Four Swords Anniversary Edition

(1/3) > >>

Blazeingphoenix:
Question, is there a confirmed World Record for Four Swords Solo. I know there's a WR for Co-Op on the original Four Swords [21:38], but I can't find anyone with a Solo run.
I would like to know, if there's a Solo run of Four Swords A.E. faster than my time [24:20]... which I've been playing for about a week or two.
Also, I'd like to point out, I know for a fact, a Solo run can be under 22 minutes, because my sum of best splits add up to 21:28. [Which, if I ever got that time or faster, I'll be the happiest Four Swords player ever :p]
I've also watched the run of Four Swords Co-Op WR, and I feel that Co-Op could be done under 20 minutes, but I don't have any friends with Four Swords or Four Swords A.E. :p
Lastly, how come ZeldaSpeedRuns doesn't have Four Swords / Four Swords A.E. on the leaderboards?

Here's my run of Fours Swords A.E (sorry for bad quality, I don't have 3DS capture yet):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wVLjQ27KNE&feature=youtu.be

Zmaster91:
As far as I know no one has done a solo run of the game.  I'm pretty sure that the anniversary edition is the only version that let's you play solo, the gba version forces you to play co-op.

On a side note, I think Tompa said that the gba version is faster due to the text being faster I think.  I was actually looking at this game, maybe I should try a run of it sometime ;).

Blazeingphoenix:
Yeah, I did notice that while watching Tompa's WR run, the text is fastest, and it saves a lot of time at the end when doing both fight's of Vaati. I think it was 20-30 seconds faster for the first fight, and about 5-10 seconds faster for the second... if I timed it right. Also, whenever you make a new save on A.E. and start, it forces you to choose the tutorial level. Luckily, I figured out that right after the first [I think they are] fairy speaks, you can hit start and choose Stage select, opening the other 3 areas. I used to get through the first dialog, talk to the second fairy to open the warp, then warp out. The hitting start and leaving the level save about 5-10 seconds. But the tutorial level itself waists 15-20 seconds. So 20-30 second faster text + 5-10 seconds for more faster text + 15-20 seconds wasted on Tutorial, that makes the solo run on A.E. almost a minute longer than GBA Co-Op.
Also, whenever you get all three keys and the animation of Vaati's Palace appears, it makes you sit there and read the text box that appears for awhile on A.E. vs GBA where I noticed Tompa got to choose Vaati's Palace right after it showed the text box. Not only that, I noticed that the Tompa didn't have to watch a little animation of Link putting in the keys to open the door [which is about 5-10 seconds on A.E.]. But all these extra things add up... which is why I think Co-Op is faster than Solo.
Last thing I'd like to point out, is I'm not sure how in the world they killed the boss on Death Mt. so easily. All they had to do was hit the ball back, attack fire, and hit back once more and it died. I've tested this boss on A.E., had 2 strengths up, hit ball back, found the boss in less than 3 seconds while it's in small fire form, hit the boss 8-10 times, and I still had to do another cycle of hitting ball back, attack fire, then killed with third ball back.

Tompa:
Our co-op run is pretty awful. And we have never tried to get an actual good run so far. And that includes getting good level RNG. I don't really know anything about the levels (RNG, how many there are etc.). For some levels, you save lots of time being alone, in others the opposite and sometimes it hardly matters. So timing which way is actually faster is tricky, with both runs having optimal RNG.

I would love to do some AE runs actually. I haven't got a capturing device for my 3DS however. And you are unable to TAS DSi-ware games :(. Life's tough... I guess I could just point a camera at it though.

Blazeingphoenix:
Tompa, of all things you've seen of Four Swords, do you know of any Solo time faster than my 24:20 [which I hope I'll eventually get sub 22 of FS A.E. Solo], if not, is it safe to say at the moment I have WR? Also, [noob alert here... somewhat new to the whole speed running world] what exactly is TAS. I've heard many runners talk about it? Is it like a glitch, or something help make a run of a game faster?
Finally, I will admit you WR run had some bad things to it, but the Talus Cave and Vaati's Palace levels you got were just beautiful... as well as starting off with the woods in Sea of Trees. Basically, from my experience, other than Sea of Trees [being both levels under 30 seconds is great], getting a level done in about a minute or less is great. But my question is, what did you guys do to beat the Death Mt. boss so fast? I always have to hit the fire ball back three times, where as you guys had to only do it twice. :/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page