ZSR Forums
May 18, 2024, 09:13:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 75
  Print  
Author Topic: WW Tricks and Glitches Discussion  (Read 1229798 times)
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #525 on: July 24, 2010, 04:03:14 AM »

Hrm, I'm really interested in this part of the forest water video. I didn't realize you could buffer chest collection into the title screen like that.. I think it might be the key to breaking BiT. My line of thinking is that if we obtain an item just as BiT starts, we'll go into normal mode.

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Razor
Regular Guay

Zombie Hover

« Reply #526 on: July 24, 2010, 07:41:43 PM »

Hrm, I'm really interested in this part of the forest water video. I didn't realize you could buffer chest collection into the title screen like that.. I think it might be the key to breaking BiT. My line of thinking is that if we obtain an item just as BiT starts, we'll go into normal mode.
Sounds like a plan. If BiT in WW is anything like in TP then it could be greatly useful.

Forest Water+Backflip=Gainers?
GlitchesAndStuff
Site Editor
Special Guay

Feel free to ask me anything

« Reply #527 on: July 25, 2010, 09:40:38 AM »

yeah, with the chest thing, where you collect the rupees at the title screen... what happens if you delay the mirror shield chest... does link have it on his back at the title screen? I would test but all my files are after that or on outset right back at the start

Edit: In fact, since you can press start right at the start of BiT, you could try delaying any chest that gives a special item, such as the boomerang chest and then doing the death BiT method. just to test if link has it...
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 10:02:18 AM by GlitchesAndStuff » Logged
GlitchesAndStuff
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #528 on: July 25, 2010, 11:34:56 AM »

I know you can get the BiT "Link" file  by saving when doing the BiT glitch ( I just found this but it's kind obvious so I geuss it's already found)

but I used forest water with the heart piece chest on Needle Rock Isle. I then died and did the BiT glitch. BiT link then appeared at needle rock isle with the title screen and I ran over to the blue chu, got hit and died. it asked me to save so I did and then when I pressed continue it started the scene at the start where it tells the story of OoT. but I went onto my files and there was the BiT file called "Link"

when you open it you have the heart piece that you collected with the delay and the starting music comes up where aryll is looking for you but you can freely move around...

I'm testing it right now so I'll post some more stuff as I come across it..

Edits:

the starting cutscene music begins whenever you exit a house.
it's just like a normal file but it skips the first cutscene and you keep the item you did the chest thing with... But depending on the item, this could prove to be atleast interesting.

some items found in chests after forest water is available: Hammer, Boomerang, bombs, mirror shield, bracelet, bow, iron boots, hookshot, bottle.

Skull hammer would enable hover before hero sword.. hovering into the forest on outset could be a hero sword skip/telescope skip/tunic skip if we can do anything after that cutscene that you can't normally do before it.

also, I'm not 100% sure but you might even be able to do it with delaying other items such as the first time you get red chu jelly from a red chu.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 12:46:27 PM by GlitchesAndStuff » Logged
Razor
Regular Guay

Zombie Hover

« Reply #529 on: July 25, 2010, 01:42:05 PM »

I know you can get the BiT "Link" file  by saving when doing the BiT glitch ( I just found this but it's kind obvious so I geuss it's already found)

but I used forest water with the heart piece chest on Needle Rock Isle. I then died and did the BiT glitch. BiT link then appeared at needle rock isle with the title screen and I ran over to the blue chu, got hit and died. it asked me to save so I did and then when I pressed continue it started the scene at the start where it tells the story of OoT. but I went onto my files and there was the BiT file called "Link"

when you open it you have the heart piece that you collected with the delay and the starting music comes up where aryll is looking for you but you can freely move around...

I'm testing it right now so I'll post some more stuff as I come across it..

Edits:

the starting cutscene music begins whenever you exit a house.
it's just like a normal file but it skips the first cutscene and you keep the item you did the chest thing with... But depending on the item, this could prove to be atleast interesting.

some items found in chests after forest water is available: Hammer, Boomerang, bombs, mirror shield, bracelet, bow, iron boots, hookshot, bottle.

Skull hammer would enable hover before hero sword.. hovering into the forest on outset could be a hero sword skip/telescope skip/tunic skip if we can do anything after that cutscene that you can't normally do before it.

also, I'm not 100% sure but you might even be able to do it with delaying other items such as the first time you get red chu jelly from a red chu.
Sounds like BiT is changing the any% route for WW. I hope to see a video of some of this soon. Just remember, BiT can't cost more time then it saves or it's a waste of time.

RingRush
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #530 on: July 25, 2010, 06:34:53 PM »

There is a similar glitch in Donkey Kong 64 where you can start a file over, but keep all your keys/crowns/etc. It isn't allowed. This glitch is interesting and might be useful for low% depending on how it is ruled, but it won't find use in any% runs.

If it is allowed, for low% the best thing to get would be the Ghost Ship Triforce Chart. This means we could skip the Ghost Ship Chart without needing any extra glitching.

For any%, I think the GSTC might be a great option on what to keep. The Savage Labyrinth Triforce Chart and the Cabana Triforce Chart also have a lot of potential. We would need some timing. Light Arrows are another strong candidate, because they also give us Fire/Ice Arrows automatically, and we could skip having to use forest water to skip them. Finally, if we could get a working Ballad of Gales early, bow would be a nice item to have.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 07:38:06 PM by RingRush » Logged

ded
Razor
Regular Guay

Zombie Hover

« Reply #531 on: July 25, 2010, 08:04:03 PM »

There is a similar glitch in Donkey Kong 64 where you can start a file over, but keep all your keys/crowns/etc. It isn't allowed. This glitch is interesting and might be useful for low% depending on how it is ruled, but it won't find use in any% runs.

If it is allowed, for low% the best thing to get would be the Ghost Ship Triforce Chart. This means we could skip the Ghost Ship Chart without needing any extra glitching.

For any%, I think the GSTC might be a great option on what to keep. The Savage Labyrinth Triforce Chart and the Cabana Triforce Chart also have a lot of potential. We would need some timing. Light Arrows are another strong candidate, because they also give us Fire/Ice Arrows automatically, and we could skip having to use forest water to skip them. Finally, if we could get a working Ballad of Gales early, bow would be a nice item to have.
I'm pretty sure that it's allowed. BiT was allowed in a TP any%, so I don't see why it wouldn't be in WW. I'm hoping that it will have some great time-saving uses in an any% and not just in a low%.

RingRush
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #532 on: July 25, 2010, 09:14:28 PM »

The thing about BiT WW is that it is the same file, only with your progress gone. This is totally legal, like in TP. What is illegal, is calling this a new file, i.e. starting timing after BiT. Timing starts when you first begin the pre-BiT file. Given that, BiT is completely useless.

For low% purposes, there  is a rule in OoT that states "any items deleted will still be counted". Thus, if you wanted to skip item A using item B with BiT, you'ld have to be able to  get to item B without getting item A. The chance of a useful pair of items like that is extremely low.

However, ZSR might accept BiT runs as a seperate category, timed from when you go back in time. But don't expect an SDA run to use BiT.

ded
Razor
Regular Guay

Zombie Hover

« Reply #533 on: July 25, 2010, 10:14:20 PM »

The thing about BiT WW is that it is the same file, only with your progress gone. This is totally legal, like in TP. What is illegal, is calling this a new file, i.e. starting timing after BiT. Timing starts when you first begin the pre-BiT file. Given that, BiT is completely useless.

For low% purposes, there  is a rule in OoT that states "any items deleted will still be counted". Thus, if you wanted to skip item A using item B with BiT, you'ld have to be able to  get to item B without getting item A. The chance of a useful pair of items like that is extremely low.

However, ZSR might accept BiT runs as a seperate category, timed from when you go back in time. But don't expect an SDA run to use BiT.
I know about the illegal thing, but I still believe that BiT could have some use in an any%. Similar to how BiT in TP alows you to skip some tasks as well as getting the iron boots early. I doubt that ZSR will make a separate catagory for BiT since there are only two games in which it can be done.

Paraxade
Special Guay

paraxade@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #534 on: July 25, 2010, 11:38:17 PM »

There's a difference. TP's title screen actually has Link on it riding Epona around, that's why BiT in TP gives you stuff - it gives you the stuff Link is supposed to have for the title screen to look/work properly. Link does not have any special items or equipment in TWW's title screen. The game does not start you with anything different at all from a normal file. Skipping the intro cutscene doesn't help because you need to watch it anyway to get to the point where you'd actually be able to perform the glitch. Also, I can't really see starting the game over from the beginning but with an item being helpful at all.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 11:44:10 PM by Paraxade » Logged
Razor
Regular Guay

Zombie Hover

« Reply #535 on: July 26, 2010, 01:37:15 AM »

There's a difference. TP's title screen actually has Link on it riding Epona around, that's why BiT in TP gives you stuff - it gives you the stuff Link is supposed to have for the title screen to look/work properly. Link does not have any special items or equipment in TWW's title screen. The game does not start you with anything different at all from a normal file. Skipping the intro cutscene doesn't help because you need to watch it anyway to get to the point where you'd actually be able to perform the glitch. Also, I can't really see starting the game over from the beginning but with an item being helpful at all.
Yeah. I really haven't done any testing with BiT in WW. It might be of some use though.

Siglemic
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #536 on: July 26, 2010, 04:45:34 AM »

pooped on

<+Axon> I should just quit mario and main sonic
GlitchesAndStuff
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #537 on: July 26, 2010, 09:28:56 AM »

okay guys. I tried forest water with leaf and you could BiT it if the forest haven cutscene didn't start... but now we know this, can somone try it with the master sword or upgrading the master sword at the end of wind/earth temple? if it does give us the sword for BiT this means that we won't just warp to outset when we savequit.

Edit: the master sword chamber starts a big cutscene that you have to press A more than once, but the boss rooms at the end of earth/wind temples will just start the boss cutscene with no need to press A so could somone test it there please? thanks!
Razor
Regular Guay

Zombie Hover

« Reply #538 on: July 26, 2010, 02:27:46 PM »

okay guys. I tried forest water with leaf and you could BiT it if the forest haven cutscene didn't start... but now we know this, can somone try it with the master sword or upgrading the master sword at the end of wind/earth temple? if it does give us the sword for BiT this means that we won't just warp to outset when we savequit.

Edit: the master sword chamber starts a big cutscene that you have to press A more than once, but the boss rooms at the end of earth/wind temples will just start the boss cutscene with no need to press A so could somone test it there please? thanks!
I had a similar idea. A video of the new BiT finds would help me in testing this.

ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #539 on: July 27, 2010, 09:17:32 AM »

Question about 0 heart WW dive: At what point will the barrier hit you back?  As soon as you reach the height of the very bottom of the barrier or higher?  I was thinking it might be possible to hover low until you pass Ganon's Castle loading zone then start gaining height and have the barrier knock you into the loading zone, but I'm guessing the barrier will hit you before you can reach that height/distance from the loading zone.  just an idea.

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 75
  Print  

Jump to: