ZSR Forums
May 06, 2024, 03:04:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 31
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT3D: Questions & Answer  (Read 290150 times)
LttpMmOot
Regular Guay

« Reply #165 on: July 08, 2012, 03:04:20 PM »

I found an adult fortress gate skip without saving the carpenters and without the song may help alot i'd record a vid but don't having recording

supplies don't know if anyone found it yet but nearly like the old one just get on the seam where you megaflip as a child to pass the gate and

just megaflip as an adult in the same spot getting on the seam as an adult is pretty easy I used this video to help me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijWy8br-BCs but I used a hoverslide at the end you can also do the hoverboot megajump thing to get to the

seam if you go to far when to land on the seam you get caught when you do land on the seam go up but not to far or you'll fall off and just

megaflip between crossbar and fence just like child link if you did it right you should be over the gate also a possibility you'll get caught but this

works i've done it plenty of times.

also you dont get much room to mess up on the megaflip from the seam if you mess up you either fall off or get pushed backwards being pushed

backwards is alot better but have to be fast when walking back up to megaflip location or the gaurds will catch you it's pretty easy to do this

with practice and it will come in handy for many dont have to save carpenters get or get the song as child link to get to spirit temple not sure

how the epona fortress skip works neither but it also skips her. tried my best to explain this hope it helps.

credit goes to nextbikerider and whoever found the gate skip as an adult in the original Oot I watched many videos and tried everything from

the seam megaflip is the only thing that works.

also mirrior shield chest as a kid from the silver gauntlet chest works just megaflip a crossed from silver gauntlet chest won't actually make it all

the way a crossed but you won't fall all the way down just walk up tilting the analog stick up/right and roll right before you reach the wall and

you will hop on the mirror shield ledge so you can get both silver gauntlets and mirror shield as a child.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 03:18:20 PM by LttpMmOot » Logged
gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #166 on: July 08, 2012, 03:11:22 PM »

I found an adult fortress gate skip without saving the carpenters and without the song may help alot i'd record a vid but don't having recording

supplies don't know if anyone found it yet but nearly like the old one just get on the seam where you megaflip as a child to pass the gate and

just megaflip as an adult in the same spot getting on the seam as an adult is pretty easy I used this video to help me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijWy8br-BCs but I used a hoverslide at the end you can also do the hoverboot megajump thing to get to the

seam if you go to far when to land on the seam you get caught when you do land on the seam go up but not to far or you'll fall off and just

megaflip between crossbar and fence just like child link if you did it right you should be over the gate also a possibility you'll get caught but this

works i've done it plenty of times.

also you dont get much room to mess up on the megaflip from the seam if you mess up you either fall off or get pushed backwards being pushed

backwards is alot better but have to be fast when walking back up to megaflip location or the gaurds will catch you it's pretty easy to do this

with practice and it will come in handy for many dont have to save carpenters get or get the song as child link to get to spirit temple not sure

how the epona fortress skip works neither but it also skips her. tried my best to explain this hope it helps.

Yeah this sounds like what taylortot was trying the other day. He said that he had the same problems with being caught by guards, hopefully there will be a setup to avoid that. Congrats on finding it as well

when i grow up, i wanna be just like taylortotftw
LttpMmOot
Regular Guay

« Reply #167 on: July 08, 2012, 03:30:11 PM »

Yeah this sounds like what taylortot was trying the other day. He said that he had the same problems with being caught by guards, hopefully there will be a setup to avoid that. Congrats on finding it as well

I can make it to haunted wasteland as an adult doing this 90% of the time guards dont catch me as much after practice also not 100% on the

megaflips 95% on those or so fail like 3/40 flips surprisingly these are regular bombs hear people are better at bombchu megaflips i am like 80%

with those been practicing with those a bit.

right now working on another shadow temple early method besides rba and poe hovering but seems like those are the only way poe hover isn't

that hard for me but isg takes me hours or if im lucky 10 mins or so but usually always over 30 mins just to isg I can make it on composer brother grave

but that's useless can't get enough height to grab the fence but i'll keep trying stuff so we have an alternate method besides poe hover and rba
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 03:45:22 PM by LttpMmOot » Logged
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #168 on: July 08, 2012, 03:56:44 PM »

I've been trying out this gate skip too, but I unfortunately suck at hoversliding. I'm sure after some more practice I make it to the seam though. Also if you do find another method for shadow early, I will love you forever! I tried a lot of stuff myself, but of course, to no avail. Alas...

"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012
TaylorTotFTW
Regular Guay

TeamTopSpeed

Email
« Reply #169 on: July 12, 2012, 03:14:08 AM »

Can I ask a question about movement speed? It feels like the recovery after a roll is faster than on console. Would this be enough to justify replacing backwalking, or is it still faster?
Deku Scrub

« Reply #170 on: August 02, 2012, 09:23:39 PM »

What's the worst that can happen when trying to wrong warp? I know the game can crash, but is there anything else?
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

I'm an artist :O

« Reply #171 on: August 02, 2012, 09:45:24 PM »

You warp to the location if you tap too early.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Pedalpowerluigi

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
TheWayfaringFox
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #172 on: August 02, 2012, 10:39:38 PM »

Is it me, or did Greezo make adult link's backwalking faster in this game?
Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #173 on: August 02, 2012, 11:30:18 PM »

From what I can tell (and this is just estimating) most alternate forms of movement (sidehopping, backwalking, etc.) have been slowed down to make them more realistic. I believe backwalking is still fastest as adult, but I don't know whether sidehopping is still fastest as child.

11:17 <Cosmo>: It's hard to tell what ASAP means with todays sequence breaks
doommaker
Special Guay

The DoomJump....The most hated name of all time.

« Reply #174 on: August 11, 2012, 02:46:56 PM »

hey

I'm at the part of the game where sheik is standing in front of the master sword alter and is waiting for you to conquer the Forest Temple
(which I'm to lazy to do).So my question is,is there a way to drop the master sword without doing the Forest Temple?
(I'm really just trying to get some chus xD)

-doommaker
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #175 on: August 11, 2012, 03:12:26 PM »

Is this your brother/relative etc....the way you post is a bit different....change of heart? Anyway answer is no, just BK skip in forest.

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
doommaker
Special Guay

« Reply #176 on: August 11, 2012, 06:57:15 PM »

Is this your brother/relative etc....the way you post is a bit different....change of heart? Anyway answer is no, just BK skip in forest.

I like to go from buisness format to very casual xD
Spices up my posts xD

I was going to try that Grin but I just thought there might be a better way

Oh and I might know a way of getting from the prison to behind the haunted waste land gate (Gerudo fortress) in less than 30s Grin

EDIT:if you want to see one of my bros (I have 5) videos click here (that happened on our property..and I remember watching it....I was like "good good.....CRAP CRAP CRAP!!!!!!")

p.s thx for the help xD
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 07:12:01 PM by doommaker » Logged
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #177 on: August 11, 2012, 11:36:02 PM »

OMFG  Grin hmm death90somethingsomething and doommaker? I think theres a connection here Shocked

Lol
doommaker
Special Guay

« Reply #178 on: August 11, 2012, 11:52:14 PM »

OMFG  Grin hmm death90somethingsomething and doommaker? I think theres a connection here Shocked

"BROTHERS" xD
gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #179 on: August 15, 2012, 06:42:58 PM »

I remember somebody saying that TSC escape was possible with a deku stick, but I dont see how as you dont get a put away boost from the broken stick. Is there anybody here who has actually somehow done it that can confirm it?

when i grow up, i wanna be just like taylortotftw
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 31
  Print  

Jump to: