ZSR Forums
May 04, 2024, 03:20:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 26
  Print  
Author Topic: MST Route Discussion  (Read 186300 times)
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #330 on: August 15, 2012, 04:16:56 PM »

Entrance key? You mean the one in the first room? Don't we need that one?

Well skipping them still seems pretty good to me. I think it's definitely something that should be included.

"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

I'm an artist :O

« Reply #331 on: August 15, 2012, 04:33:36 PM »

Gets stalfos key, uses Sot, enters garden room, DJ or hover to hand room, gets key, block puzzle etc. So no.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Pedalpowerluigi

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #332 on: August 15, 2012, 05:49:44 PM »

What I wonder is: Is is actually faster to skip the key in the very first room compared to skipping the room at the garden.
It feels like hookshoting up the vine and get the key is faster than the other key. :0

LttpMmOot
Regular Guay

« Reply #333 on: August 15, 2012, 09:26:14 PM »

i used 2 keys in a forest temple run before this was even mentioned, figured people were doing it i guess not rofl
r0bd0g
Regular Guay

« Reply #334 on: August 16, 2012, 01:05:05 AM »

I think I've, like, said everything in this post before but I had nothing better to do so I typed it up.

I heard RI warping was hard. What you should do is just try doing it for practice. Try and get a feel for the timing as you run up to the blue warp. Probably try BA to learn the timing for actually warping (it's a lot harder for adult dungeons, but iirc somewhere near the end of the fade-out is multi-frame window). If you can get it sometimes, try just casting FW somewhere in your runs (possibly the dungeon entrance since you wouldn't have to RI, but maybe somewhere closer to where you'd want to go next) and just make an attempt at it?

For Fire you're going to need a cutscene to warp into, but I can't think of anything worth warping into. My best guess is that you should warp into the door of time opening cutscene. Since the door is already open, it should be super short, and it's possible that LACS will play instead, if you do Fire last. If you can't find a good entrance to use to warp to ToT without entering the ToT, you'd use Outside ToT->ToT (unless LACS->ToT doesn't crash). Looking at the WW table, the best I can really see is Desert Colossus->Fairy Fountain, so IDK if that's faster than just doing the extra savewarp and then watching the shorter DoT opening CS later (this is assuming LACS really does play instead). Fire Medallion CS isn't really that long, though.
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #335 on: August 16, 2012, 08:38:28 AM »

it's possible that LACS will play instead, if you do Fire last.
Maybe it'll do that.
Example: If you have enough medallions to trigger the LACS cutscene when you enter the ToT for the very first time after turning adult, you'll trigger the LACS and the sheik intro cutscene won't trigger until you run back to the pedestal.
LACS had priority over that one when entering ToT. However, since WW simply forces you into a cutscene, It feels like it should force that cutscene even though there is another active one there too?
I'm sure mzx knows the answer. :p

r0bd0g
Regular Guay

« Reply #336 on: August 16, 2012, 03:36:07 PM »

If RI turns out to be feasible... do you think you could look into skipping Fire Arrows? I think you just need a way to get across the shadow trial... hoverslide to the torch and use dins? Hookshot jump using the chest or something? IDK.
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #337 on: August 16, 2012, 03:45:23 PM »

Yea ill check it out.

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
TheWayfaringFox
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #338 on: August 16, 2012, 03:59:01 PM »

I started looking into it too. Is it possible to reach the golden gauntlets chest from the switch with only the hookshot? That's something I don't know. It has been able to reach places where I did doubt it could reach.
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #339 on: August 16, 2012, 04:42:01 PM »

Hookshot reaches Gaunts chest also.......A NEW WR!!!!! Grin very happy with this run.....time 3:24:17 WOOHOO...now to start recording attempts etc. A few mistakes but saved more with "keep master sword" etc. Sub 3:25 wow

Lol
TheWayfaringFox
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #340 on: August 16, 2012, 04:46:51 PM »

Nice, it seems the time is steadily dropping.
r0bd0g
Regular Guay

« Reply #341 on: August 16, 2012, 08:23:43 PM »

In normal OoT, hookshotting back to the gaunt chest is a pixel-perfect thing that people often used ISG for. It's not really important though b/c however you got over to the switch in the first place you could just do that again... and probably it would still be faster than watching the water CS to set up for fire arrows.
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #342 on: August 17, 2012, 06:47:00 PM »

I'm not sure if anyone does this, but I found some short time savers in the fire temple. First you can hoverslides or mega jump in the room with the red block you push and the 2 torch slugs. It saves a little time if you get it first try. Also (I haven't tested,  but it should work, but instead of hitting the switch to make the flame ring around the hammer disappear and watching the short animation, you can probably just get hit by the fire keese close to the chest and open the chest while you're invulnerable. Also I'm having a lot of trouble with the new BK skip. I haven't even succeed ed once yet.

Deku Scrub

« Reply #343 on: August 18, 2012, 01:12:29 AM »

I don't think you can get the Hammer that way because the fire ring is pretty big and won't let you go through it. This trick works in Spirit I think because the fire ring is so small you can push into it just enough to reach the chest. I've only tried once though, so maybe there's a way.
-
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #344 on: September 01, 2012, 02:31:03 AM »

The current MST route
http://pastebin.com/EAUQwWM9

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 26
  Print