ZSR Forums
May 06, 2024, 03:52:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 26
  Print  
Author Topic: MST Route Discussion  (Read 186478 times)
TaylorTotFTW
Regular Guay

TeamTopSpeed

Email
« Reply #240 on: July 12, 2012, 11:47:14 PM »

It saves the 3 minutes we would have spent watching sarias song twice. R0bd0g said he was going to try is on console, but his wrong warp test file already had shadow medallion from RBA.
RivaL
Deku Scrub

« Reply #241 on: July 13, 2012, 05:00:39 AM »

what about hammer slideing through water temple? and after dc u can do bottom of well and get bombchus is that useful
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #242 on: July 13, 2012, 05:25:36 AM »

Hammer sliding to the west door on the 3rd floor of the water temple could be useful,  but not to the boss door because we still need long shot anyways for shadow.

Bomchus aren't necessarily until Ganon's Castle and even then,  I bet you could just hookdhot clip through the bars with the torches. Since we can't even get the bombchus until after we have bombs,  it just isn't worth it. Now if there was a way that we could get the bombchus before dodongos cavern then they might be worth it, but at the moment there is no way to do that. Thank you for your suggestions though Wink

I'm curious to see what he finds Taylor. I wonder if it does work on console. I assume it would,  but I guess there's no way to know besides simply testing it.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 05:28:36 AM by benstephens1000 » Logged

"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012
LttpMmOot
Regular Guay

« Reply #243 on: July 13, 2012, 06:53:47 AM »

by the way ben someone found nocturne wrong warp thing before you its in max% child :/
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

I'm an artist :O

« Reply #244 on: July 13, 2012, 09:39:05 AM »

Im gonna try to find a way to warp to serenade cutscene, not sure but it might work.
Might be useless and waste of time, but I dont have anything better to do.
Kinda ironic that the nocturne warp is the otherway around.
Offtopic should we make a warp table thing in oot3d zsr page?

E:any theory warps to serenade?
E2:tested 4 warps: Goron city ->DMT, deku = goron ruby cutscene, you dont get ruby
nocturne warp from DC, it works. HF -> Zoras river, deku = emerald cutscene, area unloaded and Link falls OOB before the second text box starts. DMT -> DMC deku = title screen bolero video.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 02:57:32 PM by Pedalpowertoast » Logged

http://www.youtube.com/user/Pedalpowerluigi

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #245 on: July 13, 2012, 05:05:17 PM »

Pedalpower, there is a table under the OOT section here listing all the wrong warps known. So look at that instead of just trying random things lol. We dont need a serenade warp, we are skipping it.

So both the silvers and the nocturne warp work from DC and Deku, I tried all four.

I think the new plan is:
Blah blah to get magic
Owl down
Set HF->Kak
WW in DC to Nocturne
Get to lost woods through GC or HF, whichever is faster
Set Kokiri->Lost Woods
WW in Deku to Silver Gaunts
Grab Silvers(optional), Mirror Shield and Requiem
Return to Warp point,Set FW, Equip Sword, Dive to Zoras River
Enter Domain, TSC past KZ, Jabu
Get the real FW, return to warp point, OOT, Dins, Master Sword
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 05:43:50 PM by gamestabled » Logged

when i grow up, i wanna be just like taylortotftw
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #246 on: July 13, 2012, 05:13:14 PM »

Some of the warps are different and I know its useless. Just wanted to find something. I also tested the nocturne warp from DC. I think theres a small mistake in your route
Return to warp point, equip sword, dive to zoras river
Set FW, enter domain etc.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 05:16:48 PM by Pedalpowertoast » Logged

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #247 on: July 13, 2012, 05:14:07 PM »

I like the new route Gamestabled. I was still finishing Deku tree before Dodongo's Cavern and then I would get my shield burned by the keese and I'd have to buy another before Jabu Jabu. Doing the dungeons in that order should save me a bunch of time and should prevent me from having to go out of my way to get a new shield. Wow this route is way different than it was less than a week ago... I like it Smiley

Thanks for letting me know that LttpMmOot

one thing I've noticed about the new route though,  is that deku sticks are going to be very tight. You'll get three in goron city,  use one in the lost woods,  get three more in goron city,  use two on lizalfos,  and use three and king dodongos. If you mess up even once,  you have to make another trip to goron city before king dodongo. It's technically possible to kill Gohma with one but I'm going to buy two from the kokiri store to be safe.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 06:39:35 PM by benstephens1000 » Logged

Typho20k
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #248 on: July 13, 2012, 07:15:08 PM »

Would it be possible to wrong warp to Prelude of Light cutscene for DoT Skip?
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #249 on: July 13, 2012, 07:21:33 PM »

Ben, gohma 1 cycle is VERY easy ive done it about 3 times in a row now, you need the right rhythm.
For easy rupees, just after bombing those stairs down in DC, go left and break the closest pot. It has 20 rupees in it 100%
We would need the warp and this is MST. If it is possible we would use it in any%

Lol
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #250 on: July 13, 2012, 07:48:45 PM »

It might somehow possible, but there would be no point. We need to use our two child warps on Nocturne cutscene for hover boots early and for Silver Gauntlet warp for the Requiem of Spirit. Both of those warps save quite a bit of time. Also, doing child dungeon's as adult link wouldn't really change much our save to much time. Time would be saved in DC, but all-in-all it's just not worth it. Would getting prelude early even allow for DoT skip? Thank you for your suggestions though. Any idea you have feel free to share. Sometimes ideas, even stupid ones act as springboards for good ideas.

I already get the red rupee in the pot in the stair room actually. I also pick up the red rupee under the rock on my way up to magic. As for gohma 1 cycle, I never get it not because of the rhythm but because I never break my Deku stick the right way. I'm working on getting it right though.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 07:50:44 PM by benstephens1000 » Logged

Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #251 on: July 13, 2012, 07:51:30 PM »

It would ben youre behind the door while learning the song.

Lol
LttpMmOot
Regular Guay

« Reply #252 on: July 13, 2012, 09:00:54 PM »

I think child spirit wrong warp is only useful for the song unless you actually need silver guantlets for trails which i dont think you do in main quest not sure about master quest

you can just silver block skip in spirit temple with hover boots could save time on watching the cutscene twice when you only really need the song
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 09:04:17 PM by LttpMmOot » Logged
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #253 on: July 13, 2012, 09:04:09 PM »

I think child spirit wrong warp is only useful for the song unless you actually need silver guantlets for trails which i dont think you do in main quest not sure about master quest
You need them for trials? Uh..what. Didnt GS say theyre optional?

Lol
LttpMmOot
Regular Guay

« Reply #254 on: July 13, 2012, 09:05:39 PM »

You need them for trials? Uh..what.

was just pointing out the child spirit temple wrong warp for gauntlets is pointless you dont need them as for the song it saves a ton of time
i have no idea if he said that but they are optional i'd skip them period cut off a minute of watching the cutscene again.

dont think it matters though still have to setup block skip in spirit temple so idk lol block skip for me is faster then actually pushing the block
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 09:21:05 PM by LttpMmOot » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 26
  Print  

Jump to: