ZSR Forums
May 05, 2024, 05:52:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Low% list so far  (Read 13846 times)
ahou
Regular Guay

« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2011, 05:32:02 PM »

I'm currently working on a ng+ low% mst run. What i've got so far for child link is:

deku nut
wwt forest escape
ocarina
weird egg
weird cucco
lullaby+letter
sarah's song
bracelets
magic
din's fire
bombs/bomb bag
goron ruby
deku tree
silver scale
ruto's bottle
boomerang
sapphire
ocarina
song of time
master sword

This gets a total of 21 items, skipping slingshot, bullet bag, deku sticks, and sword. Fire temple can also be done as a kid to skip megaton hammer (should be doable with a fairy and din's fire), but only if you skip trials (and if you do, you're probably going to be skipping the fire temple anyway).

For non-mst, you'd probably be better off starting with a bottle. Rbaing the magic mushroom directly without trading saves a few items, and then you can also skip the bow+quiver (may be able to shoot ganadorf, rba arrows, switch to sword, attack a few times, then shoot again and finish him off. If not, i guess you'd need to get the hammer to damage him, rbaing arrows as needed. This adds deku sticks, and magic beans and saves pocket egg, pocket cucoo, and cojiro, bow, quiver.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 05:43:22 PM by ahou » Logged
HeyListen
Regular Guay

« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2011, 07:23:52 PM »

Well, we can't do Fire Temple as a child without atleast 7 heart Containers, and Heart Containers count as one item each. Also, you don't need the Adult Trading Items at all?

If we start with Hammer on B we can skip Deku Sticks and Magic Beans. You dont NEED the Hammer for adult section, we can skip entering and completing the Fire Temple, by getting Shadow Medallion (by poe hover) and Spirit Temple. We DO need the bow though, because if you RBA Light Arrows you only get one Light arrow and if we get Hammer thats adding Hammer, BUT LOSING BOW AND ARROW.

*****So if we start Hammer on B we do and dont need:
DO NEED: Bow and Quiver (2 items)
DONT NEED: Hammer(1), Deku Sticks(1), Magic Beans(1), or Adult Items(1)                So basically you lose 4 items and gain 2 items, thus taking away 2 values.

*****And if we use your way (Bottle on B), it's the opposite of hammer on B
Need: Deku Sticks(1), Magic beans(1) and Adult Items(1)
Dont need : Bow and Quiver(2)                                                                           You lose 2 items but gain 3 so you gain 1 value.

ALSO THIS ISNT A NG+ we don't need to RBA in anyway, just Bottle Adventure for Hammer on B and then for the new file you DONT NEED RBA.
But i get what your saying and yes you are very correct. And Adult Trading Items are considered all one item.

ahou
Regular Guay

« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2011, 10:51:08 PM »

Well, we can't do Fire Temple as a child without atleast 7 heart Containers
Ah, ok.

It seems silly to count 4 different items as one to me, but if you do then indeed hammer would be better.

You obviously don't need to rba, but doing so requires trade items, and saves 2 medallions, mirrror shield, and hover boots (or can you skip those with megaflips in shadow temple?)
ahou
Regular Guay

« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2011, 01:12:21 AM »

Looks like deku sticks actually can't be skipped. Hammer, bombs, and din's fire are all unable to damage barinade.

So unless for some reason bombchus can damage barinade, we would need to start with the master sword, which would still need deku sticks to light torches, but would allow us to use tsc to skip silver scale
HeyListen
Regular Guay

« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2011, 01:42:42 AM »

we already are able to skip 3 medallions Forest, Fire, and Water. Making us get Light, Shadow, and Spirit (3) AND if we RBA we get (4). Forest, Water, Shadow, and Spirit.

No we don't need hover boots, i think..? We will just use bow and arrow to knock down statue to get to bongo bongo without bombchus and bombslide. Also, we can megaflip through the temple.

Then we can just use Master Sword on B it wont count because it's not an item at all (not in your inventory / shown)
Like i said we don't need Adult trading items or RBA. Mirror shield is fine to get because if we RBA we get (4) medallions and (1) Odd Mushroom. With no RBA we get (1) Requiem and (1) Mirror Shield.

We Just need to get Requiem of Spirit as child (meaning we just need Bombs and Bomb Bag) ((Can't be skipped anyways)) Once you meet shiek, save warp back to Link's House and become adult i guess. You don't need Silver Gauntlets
ahou
Regular Guay

« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2011, 02:05:36 AM »

You are counting rba medallions as items?

In that case, rba still allows mirror shield to be skipped, plus you can get rid of saria's song, goron ruby, etc. Also, rbaing a fairy gives you only shadow and spirit medallions.

I don't really see how you could count that would result in not rbaing being better. If you don't count rba medallions, then it's obviously better. If you don't count items that you lost because of rba, then you save numerous items. If count all items you obtain regardless of how you obtain them or whether you keep them, then it still comes out ahead (+trade items, - mirror shield and requiem). Not to mention it is significantly faster.
Maxx
Admin
Special Guay

« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2011, 02:15:28 PM »

we already are able to skip 3 medallions Forest, Fire, and Water. Making us get Light, Shadow, and Spirit (3) AND if we RBA we get (4). Forest, Water, Shadow, and Spirit.

I haven't actually done it on the 3DS but assuming the medallion/minuet/bolero bitfield is laid out the same way as it is in OoT and bottled items have the same values, you don't have to get Forest or Water medallions. Fairy on B should give you only Spirit and Shadow.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: