ZSR Forums
May 04, 2024, 12:23:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 31
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT3D: Questions & Answer  (Read 289925 times)
Kzar5678
Regular Guay

OMG!!! SHIEK'S A CHICK!!!

Email
« Reply #255 on: September 10, 2012, 09:12:45 PM »

So if I am understanding this correctly, I can't learn the Requim via RBA because none of the bottle binary values have a 1 in the second of right slot.

What does the scouter say about Kzar's epic level?
It's...it's... it's over...um...sorry I'm not getting a reading...
XD
doommaker
Special Guay

The DoomJump....The most hated name of all time.

« Reply #256 on: September 10, 2012, 11:15:50 PM »

So if I am understanding this correctly, I can't learn the Requim via RBA because none of the bottle binary values have a 1 in the second of right slot.

Half-milk ††    31    0001 1111

Requiem of Spirit   0000 0010

xD
Kzar5678
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #257 on: September 10, 2012, 11:33:09 PM »

Okay...so how do I catch a half milk in a bottle? :/

XD
doommaker
Special Guay

« Reply #258 on: September 11, 2012, 01:07:23 AM »

go to death mountain trail and follow the path that leads to the crater.

on the way you should see a grotto hole enter it and you'll see a cow there.

play Epona's song then drink the milk you receive.

you now have half a bottle of milk Grin

Edit: Im a retard because I was thinking of something else Tongue you have to bottle dupe the milk onto B...
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 02:55:01 AM by doommaker » Logged
r0bd0g
Regular Guay

« Reply #259 on: September 11, 2012, 01:28:01 AM »

To half-milk RBA you have to have something on C> (er... on 2) that points to something with the value of full milk, 26. Since that would also require requiem of spirit, uh, it's not really that useful unless you have requiem already and want to RBA and keep it. In maybe a couple of cases it can be used to get something in a slot that you otherwise couldn't (like, I forget the example I found on OoT, but it was something like getting the goron bracelet in your quiver slot), but those are also useless. Only it's really good for is something like bombchus, to get a few extra.

Unless something's different about 3D, the cows (and shops and poes and etc.) only recognize your legitimate bottles.
Kzar5678
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #260 on: September 11, 2012, 02:16:29 AM »

Sigh. I guess I'll have to navigate the Desert Collosus mirrored then if I can't RBA the Requim (since I want to complete shadow and spirit w/o beating fire and water and I forgot to get the LoT Before I became an adult). Or I'll just say screw it as beat forest fire and water and try my route again from the beginning, remembering to get TW LoT Tongue

XD
Yggdrasill
Regular Guay

« Reply #261 on: September 12, 2012, 02:03:57 PM »

About the RI glitch : Can we do this with I and II buttons or it's just with Y/X ?
Because I am trying since 15min and I can't get it to work while I can easily do this with Y/X
Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #262 on: September 12, 2012, 08:05:46 PM »

It is possible to do it with I and II, but Y/X are recommended, because they are actual buttons.

As for why you aren't getting it, remember that this is almost a frame-perfect trick, and when people on consoles need to do frame-perfect tricks, they mash. I mashed to do this trick in the beginning, but then I began trying to learn the exact timing of the button press. I now get RI 90% of the time casually (i.e. Steal the Rod glitch) and about 60% when under pressure (i.e. RI FWWW) and I do not mash. The reason under pressure is so much lower is because it's usually for a trick I only get one chance at, so I push the button too early from nerves. I'm learning to slow down though Wink

I hope that helped even though I rambled a bit. While I'm here, I have my own question: are there any useful Adult wws or are they all cs skips? If they're all cs skips, where do you put the warp points? In Toast's vid, it appears the point was set in the boss room. Is it this way for all adult dungeons? I need to know this kind of stuff before I get back to routing 100%.

11:17 <Cosmo>: It's hard to tell what ASAP means with todays sequence breaks
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #263 on: September 12, 2012, 09:16:58 PM »

Only the fire temple warps to CS.  The rest can warp anywhere, as long as you set the warp where you want to go.

"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012
Yggdrasill
Regular Guay

« Reply #264 on: September 13, 2012, 05:49:44 PM »

Thanks for your reply Norkix :­)
I have the timing with X/Y (I do not mash), I'm like you, I get RI 90% of the time, but when I try with I/II, I fail everytime.

And about the fact that when you try RI FWWW you get it only 60% of time, I think it's because you have to RI just before touching the ground.
I get the impression that when I open the item menu too early (in mid-air) even if I get the RI, it's immediatly canceled, am I right ?
TheWayfaringFox
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #265 on: September 13, 2012, 06:08:56 PM »

You're close. The time in which FW can be used is several frames and then it runs out. Therefore, you need to time items right before the sidehop ends, so the message box will immediately trigger the warp.
doommaker
Special Guay

« Reply #266 on: September 14, 2012, 05:00:59 PM »

hey

I was wondering if I had all the items (not including the hammer and special arrows)

sorry about the quality Tongue

Edit: Im wondering cause I just got the secret gauntlets and I fooled around with bottle on B...and I might have bottle duped an item....(I only had 3 bottles before I stared Tongue)

wait I just noticed my slingshot ammo was green at zero as you can see in the picture xD so I went to the shooting gallery and got the bigger bag but I still feel like Im missing something....
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 12:05:08 AM by doommaker » Logged
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #267 on: September 15, 2012, 12:49:47 AM »

Does "Kiddy Capers" still work in 3D? Basically what you do is you set a FW point, then when you pay to ride at lon lon ranch, you warp away. Then if you play a minigame that replaces B, it'll get stuck there.

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
doommaker
Special Guay

« Reply #268 on: September 15, 2012, 03:59:07 AM »

Ok so I tested that and I didn't get stuck or anything

What I did:
Set FW at shooting gallery
Pay to ride at Lon Lon
FW to gallery
Play game

The timer was frozen at the bottom during the game but continued after I stopped playing and when I left the gallery all my items were grayed out (exept for my boots of course)
And so was my sword....

Btw I layed an FW after I paid to ride and  Then I returned to warp point after the time was up and now I have infinite time inside the horse area Grin
Deku Scrub

« Reply #269 on: September 16, 2012, 12:46:46 AM »

Kiddy capers the one where you pay to ride, warp out, go back in time and play a game right? If so, I did that and got the slingshot stuck on B (as a child), so i think it works.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 31
  Print  

Jump to: