ZSR Forums
May 19, 2024, 12:45:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 26
  Print  
Author Topic: MST Route Discussion  (Read 190169 times)
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #225 on: July 12, 2012, 07:40:28 PM »

Oh yeah!  Good one Taylor! Man this is going to be so bad-ass!

"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012
TaylorTotFTW
Regular Guay

TeamTopSpeed

Email
« Reply #226 on: July 12, 2012, 07:49:16 PM »

Actually, I don't think that going to water halfway through shadow is a good idea, especially if the only time saver is no megaflips. Dungeon order sounds like forest, water, shadow, spirit, fire?
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

I'm an artist :O

« Reply #227 on: July 12, 2012, 07:56:58 PM »

Whats the problem with that? I thought we just warp back to shadow after longshot. But yea Im always wrong with everything so forget it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Pedalpowerluigi

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #228 on: July 12, 2012, 07:58:27 PM »

Hmmm... I guess you're right Taylor... I might still do it though. Those megaflip are a pain. Also the room with the crystal switch in the water temple where you raise and lower the water would be faster. Hmm tough decisions...

Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #229 on: July 12, 2012, 08:09:27 PM »

I suck at routing Sad i always forget something. Video coming soon takes a while because its about 6 min.
Also does anyone else have a problem with ZSR main page?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 08:13:48 PM by Pedalpowertoast » Logged

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
TaylorTotFTW
Regular Guay

TeamTopSpeed

Email
« Reply #230 on: July 12, 2012, 08:14:49 PM »

It wouldn't be a problem if we had Iron Boots/Water song, but since we don't, we have to do a buttload of overworld travel to water, all for a maybe half minute time saver. Unless there is something else we can cut a large chuck of time off of, I don't see it being worth it.

Also, just know that this isn't a *huge* time saver. As far as I can tell, it saves a little time in overworld travel (going from kak to DC instead of kokiri forest to DC, but you also have to go from Kak to Deku as opposed to Lost Woods to Deku) and you don't have to savewarp-->kak as adult to get the song. Thats it. Unless we can find dungeon strats for fire.

Yes, ZSR is down.
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #231 on: July 12, 2012, 08:26:51 PM »

This might also be stupid and most likely impossible,  but is there possibly a wrong warp to serenade? I son't remember seeing one, but if there was we might be able to WW to serenade or at least ice cavern from fire temple with RI.  It's a stretch,  but I'm guessing it's impossible anyways.

It seems to me, the only two dungeons that make Hover boots worthwhile in are Water and forest temple. They could save like 1 second in fire temple in the room with the red block but that's about it... I think I'm getting hover boots and going back to Shadow later.

But don't forget we are skipping that long creation cutscene, and the bongo bongo cutscene so this WW actually does save a lot of time in way of cutscenes. I'm estimating about 5 minutes or so, maybe more.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 08:43:07 PM by benstephens1000 » Logged

Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #232 on: July 12, 2012, 08:41:48 PM »

water last...we would have the hammer atleast. who knows. video up really soon.

Lol
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #233 on: July 12, 2012, 08:46:20 PM »

I think Water last would not be a good idea. The longshot saves tons of time in Shadow and it can save many seconds in just about every other dungeon because it makes climbing vines and grates much faster. I think it's safe to say that Water needs to be done either first or second.

Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #234 on: July 12, 2012, 08:49:48 PM »

Oh, sorry didn't think about it, you said it a bit weird in your post so I got a bit confused.

Lol
LttpMmOot
Regular Guay

« Reply #235 on: July 12, 2012, 08:54:58 PM »

good job on the shadow early however it's still getting the song been looking for another way to get to shadow early without song
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #236 on: July 12, 2012, 09:06:41 PM »

Heres the video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVtDlR_M_ns

Lol
TaylorTotFTW
Regular Guay

TeamTopSpeed

Email
« Reply #237 on: July 12, 2012, 09:37:32 PM »

Thanks for the video pedalpower! I showed it to r0bd0g and he was stumped. He's going to go try it on console.

Forgot about the cutscene ben, that saves more time than I thought.
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #238 on: July 12, 2012, 09:42:41 PM »

No problem, thanks Smiley going to sleep now. Lol
Ps:fuck time zones..i mean theyre good..but no Angry
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 09:50:37 PM by Pedalpowertoast » Logged

Lol
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #239 on: July 12, 2012, 11:05:51 PM »

What exactly svaes more time than you thought Taylor?

My guess is that this has to be possible on console. The wrong warp was listed on ZSR so somebody must have known about it before now.

Edit: after further investigation, I have found no record of this glitch ever being done before today, on console or on the 3ds. I guess this means that technically I discovered this,  I guess.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 11:19:47 PM by benstephens1000 » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 26
  Print  

Jump to: