ZSR Forums
May 08, 2024, 08:18:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help with installing OOT JP on Wii VC  (Read 10366 times)
nekotan
Deku Scrub

« on: August 16, 2013, 02:34:10 AM »

I've been looking for a week or so and I can't find anything to absolutely spoonfeed me on installing it on my Wii. I have Homebrew channel and Any Region Changer from playing Wind Waker in JP. That's as far as I am. Can anyone help me out or link me to a spoonfed tutorial?
btastic
Regular Guay

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2013, 11:47:19 AM »

You buy the game (or download a .wad) and install it via .wad manager. After that it should appear under your normal Wii channels

also known as Sutso
Simpae
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2013, 12:34:12 AM »

You buy the game (or download a .wad) and install it via .wad manager. After that it should appear under your normal Wii channels

Hey, I have never really used a Wii but when you say but it how do you do that? Through a VC shop? Can you buy a game from a different region from this shop? And how does PAL compare to NTSC  when run in VC?

Thanks

EDIT: So I looked into it and I now kind of understand how the VC store works but how would you go about buying games from a different region?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 12:54:36 AM by Simpae » Logged
btastic
Regular Guay

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2013, 02:45:50 AM »

I'm not sure tbh! I did download a .wad and I play it on my VC after I changed the region with a homebrew. I guess thats the best way you got to go. Also you can try to get the game by downloading it from the US store (u dont need the japanese version really hard, because its only a matter of a few seconds for a actual run)

also known as Sutso
Simpae
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2013, 02:52:53 AM »

Well I can't download it from the standard store since I'm in Sweden and would prefer to buy a PAL console to play original games too.

I don't really have an issue with downloading the .wad if I have to tho so how does the region change work? Would I have to change the entire consoles region or the VC or just the .wad even?

The best solution for me would be to be able to play PAL Wii games and NTSC (U and possibly J) VC games. Is this possible?
bluephantom340
Special Guay

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2013, 05:55:15 AM »

Well I can't download it from the standard store since I'm in Sweden and would prefer to buy a PAL console to play original games too.

I don't really have an issue with downloading the .wad if I have to tho so how does the region change work? Would I have to change the entire consoles region or the VC or just the .wad even?

The best solution for me would be to be able to play PAL Wii games and NTSC (U and possibly J) VC games. Is this possible?

If you install priiloader, you can use a "region free everything" option. Alternatively, you can download a program called "freethewads" and you can make your wad region free.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 06:16:51 AM by bluephantom340 » Logged

[13:57] <Kaztalek> Give me a week and I guarentee I will be a top 10 MM player.
[18:34:23] <ingx24> i suck at mm
http://www.youtube.com/user/ayumuhd
Simpae
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2013, 08:07:50 PM »

So which would you recomend making the console region free or just the .wads?

Also thanks a ton to everybody for the help and sorry for stealing the thread.

EDIT: Also can a .wad file be low quality? Will I have to try and find a good version or will any one that works run just as well as the original from the VC store?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 10:12:21 PM by Simpae » Logged
C4SD
Deku Scrub

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2013, 09:14:53 AM »

I just managed to get the JP VC on my PAL Wii. However, the sound is all screwed up, it has like crackling interruptions all the time. Is this a known issue? And are there any solutions for this?

EDIT: I have not found any posts regarding the problem that I have.
Reinstalling the .wad did not solve the problem; neither did changing the region free options in Priiloader.

It could be my TV handling the sound input the wrong way. Switching cables from TV to my capture card and changing its settings on my computer doesn't solve anything either, though.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 10:16:53 AM by C4SD » Logged
bluephantom340
Special Guay

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2013, 03:52:55 PM »

It's not the TV, the sound is screwed up because the region is PAL. I think the only way to avoid this was to region change.

[13:57] <Kaztalek> Give me a week and I guarentee I will be a top 10 MM player.
[18:34:23] <ingx24> i suck at mm
http://www.youtube.com/user/ayumuhd
C4SD
Deku Scrub

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2013, 12:24:50 PM »

It's not the TV, the sound is screwed up because the region is PAL. I think the only way to avoid this was to region change.

Thanks for replying.
Should I try AnyRegion Changer for that? I'd rather avoid this since it can brick my Wii.

EDIT (SOLUTION!):
Today I ran AnyRegion Changer and changed my game region to JP. However, this did not solve the horrible sound quality. By the way, I even noticed the game was lagging all the time, too. It just did not seem that way because Japanese text still was faster than English.
Thus, when changing my region back to European, I noticed there was an option to alter your TV video mode, which was set to PAL and could be changed to either NTSC or MPAL. I figured this might be the problem after reading an article about PAL and NTSC TVs. So I changed my TV setting to NTSC, and it solved the problem.
A small warning, though: I believe it's possible that some PAL TVs do not understand NTSC input. So, be aware that changing your video mode in AnyRegion Changer may cause your TV to do all sorts of weird stuff, so that you will not be able to see what you're doing on your Wii anymore!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 03:15:18 PM by C4SD » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: