ZSR Forums
May 16, 2024, 11:53:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help with DoT skip.  (Read 4725 times)
Simpae
Deku Scrub

Email
« on: September 02, 2013, 02:17:07 PM »

Hi I'm having a bit of trouble with the DoT skip, when I jumpslash from OoB I recoil off the center of the door. I pausebuffer up until the frames where the camera is on the door with link out of bound and then jumplash left if the first frame and up if the second frame (I have a hard time telling them apart but I have tried both methods on both frames I think)

Are there more than two frames where all you see is the door? I have gotten the skip once I just don't know what I did different. Also I am playing on an NTSC VC.

Thanks
btastic
Regular Guay

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 02:00:28 PM »

Hi

you can tell what frame you are on by listening to link. on the second frame you hear link starting to shout/scream/making a noise whatever. and yes.. thats about it. once you are in the door, it only depends on which frame you got and in which direction to jumpslash.

good luck!

also known as Sutso
Simpae
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 04:16:41 PM »

Oh well... I'll keep trying thanks Smiley
cafde
Site Editor
Regular Guay

FrankerZ

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2013, 07:39:48 PM »

If you let go of the control stick after sidehopping, you sometimes don't go far enough and end up recoiling off the door. Your best bet is to switch to holding left right after the sidehop, or at least shift the stick more toward left than down.

Simpae
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2013, 01:23:21 AM »

Sorry for the late reply... But yeah thats what it was (I asked ZFG and he told me) I can now do the skip fairly consistently Smiley
Spindreus
Deku Scrub

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2014, 12:59:44 AM »

if you want help, go here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2b_LJZLaw5w Grin

Kappa
geraggh34
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2014, 08:16:08 AM »

I don't know if this helps.. But try it unbuffered. And make sure your joystick is positioned right, I used poodles youtube tutorial and I attempted to try it out of randomness today and got it in maybe 10 tries and as I type this just got it my third(after restarting my game and messing up early chus from saving after actor glitch)

Anyways sorry if this doesn't help what so ever. everything I've learned since I started to attempt glitches for speedruns a couple of weeks ago always seem unbuffered to me.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: