ZSR Forums
May 10, 2024, 08:21:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 40
  Print  
Author Topic: MM: Trick Research & Discovery Thread  (Read 441325 times)
thundrio
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #165 on: July 21, 2010, 08:13:06 PM »

got it. here is the video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FZuRfzQGWM

[19:30] <13@jiano> i love programmin
[19:30] <13@jiano> if thing == otherthing: do thingything !!!!!!!!
Slowking
Regular Guay

« Reply #166 on: July 23, 2010, 06:03:10 AM »

Sad that RBA doesn't work in MM. That would make an easy Bottle -> B.

14:10 MrGrunz: keep your ass close to him
14:10   MrGrunz: and nothing can go wrong
thundrio
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #167 on: August 03, 2010, 04:32:13 PM »

i was watching jianos ss run, and i might have discovered a small timesaver (if it has not been discovered since).

but in the run he just waits at the door to the clock tower in the first cycle as deku. but i found out it is actually faster to wait in east clock town until the timer starts then run to the clock tower. what it does is skip the cutscene of the clock tower opening, which is longer than the time it takes to run to the door. i only tested it as normal link (i dont know how to sidehop), so its possible that on the first cycle that cutscene will play wherever you are. i timed it and standing at the path to south clock town and running into the clock tower when the timer started took 540 frames, while watching the cutscene and then running into the tower takes 2044.

[19:30] <13@jiano> i love programmin
[19:30] <13@jiano> if thing == otherthing: do thingything !!!!!!!!
NOKAUBURE
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #168 on: August 03, 2010, 04:54:25 PM »

im agree with you

Tongue
Jiano
Special Guay

Sun+Jiano
« Reply #169 on: August 03, 2010, 07:20:09 PM »

In the first cycle the cut scene plays everywhere, even Termina Field.
darkeye14
Regular Guay

« Reply #170 on: August 06, 2010, 06:00:27 AM »

Over the past few days, I've been testing and documenting the effects of every item in the game, from 00 to FF. I'm posting it here because I didn't feel like it deserved its own thread, but I didn't know where else to put it. Here's the chart (A small warning: the chart is nearly 13,000 pixels tall). I also have all of the results saved in text form, in case I or someone else wants to make a page for it in the MM section.

Once I got to items that literally had no name, I started getting a bit lazy with my testing. Someday, I or another person should go back and see which glitch items work with which forms, or if any of the items that cause crashes don't when Link is another form. I also feel like I should've documented glitched icons better, but since most of them are scrambled white pixels, I just didn't care enough.

I should say that all testing was done on an emulator, with the official NTSC-U N64 ROM. If these tests were performed on a console, the results may be different (though it is unlikely), and if a different version of the game was used, it would almost certainly change the results.

[18:38] <Sigless> darkeye is cute too

[18:45] <aleckermit> We get a free pack of cheetos with every vote too Smiley
[18:46] <bluemarth> in the uk we keep our foreskin
Kaztalek
Special Guay

« Reply #171 on: August 06, 2010, 04:47:21 PM »

That list is... interesting to say the least. Can I see a screen of the Hylian Loach in-game (as he lifts the bottle over his head)?

Something to note is that Kokiri Sword on C has the same effects as getting off Epona as a transformation, with Gilded Sword on B as Link.
This makes Link's gilded sword act like a kokiri sword, but look the same (with the Kokiri Sword icon on B) and Zora Link use retracted boomerang fins.

Perhaps Epona may be key to getting a few other icons on B.

* ZFG sets mode: +b *!*@m2k2-41FE9128.tampfl.fios.verizon.net
* KlydeStorm was kicked by ZFG (I'll destroy you)
darkeye14
Regular Guay

« Reply #172 on: August 06, 2010, 07:16:36 PM »

Only two plug-ins render MM correctly on my computer, and they produced slightly different results when I pulled out the Hylian Roach. Therefore, I took a picture of it with both plug-ins, for comparative purposes:

I'm almost certain that the Hylian Roach is the thing in the bottle when you preform keeta's Weird B as a Goron or Zora, since its color is unique, and it is practically worthless.

Edit:
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 09:37:15 AM by darkeye14 » Logged

Kaztalek
Special Guay

« Reply #173 on: August 10, 2010, 07:49:13 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4_7XSCJIHo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnosS_T7yDM
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 07:36:01 PM by Kaztalek » Logged

mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #174 on: August 20, 2010, 08:06:01 AM »

Old Trick is somehow new... go figure.

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Kaztalek
Special Guay

« Reply #175 on: August 31, 2010, 12:49:47 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2zxMoJ6B4w

Majora MIM
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #176 on: August 31, 2010, 02:54:02 PM »

I just found some weird shit in Ikana graveyard:
You can move while talking to a stallchild and make them intangible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVehvEFYHIc

To do it, you have to talk with talt on stallchild then go to talk with him wearing the captain mask. If you talk to another thing during the first stallchild is talking, you'll freeze him.

sorry for my soooo bad english.

TLOZ: complete     AOL: complete     ALTTP(GBA): 100%
LA(DX): complete   OOT/MQ/3D: 100%    MM: 100%
OOA/OOS: 100%    FS:100%   TWW:100%
 FSA: 100%     TMC: 100%     TP: 100%
PH: 100%        ST: 100%         SS: Huh
Maxx
Admin
Special Guay

« Reply #177 on: September 01, 2010, 11:07:19 PM »

darkeye:

Just to be sure you realize this, in the Japanese language, L and R sounds are the same sound (or something like that).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_speakers_learning_r_and_l

Considering there is a fish in OoT (and TP) called the "Hylian Loach," I'm pretty certain that's what that fish in the weird MM bottle is.  (Also it doesn't look like a roach at all.)
darkeye14
Regular Guay

« Reply #178 on: September 02, 2010, 01:46:01 AM »

maxx, I accidentally used "Hylian Roach" in some places (including the Item Chart itself!) because I'm an idiot and stupidly wrote "Roach" once, and then I just copied it again and again instead of making sure it was "Loach". I really should edit my old posts to fix that, but now that you pointed it out, the edits wouldn't make sense. Sorry for the confusion, everyone.

And to get this post back on topic, I thought I'd share a weird Gyorg glitch that I found, which I've never been able to replicate. Basically, he spit me out just above water after he was done eating me, even though he was about a meter underwater. Furthermore, he spit me out with insane forward velocity, enough to propel me back onto the central platform, even though I was quite far from it. I wasn't recording at the time, so I unfortunately have no visual documentation of this glitch. For the record, it happened on Japanese v1.1. I've tried a ton of different things to try and get this thing to work; I would get caught in Gyorg's mouth while Dolphin Diving, and I tried to get eaten in various states of climbing onto the platform, but nothing seemed to work.

Kaztalek
Special Guay

« Reply #179 on: September 06, 2010, 11:14:24 PM »

oh hey http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1XdXM5PfR8

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 40
  Print  

Jump to: