ZSR Forums
May 18, 2024, 08:48:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 40
  Print  
Author Topic: MM: Trick Research & Discovery Thread  (Read 443421 times)
Jeville
Special Guay

"special"

« Reply #450 on: January 27, 2013, 05:33:08 PM »

He must have gotten the ST boss remains with cheats because the game shows him entering ST for the first time (intro cutscene), so there was no boss fight. Maybe getting the remains without beating Twinmold caused it somehow, giving it no relevance.
mmFruit
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #451 on: January 27, 2013, 09:05:18 PM »

i didnt beat twinmold in this one, but it could be because of the cheats. however, it's never happened to me before, so I was wondering.

but as for GJ2323s explanation, that could be the reason. so its likely that its irrelevant, i still thought it was worth sharing. (because if you like start a new file, get everything by cheats, enter stone tower, it wont happen.)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 09:15:36 PM by mmFruit » Logged
Jeville
Special Guay

"special"

« Reply #452 on: January 28, 2013, 06:26:23 PM »

So we have two unresolved glitches? Other than inverting ST without LA, we still have this:

(I triple pinky promise this isnt april fools!)

I have never really ran or played MM much, so I was just messing around just now. I got to the second cycle, got the 99 rupee chest and bought the bomb bag. But after i scrolled the bomb bag text, a small portion of the credits was on my screen for a few seconds! Is this a VC glitch, has anyone seen this? After they went away my game locked, but not froze, as it does when the actual credits are over.

Also if this counts as beating the game, I'm pretty sure I now technically have the MM any% record  Cool

Anyway, I was messing with BA the other night for the endless day effect to see if it will work on 0th day. It worked, so I can access the remaining hours between 84 and 72 that was thought impossible (could only have between 96 and 84 remaining hours if activated in the day and 5:59am if at night). It's useless though, and will delete the file from saving under the endless day effect under Mayor's Warp effect. Whatever actors are loaded/vanished in the area you activated it, no new ones will show up. Despite the on-screen clock continuing to flow, NPCs remain static due to the nature of the endless day effect in having to reload the area for the change to happen.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 09:23:57 PM by Jeville » Logged
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #453 on: January 28, 2013, 08:03:02 PM »

Looking into the tower flip thing. You can achieve this by setting 801F3CBD to 0x10 in MM U. Bottle Adventure seems unlikely since one of the digits bomber's code is 801F066C.

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

fuck you and the horse you rode in on

562243965 marikthechao@hotmail.com ingx24
« Reply #454 on: January 28, 2013, 10:35:48 PM »

Yeah, I messed with that and raising the turtle about a year ago. Neither JP or US has the right memory addresses to affect either address - not even close.

<complex> byan you're doing that thing again
<complex> the thing where everything you say is fucking retarded

<ethandude> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual cheak this out luxury it might come in helpful when u wright your resime
Jeville
Special Guay

"special"

« Reply #455 on: January 30, 2013, 04:53:41 AM »

Looking back at Alternate Ranch recently, where SoDT and SoS acts strangely. With the discovery of Ocarina dive, I wonder how it will go if we play SoDT/SoS out of bounds to bypass Link's freezing. Also try to be high enough above the void so the song can be played full and to be used before you respawn to the normal ranch.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 05:07:40 AM by Jeville » Logged
Jeville
Special Guay

"special"

« Reply #456 on: February 08, 2013, 08:26:25 AM »

Well, I found something a little cool. You can wear Deku, Goron, or Zora mask as a non-transformational mask. Set Mayor's Residence as your starting point, and store Song of Time. Be normal Link, bring up the SoT text, select Yes, and put on the Zora Mask before the area reloads to 0th Day. Depending on your timing when you take off the mask, 1 of 3 things will happen:

1. You'll still be normal Link but with a blank (functional) B button.
2. You'll be Zora Link with normal B button.
3. You'll be Zora Link with a blank (functional) B button.

Or something like that. If you ended up Zora Link, you may notice returning to normal form when you load to another area. Instead of loading to another area, save at an owl statue. Return, and you'll be normal Link wearing the Zora mask as a non-transformational mask. It will still stay on if you load to another area, so that's cool. If you press the c-button where you equipped the Zora mask, you'll see Link animates his arm to take it off and then freezes.

Edit: Select Yes as normal Link.

The guard and everyone will treat you like normal Link, there's no fire or ice weakness, respawning after death takes off the mask, taking off the mask in the water sinks you, no change in swimming, no turtle, can't be transferred to another file, elegy statue is normal Link. Nothing special. One thing though is the Bomb Shop owner and the Curiosity Shop guy talks to me as if I'm a Zora. So I tried the Powder Keg seller with Goron mask, but he sees me as normal Link. Duplicating bottle over the wore mask will force him to take it off and freezes.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 02:32:59 AM by Jeville » Logged
TheWayfaringFox
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #457 on: February 08, 2013, 09:01:16 AM »

Okay I'm really curious now. Is the alternate ranch glitch a wrong warp? I think it could be tested. Someone should try leaving the ranch instead of playing sodt I think. Tongue
Jeville
Special Guay

"special"

« Reply #458 on: February 08, 2013, 01:35:07 PM »

Leaving the alternate ranch will just take you to where you'd end up as if leaving the normal ranch. Just read the result. SoDT freezes Link and acts abnormally, was curious to know what would happen after respawning from it successfully out of bounds. The place doesn't run time and to see if it will be night after respawning back to normal ranch. I was thinking SoS is a WW possibility within it, it freezes Link so will have to try it out of bounds and see if it will take Link to the correct destination or not. I doubt anything will happen.
TheWayfaringFox
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #459 on: February 08, 2013, 05:14:29 PM »

You misread what I said. Instead of using sodt, leave the ranch when the cutscene starts.
Jeville
Special Guay

"special"

« Reply #460 on: February 08, 2013, 06:06:37 PM »

Oh. ;o Then in that case, maybe.
thiefbug
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #461 on: February 14, 2013, 02:16:05 PM »

Oh, didn't expect any answers, sorry.
Well - I was testing on emulator and used a cheat to get to the twinmold fight with SoS stored - but you can simply do this without cheats.
I haven't had the remain - so i grabbed it, link held it over his head and the camera went back - turning HUD and everything on.

I could create a video of it if you want to

Is it possible to bottle dupe over an empty C-Button? what happens if you try to BA with that bottle?
Jeville
Special Guay

"special"

« Reply #462 on: February 14, 2013, 06:32:37 PM »

Sure, create a video.

Is it possible to bottle dupe over an empty C-Button? what happens if you try to BA with that bottle?
Yes it is. BA with that bottle did nothing different that I could find (c-left), other than the water not cooling.
GoronGuy
Site Editor
Regular Guay

MM Woop~

« Reply #463 on: February 15, 2013, 07:06:03 AM »

Does anyone know anything about this alternate ranch stuff?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZB1Lea1LGE

<GoronGuy> What's your opinion on slavery?
<Washeyy> Make all Greeks slaves to redeem their debt.

<Indextic> what time was the ransomiser bingo
<Indextic> yes the ransomizer
<Indextic> all the items are held hostage and you have to pay to get them
Jeville
Special Guay

"special"

« Reply #464 on: February 15, 2013, 02:28:51 PM »

The Japanese version take on it is new to me.

Maybe these should be tried on Japanese version:

4th Day II
Bonus Time
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 40
  Print  

Jump to: