ZSR Forums
May 06, 2024, 01:08:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 31
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT3D: Questions & Answer  (Read 290134 times)
misterb1998
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #345 on: March 04, 2013, 07:04:08 PM »

Still having problems WWing to Nocturne cutscene. I was talking with ZFG for a few lines while he was streaming and he said that chances were I have to view a certain cutscene before the warp works. Also, does it matter if I use gohma's warp or dongo's? I have seen people say to set warp to kakikiro from hyrule field, and some say it from ingo's house. I would like some clarification on this. I'm trying to create a file with all stones, forest, water, shadow, and spirit medalions, and then beat Ganon. I just can't seem to get the WW to nocturne.

If anyone is up to it, a video of WW to nocturne as a child would be very useful.
Guiren
Deku Scrub

« Reply #346 on: March 04, 2013, 08:04:52 PM »

Okay, so I have just a simple question here : why do the guards in Castle Courtyard cheat so much ? They walk through objects to catch you, ok, but they aren't even watching you in the first place !
Everytime I'm in this area, I try to sidehop as fast as I can (except if I obviously can't...), but the 1st guard is more intelligent then me and gets me very often. It's sad because every other trick is kinda easy, but this little thing ruins me up each time I go for ZL. If someone has an idea about what's going on... Smiley
gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #347 on: March 04, 2013, 08:06:16 PM »

If you do every sidehop frame perfect they wont see you, but, if you mess one up after going through their vision they will get you no matter where you are. Thats how they go through walls.

when i grow up, i wanna be just like taylortotftw
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

I'm an artist :O

« Reply #348 on: March 04, 2013, 08:26:20 PM »

Still having problems WWing to Nocturne cutscene. I was talking with ZFG for a few lines while he was streaming and he said that chances were I have to view a certain cutscene before the warp works. Also, does it matter if I use gohma's warp or dongo's? I have seen people say to set warp to kakikiro from hyrule field, and some say it from ingo's house. I would like some clarification on this. I'm trying to create a file with all stones, forest, water, shadow, and spirit medalions, and then beat Ganon. I just can't seem to get the WW to nocturne.

If anyone is up to it, a video of WW to nocturne as a child would be very useful.
You can use either warp: HF -> Kakariko or Ingo house -> Kakariko. Yes, you can use Gohma or King dodongo warp, it doesnt matter which one. The problem here might be that you time the warp incorrectly. Tap A when the blue warp thing is around 60% big. If you warp to Kakariko normally, you tapped too early, if the game crashes, you tapped too late.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Pedalpowerluigi

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
Demise
Regular Guay

Cant be bothered to think of anything to put here.

« Reply #349 on: March 05, 2013, 06:05:26 PM »

I saw a tutorial on youtube for ESS. Here's what it told me to do:
1. Hold circle pad in ESS position
2. Pull out a bomb and hold it
3. When it explodes, quickly press L to start sliding. Then you can release it to turn as usual.

However, the video was called simply "Superslide tutorial", so I'm wondering, does this method result in a hess or normal ess? If it's an ess, how do  you do a hess, and a superslide in general?

Can't be bothered to put anything in my sig either. Tongue
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #350 on: March 05, 2013, 08:33:57 PM »

Lol, if this is true ZFG is dumb Tongue. What he's talking about is this:

When you wrong warp, you are actually setting the game to play a cutscene. In the 64 version it's possible to wrong warp to an area which has no cutscenes; When this happens the game will try to play the last cutscene (which might not be in memory anymore) and can either succeed, crash, or just not play. But in the 3ds version the game will always crash if you wrong warp to an area which has no cutscenes (unless you Death Hole Wrong Warp as that won't force a cutscene to play), and so the last cutscene won't matter anyway.

This was answered, but to make clearer, wrong warping with Gohma's blue warp is no different than King Dodongo's blue warp because those happen to play a cutscene with the same internal number. However, wrong warping with the Fire Temple blue warp is not the same as wrong warping with those two blue warps.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 08:37:21 PM by mzxrules » Logged

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

I'm an artist :O

« Reply #351 on: March 09, 2013, 01:06:06 PM »

benstephens 50:04 100% is so legit...share me your strats Shocked

http://www.youtube.com/user/Pedalpowerluigi

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #352 on: March 09, 2013, 01:45:23 PM »

Damn it, I hate how when you edit a time it changes the hour to 0...

"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012
flameringer0629
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #353 on: March 09, 2013, 03:55:36 PM »

Yeah, i hate that...

LAXYXY
Byak
Deku Scrub

Dash! Dash! Dash!

Email
« Reply #354 on: April 10, 2013, 06:21:46 AM »

Is there a wrong warp table for the 3ds version? I've had a look at this, in particular making use of the fire temple blue warp as adult Link.
I tried the "Kakariko -> Potion Shop (back door)" warp to see if it would warp to the spirit temple, but it only crashed the game, (which leaves me to suspect that not all the warps in the n64 version work for the 3ds). Just to confirm, I've attempted this several times without using the blue warp before attempting the wrong warp.

I am the best, yes, Impact!
Dash! Dash! Dash!
flameringer0629
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #355 on: April 10, 2013, 06:52:36 AM »

Yeah, a lot of the blue warp wrong warps crash on the 3ds version.However if you try some warps that crash for blue warps, if you try DHWW's instead of blue warps it works (obviously not all of them) they will warp you to the place you would normally warp to except not in the CS. because DHWW's don't force you into a CS.

LAXYXY
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #356 on: April 10, 2013, 11:21:11 PM »

The key difference between a wrong warp in OoT and one in OoT3D is that if a wrong warp (that isn't Death Hole Wrong Warping) does not put you into a scene level cutscene (a cutscene that plays when immediately loading an area), it crashes the game.

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Yggdrasill
Regular Guay

« Reply #357 on: April 26, 2013, 11:34:40 PM »

Talking about blue warp, it seems that in the 3ds version, the camera angle does not freeze the "invisible timer". Am I wrong ?
(unlike the 64 version when we face the wall to do ganondoor glitch)
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #358 on: April 27, 2013, 02:01:17 AM »

Talking about blue warp, it seems that in the 3ds version, the camera angle does not freeze the "invisible timer". Am I wrong ?
(unlike the 64 version when we face the wall to do ganondoor glitch)
If I am not mistaken you are absolutely correct which is one of the reasons why ganondoor isn't a thing on the 3ds

"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012
TheWayfaringFox
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #359 on: April 28, 2013, 03:18:03 PM »

If I am not mistaken you are absolutely correct which is one of the reasons why ganondoor isn't a thing on the 3ds
It's just the cutscene lol, you cause the ww if you run to the door fast enough. The window for it is huge and not one frame Tongue
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 31
  Print  

Jump to: