ZSR Forums
May 17, 2024, 12:11:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Japanese ROM for English Project 64, V1.6  (Read 5680 times)
CFerens
Deku Scrub

Email
« on: June 27, 2013, 04:41:11 PM »

Hi all, I was just wondering if it was possible to get a Japanese ROM for the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time for my English Project 64, V1.6.

I've been recently trying to learn how to speedrun on the English version of OoT and the long cutscenese are making me a little bit angry (haha). I've looked everywhere, so that's why I came here to ask Tongue

Thanks a lot,

Chris
whyieyesya
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2013, 05:13:03 PM »

Here you go.
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2013, 09:58:11 PM »

Or you could take an english version, open it up in a hex editor, and change CLZE at offset 3B to CLZJ

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

fuck you and the horse you rode in on

562243965 marikthechao@hotmail.com ingx24
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2013, 01:55:15 AM »

Yeah, JP and USA versions of OoT are the exact same ROM with one byte changed to determine what language set is used. Other than that they're identical.

<complex> byan you're doing that thing again
<complex> the thing where everything you say is fucking retarded

<ethandude> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual cheak this out luxury it might come in helpful when u wright your resime
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2013, 03:22:25 AM »

I thought there were slight differences since pausing in Link's House works differently on US 1.1 than JP 1.1 or something.
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2013, 04:39:30 AM »

My theory for that is that the difference comes from the game loading a different texture into the important location in memory / files are loaded into slightly different locations due to the different language setting.

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: