ZSR Forums
May 18, 2024, 01:44:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 40
  Print  
Author Topic: MM: Trick Research & Discovery Thread  (Read 443438 times)
Jeville
Special Guay

"special"

« Reply #360 on: May 29, 2012, 02:36:21 PM »

Giant cutscene skip for all bosses:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhqoKXOlnqs
This will be worth doing on Woodfall, because we'd also skip the Tatl cutscene and because Woodfall will be left cursed, dropping you into poison water on your way out. Getting Oath to Order from Great Bay Temple would be best, or whichever one have the shorter cutscene after the giant.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 02:38:07 PM by Jeville » Logged
GlitchesAndStuff
Site Editor
Special Guay

Feel free to ask me anything

« Reply #361 on: May 29, 2012, 02:45:22 PM »

This will be worth doing on Woodfall, because we'd also skip the Tatl cutscene and because Woodfall will be left cursed, dropping you into poison water on your way out. Getting Oath to Order from Great Bay Temple would be best, or whichever one have the shorter cutscene after the giant.
It also depends on which temple you'd want to keep your item counts after, since this trick will delete all your bombs/chus
GlitchesAndStuff
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #362 on: May 29, 2012, 04:39:45 PM »

Okay, so apparently woodfall skip is probably the only one worth it, but I just found out that you can never get oath to order if you skip the cutscene in your first temple... should wait for the other ones to be timed though
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 04:51:56 PM by GlitchesAndStuff » Logged
Jeville
Special Guay

"special"

« Reply #363 on: May 29, 2012, 05:14:37 PM »

3-Day cycle reset without returning to Clock Town:

1. Do Mayor's Warp.
2. Store SoT and use it.
3. If daytime: leave the area. If nighttime: interact with sign/NPC again or take out Ocarina and cancel.

You will return to the First Day without returning to Clock Town.

Important Note: You must get rid of the following items before using SoT or your file will be gone when you reset the game:

- all rupees
- arrows
- bombs
- deku sticks
- deku nuts
- pictograph box photo
- sea horse
- hot spring water

Magic beans, Powder Keg, Bombchu, event items (Moon's Tear, etc.) are okay to keep.

Song of Soaring warp will cancel the Mayor's Warp storage effect.

If you do this in the day, you'll get an overhead view with a blank time display with a howling sound then resume play at 6am of the day before the 1st Day. The in-game clock will display the day of whenever you performed but it's really not, and the Bombers' Notebook will stay stuck at 6am. If you look at the moon, it's slightly farther away than the 1st Day (not as far out as 4th Day). Playing the Song of Double Time will confuse the game and brings the "Obtained Fire Arrows" textbox and then softlocks. Leaving the area or returning from an owl save will get you back to the actual 1st Day on your current hour. If you stored Mayor's Warp effect and used SoT in South Clock Town and visit the Mask Salesman, he will say 95 hours remain (Gossip Stones can keep you updated). If you waited until night, night won't come and the actual 1st Day will come instead so you actually have 12 extra hours, not 24. Dancing with the scarecrow will bring you to the night of the actual 1st Day.

The screen will be shrunk if you do this at night, and playing Song of Double Time will bring up a blank textbox and softlocks because you are on the night of the day before the 1st. The time via an owl save will display 5:59am. The game was supposed to have seven days so we can see some leftovers with this other than the 4th Day glitch. No abnormalities with the Mask Salesman.

Areas tested of being in a day before the 1st Day by activating stored SoT under Mayor's Warp effect during daytime (must not leave area, to keep that day in effect):

Stock Pot Inn: No one in, except Anju's grandmother. She has the Final Day script, so no storytelling. No hand in the toilet. Anju's room not yet tested, must be activated inside.

Milk Bar: Completely empty the whole time.

Mayor's Residence: Gorman isn't visiting, Toto isn't there, and Madame Aroma appears in her chair at 8am. She vanishes at near 11am, and returns in about 45 game minutes and doesn't vanish again.

Kafei's Hideout: Completely empty the whole time.

Post Office: Completely empty the whole time. Gets kicked out at 1pm.

Swordsman's School: Behaves normal, teacher is presented to offer lessons. On-screen displays will become invisible, but all buttons function. They become visible when taking out Ocarina and cancel or pause and unpause.

Bomb Shop: Seller has Final Day script. His mother isn't with him.

Deku Playground: Platforms will be gone, but rupees will be on the floor. You can pick them up and it will be animated as if you're playing the mini-game. Attempting to play will softlock the game, same effect as trying on 4th Day glitch.

South Clock Town: Tower isn't presented. The only carpenter is the one reading the sign, talking to him will result in a hard crash that appears to delete the file. Nothing of worth is in the mailbox, and the dog is there. The guard doesn't use Final Day script, it's either the 1st or 2nd Day one.

East Clock Town: Completely empty, a Bomber kid isn't even on the roof of the Milk Bar nor near the Treasure Chest Shop. The Bomber guard and town guard are the only two people. Town guard uses 1st/2nd Day script. Bomber guard behaves normally. The boxes are there. Postman, Gorman, Anju, and Link the Goron doesn't show up. No spray fairy. Entering the shooting gallery will have no archery guy.

West Clock Town: Completely empty. No Bomber kids, town guard uses 1st/2nd Day script, and the banker behaves normally. Entering Trading Post shop will lead you to an empty store.

North Clock Town: Other than no Postman, it's identical to what you see on the actual 1st Day.

Laundry Pool: Kafei isn't home and the door is locked. The rest is identical to what you see on the actual 1st Day.

Milk Road: The boulder isn't there, nor is the carpenter.

Romani Ranch: No Romani, no Cremia with her lone cow, no balloon. A dog, a box, Epona, and a couple cows located northeast. Stable roof is attached.

Mama's House: Completely empty the whole time. Leaving it leads you to Romani Ranch in conditions mentioned above.

Stable: Completely empty the whole time. A lone cucco, and roof is attached. No oddities. Leaving it leads you to Romani Ranch in conditions mentioned above.

Ikana Canyon: No Sakon.

Gorman Track: Gorman brothers are presented. Leaving will lead you to Milk Road in conditions mentioned above.

Magic Hags' Potion Shop: No oddities.

Woods of Mystery: Same effect as 4th Day. Depending on where you activated it, some passages appear unloaded and stays that way if you go through them.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 06:30:43 PM by Jeville » Logged
Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #364 on: May 29, 2012, 09:23:01 PM »

^^^ HOLY SHIT Shocked Shocked Shocked

11:17 <Cosmo>: It's hard to tell what ASAP means with todays sequence breaks
ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

fuck you and the horse you rode in on

562243965 marikthechao@hotmail.com ingx24
« Reply #365 on: May 29, 2012, 11:17:23 PM »

The woodfall giant CS skip is definitely not worth it. We skip the Tatl cutscene anyway in the new route by doing GBT first, and even if we did do woodfall first, we couldn't skip its cutscene anyway because we need to watch the first giant cutscene for Oath.

The entire cutscene after woodfall altogether is 1:22 long (assuming it's done with the second giant cutscene). You would need an extra bomb shop trip, which would be no less than 50 seconds long (it's actually more but I'm going with the bare minimum for argument's sake). You would also need more rupees, which would cost about 35 seconds with zora gainer to ECT chest. So now we're at 1:25 for time lost. Therefore, woodfall cutscene skip is slower.

STT cutscene skip is confirmed to save time according to ZFG. I'm still testing snowhead; I believe that one may be worth it. GBT is definitely not worth it since we do it first anyway and the cutscene after it is only 7 seconds long (we need to watch Oath cutscene no matter what).

<complex> byan you're doing that thing again
<complex> the thing where everything you say is fucking retarded

<ethandude> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual cheak this out luxury it might come in helpful when u wright your resime
ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #366 on: May 30, 2012, 12:26:44 AM »

Some useless tricks

swamp clip with song of soaring stone http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nIFWdfkKJM
ikana castle front door loading zone http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVqoGpCVIeM

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #367 on: May 30, 2012, 04:36:01 PM »

I found the variable which stores SoT/SoS pop-ups.

It's 801C6A7D in MM U. It works like this: When you play a song, a byte value representing that song is stored at that address, or FF if no song is stored. The other possible values are listed below

00 = Sonata, 01 = Goron Lullaby ... 04 = Oath to Order, 05 = Saria's Song (Beta), 06 = Song of Time, 07 = Song of Healing ... 0A = Song of Storms. 0B = Sun Song (Beta), 0C = Inverted Song of Time, 0D = Song of Double Time, 16 = Scarecrow's Song
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 04:43:24 PM by mzxrules » Logged

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Jeville
Special Guay

"special"

« Reply #368 on: May 30, 2012, 11:27:15 PM »

To my amusement, you can do the Goron race in the winter with SoT storage. Gold dust cannot be won though, the Gorons vanish after the race.
GlitchesAndStuff
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #369 on: May 30, 2012, 11:30:49 PM »

Today I found a way to skip to halfway into the monkey's text when learning Awakening using ISoT storage, but it's not quicker because of the time it takes to store ISoT beforehand...

But it's still interesting enough to post here I thought:

Getting up the selection for choosing to slow time down , and then taking out ocarina and pressing yes at the same time will skip to when you have do decide "no" or "yes" to if you understand what the monkey has told you, which is right before learning the song. The game assumes the ISoT text is actually that text box from the cutscene as it has a 'choose one of two options' feature. This means if you select the top option, it thinks you're selecting the top option to what should be in the awakening cutscene.

I hope that makes sense, I'm sure you all know that I'm bad at explaining...

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06XVUYU3nJE
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 11:51:31 PM by GlitchesAndStuff » Logged
Jeville
Special Guay

"special"

« Reply #370 on: May 31, 2012, 01:13:37 AM »

I would say Romani, but Tatl will ruin the storage pointing out at Epona. Maybe for a quicker command to open the tombstone, since you'd respawn close there from the fall too but isn't quicker than rolling your way there. It may have use on Anju (receiving letter), Kafei ("can you keep a secret?"), starting the Honey & Darling mini-game quicker, starting the horse race quicker, receiving Kafei's mask from Madame Aroma quicker, and giving your sword to the smithy quicker if I understand the glitch correctly. If this glitch do have some use, I'm having doubts that it can apply to any%.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 01:30:28 AM by Jeville » Logged
ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

fuck you and the horse you rode in on

562243965 marikthechao@hotmail.com ingx24
« Reply #371 on: May 31, 2012, 01:40:51 AM »

I timed snowhead from exiting fire arrow room to gaining control in Ikana Canyon for both skipping the giant cutscene and watching it - skipping the cutscene won by a whopping 40 seconds on N64. So any% now does 4 cycles. lol

<complex> byan you're doing that thing again
<complex> the thing where everything you say is fucking retarded

<ethandude> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual cheak this out luxury it might come in helpful when u wright your resime
Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #372 on: May 31, 2012, 03:15:34 AM »

^^^ HOLY SHIT Shocked Shocked Shocked

mind=blown

This shit is crazy.

This and shit are anagrams XD
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 03:17:22 AM by Norkix » Logged

11:17 <Cosmo>: It's hard to tell what ASAP means with todays sequence breaks
Kaztalek
Special Guay

« Reply #373 on: May 31, 2012, 02:54:51 PM »

requesting video of back in time @ jeville

* ZFG sets mode: +b *!*@m2k2-41FE9128.tampfl.fios.verizon.net
* KlydeStorm was kicked by ZFG (I'll destroy you)
Jeville
Special Guay

"special"

« Reply #374 on: May 31, 2012, 03:07:53 PM »

I'll get to it and edit with video.

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zxJlH94mXc

Edit2: Made a handful of edits in description.

Oceanside Spider House guy on 0th Day uses 1st Day script & reward (4th Day is just blank text box & no reward).
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 11:34:43 PM by Jeville » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 40
  Print  

Jump to: