfect Poe HESS to lake, tektite HESS leaving lake, POE HESS going to KV, it would save about 44s.  So in year a so I think this will be the route people are gunning for, unless something completely changes by then.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 12:30:14 AM by SpiderWaffle » Logged

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: