ZSR Forums
May 06, 2024, 07:26:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 31
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT3D: Questions & Answer  (Read 290176 times)
Yggdrasill
Regular Guay

« Reply #270 on: September 16, 2012, 01:06:10 AM »

You're close. The time in which FW can be used is several frames and then it runs out. Therefore, you need to time items right before the sidehop ends, so the message box will immediately trigger the warp.

Okay thanks, I have continued to try RI FWWW, and with training it's more consistent

Doom -> You don't have the Megaton Hammer in your screenshot

Does "Kiddy Capers" still work in 3D? Basically what you do is you set a FW point, then when you pay to ride at lon lon ranch, you warp away. Then if you play a minigame that replaces B, it'll get stuck there.

I have also tested this, and it works for me. As a child, I got the slingshot in B.
I have tried to empty my seeds to do a bottle dupe on B button, but I had forgotten that other items are disabled.
However, when I died, it has occurred the same thing as the "Lon Lon stick" glitch find by CloudMax :
I have nothing in B, and when I perform an action that gray out the B button, it stills grayed out. Then I die to highlight the B button and I have nothing in B (it's because I have never obtained the Kokiri sword ? I don't know)
If we could find a way to get the stick in B button, it would be great :­D Because currently, the RBA as a child is pretty limited. (You can also steal the fishing rod 2 times when you are a child with inventory overstuffing, I don't know if it was already said)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 01:08:39 AM by Yggdrasill » Logged
corneliab
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #271 on: October 26, 2012, 09:25:39 PM »

I'm really curious as to whether it's possible to get to scene 1 at Zora's Fountain in this version (the one that originally had the ocarina pedestal and the screwy overloaded Jabu). Based on the following quote, it doesn't seem like it can be reached through death grotto warping:

If you want to find out where a warp goes... start with this page:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArZNXsrf3f80dFZkM2pielR3Q1AyTi11ejQzLW5GYXc#gid=2

Find the entrance you're using. Then move over to this page:

http://wiki.spinout182.com/w/Debug_ROM:_Exit_List

Find your entrance number and look 4 lines down. That's the area it warps to. If you want to know where in that area you're going to turn up (if you're not using FW or leaving a grotto to get there) then head back to that first page and find your new entrance to see. You can run this process in reverse (look 4 lines up instead of down) if you want to try and find a way to warp to a particular place.

Based on these documents, you would have to set the warp point 010F, which seems impossible here. So grotto warping is a no-go.

However, it was apparently possible to reach the area through blue warp wrong-warping to Gerudo Valley->Tent in the original. I've tried doing this as young Link with the Fire Temple's blue warp following a freshly killed Volvagia, but the game crashes. I was wondering if anyone has tried or is willing to try this with the Deku Tree and Dodongo's Cavern blue warps.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 09:34:49 PM by corneliab » Logged
r0bd0g
Regular Guay

« Reply #272 on: October 26, 2012, 09:41:14 PM »

Death hole warping always seems to get you scene 0. If you want scene 1 you have to use deku or dc. In those cases, also, add 5 and not 4. Fire is scene 3, so add 7.
corneliab
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #273 on: October 26, 2012, 09:54:45 PM »

Death hole warping always seems to get you scene 0. If you want scene 1 you have to use deku or dc. In those cases, also, add 5 and not 4. Fire is scene 3, so add 7.

If I'm following this right, it sounds like getting to scene 1 is impossible. If I were to add five, this would mean that I would have to set the warp at 010E, the Zora's Sapphire cutscene. This can't be done though, can it? I'm assuming this is referring to the rock outcrop that Link spawns to at the beginning of the scene, but setting up a warp here isn't possible due to you spawning in the water after the scene is over. Likewise, getting to the similar scene 2 doesn't even seem like an option since 010F is not listed on that google doc.

Adding 7 with the Fire Temple warp would seem to require setting up a warp in a cutscene, for both 1 and 2,
so that doesn't seem to be the way to go either.

EDIT: scratch all this, I think I should've been looking at the 03D0-03D3 entrances. Still though, how can I tell that these would lead to a scene 1 state? Why would the Fire Temple warp cause a crash but not Deku or Dodongo- the following entrances look to be very similar.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 10:10:33 PM by corneliab » Logged
r0bd0g
Regular Guay

« Reply #274 on: October 27, 2012, 12:01:57 AM »

First, if you're looking at the child/adult night/day stuff, just ignore that. The child day entrance is what's always stored in memory. Then whatever area you hit after adding 4 or 5 or 7, just ignore everything else. That's just to find out what area you end up in. For what scene you get, 0 for death hole, 1 for deku/dc, 3 for fire. Fire crashes because Zora's Fountain either doesn't have a scene 3, or if it does, it doesn't work. If you want scene 1 in Zora's Fountain, you just need to set FW somewhere where 5 exits down it says Zora's Fountain, and then warp there from deku or dc.

Setting FW after the Zora's Sapphire cutscene is one way to reach Zora's Fountain, though there are others. A bonus of setting after that cutscene is you should be guaranteed not to get a random crash -- that is, if the scene still works, setting it there is the best way to find out. The reason it shouldn't random crash is because you will hit the actual entrance that that scene was intended to use, so the data should be guaranteed to load properly.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 12:10:00 AM by r0bd0g » Logged
corneliab
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #275 on: October 27, 2012, 12:15:05 AM »

Thanks, that definitely clears things up. I'll give this a shot later.
misterb1998
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #276 on: December 23, 2012, 01:28:42 AM »

Hello. I'm sort of new to using glitches in OoT3D.

Currently, I'm working on getting the Blue gauntlets, but I'm stuck trying to get the Bombchus beneath the well.
I have gotten beneath already using a TSC, although I have been unsuccessful with retrieving the bombchus. please help. Cheesy

To our knowlege, you can't get bombchus early from BOTW in oot3d. You can get them from skultullas (through hammer ng+) or from the spirit templ (I think?)

As for my own question, is FWWW possible without FW on b? I can't seem to get it. do you have to time the 1 frame of usability with landing? that seems that it would be nearly impossible.

Also, how do you save FW on b for NG+? You cant put the hookshot on B for child, i think

benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #277 on: December 23, 2012, 03:06:25 AM »

To our knowlege, you can't get bombchus early from BOTW in oot3d. You can get them from skultullas (through hammer ng+) or from the spirit templ (I think?)

As for my own question, is FWWW possible without FW on b? I can't seem to get it. do you have to time the 1 frame of usability with landing? that seems that it would be nearly impossible.

Also, how do you save FW on b for NG+? You cant put the hookshot on B for child, i think

No real way to get chus from Spirit early but yes you can get them from GSs

FWWW is possible without bottle adventure FW by using restricted items like so: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTW_WH3wGNM

The only possible way to save a file with an item on the B button (excluding any type of sword) and still have that button on the B button is to save after having paid to fish at the fishing pond or while riding Epona. You can put hookshot on B. However this is pointless because the games crashes (I think) due to no hookshot animation for child link.

"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012
misterb1998
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #278 on: December 23, 2012, 03:46:02 AM »

Oops, sorry. I meant put hookshot on II for child link, so you can NG+ FW
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #279 on: December 23, 2012, 04:12:24 AM »

Oops, sorry. I meant put hookshot on II for child link, so you can NG+ FW
Um... I'm confused as to what you mean. From what you're getting at it sounds like you may be a little confused also. NG+ is normally not done as child Link. To get NG+ you must use a different file with FW on B. Also I have no idea what hookshot has to do with any thing about NG+ FW. NG+ involves BA which involves bottles and there contents and their correlation to item amounts such as poe with deku seeds and bugs with arrows. The amount value for the item must be be 13 for FW BA.

misterb1998
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #280 on: December 23, 2012, 08:18:51 PM »

Sorry if I was unlclear.

To my understanding, in order to start a NG+, you have to have the item you want to transfer on B, then save while fishing or riding.

To get FW on B as adult, you have to BA hookshot as a child. Hookshot on II -> pull out sword -> FW on B

My question is, how do you get hookshot on II as a child? you cant move the item there. The only way I can think you can do that would be to overstuff inventory then get it as a child from Dampe's grave.
Is there not an easier way?
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

I'm an artist :O

« Reply #281 on: December 23, 2012, 08:42:07 PM »

Ugh.....just make sure your quiver has 13 arrows and you have a bottle with a fish. Now get a bottle on your B button, put the MS back to the pedestal, equip the fish bottle as child to the II button and pick up the MS again. Now test the B button for FW.

You can also use 13 dekunuts IIRC but the item on II needs to be a bottled poe instead of a fish. As to why this works...just read it from the regular OoT ZSR page. Hopefully this helps.

E: I ninja'd ben Tongue
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 08:43:43 PM by Pedalpowertoast » Logged

http://www.youtube.com/user/Pedalpowerluigi

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #282 on: December 23, 2012, 08:42:26 PM »

Sorry if I was unlclear.

To my understanding, in order to start a NG+, you have to have the item you want to transfer on B, then save while fishing or riding.

To get FW on B as adult, you have to BA hookshot as a child. Hookshot on II -> pull out sword -> FW on B

My question is, how do you get hookshot on II as a child? you cant move the item there. The only way I can think you can do that would be to overstuff inventory then get it as a child from Dampe's grave.
Is there not an easier way?

Ah no that's not how to setup NG+ at all. My method Is this. First go pay to fish as an adult. Use restricted items to take out a bomb and when the bomb is out cast your line so that you get damaged while fishing. You can now move to the door and exit without reeling in. Now jump in the water and enter and exit the fishing area. Now you will have deku sticks on your b button, but you need to break them all. After that I drop a fish then re catch it so that link has a bottle in his hand. Now you have to back flip and hit the button your bottle is on then the b button while in mid flip (or is it the best then bottle, I can never remember). Now you have bottle on B which allows you to start bottle adventure.

Now go back child. This is were methods of BA can differ depending on what contents a bottle has and what item those contents link to. I use a poe, so go to the graveyard at night and catch a poe. Then make sure you put this bottled poe on the II button. Now you have to make sure you have exactly 13 deku nuts in order to get BA FW. Now if all of these requirements are met you can go draw the master sword and have FW on the b button.

misterb1998
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #283 on: December 24, 2012, 05:21:41 AM »

Ah. Ok. you can use item amount linking instead of just item IDs. Cool.

I have been trying for the past 2 hours to use the Blue warp in the Deku tree with my FW @ HF->KV to get to the nocturne cutscene.

The only times I got the timing right, I pushed warp maybe a bit too early/too late? I wound up under the kokri forest just falling indefinately. Im thinking of starting a new NG+ file so i can just use B and not have to deal with using a sidejump -> touchscreen -> swap FW -> mash x/y -> hope to land -> figure out when to hit warp

Its a big pain.
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

I'm an artist :O

« Reply #284 on: December 24, 2012, 09:04:25 AM »

It sounds like you already have the emerald, if the cutscene of you getting it doesn't play you cant warp Sad
Im not 100% sure but i think the cutscene value of the deku tree and dodongos cavern somehow...uh...i dont know Cry

http://www.youtube.com/user/Pedalpowerluigi

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 31
  Print  

Jump to: