ZSR Forums
May 07, 2024, 10:51:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT remake for 3DS  (Read 241185 times)
thundrio
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #240 on: May 28, 2011, 08:47:03 PM »

How did you get here? The chu boost? If so, this would still work all you'd need is Din's Fire to actually load that lower part.

i think what he means is that he went to the edge of the wall and had the camera clip OoB which happens often in just normal play. but even if you cant physically see anything, the loading zone could theoretically still be there (like when you clip Botw), even if it has no textures associated with it. (if the floor geometry is gone, maybe you could get as high/close as you could on top of the map/wall and do a megaflip into the loading zone).

also have you tried BoTW early? an easy way to do it without isg is hit the cucco 3 times. pick it up and align yourself so a backflip will put you in the well, then shield drop, slash the cucco, and backflip in quick succession. better yet, when you are young link and the cutscene for cucco's start attacking, is link floating like in normal game?

[19:30] <13@jiano> i love programmin
[19:30] <13@jiano> if thing == otherthing: do thingything !!!!!!!!
ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #241 on: May 29, 2011, 02:12:32 AM »

Thanks for the clarification TSA.

Cucco Jump - Could still work, I concede I didn't give it much attention because...

Early Desert - Nerfed.  They put up a high wall around the top of the platform at the gate. You can't clip through it nor side hop/backflip over it.
I think there's still some hope for this.  Another way to get past the gate in fortress is to do the 0 gravity glitch at the top like with ice arrows as child, which unloads the gate so you can walk through.  Though if what TSA said about shadow applies to all 2 load areas and the ground is completely gone, not just textures, then this wont work either.

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
thundrio
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #242 on: May 29, 2011, 02:19:27 AM »

from what his description of shadow sounds like to me is, he didn't actually test the ground, he just saw there was no ground visible and so assumed it wasnt there. so if this is true there is hope for loading tricks to still work. also any word on trials skips tsa? either armos method or freezos method)

[19:30] <13@jiano> i love programmin
[19:30] <13@jiano> if thing == otherthing: do thingything !!!!!!!!
Mike
Regular Guay

« Reply #243 on: May 29, 2011, 04:01:00 AM »

from what his description of shadow sounds like to me is, he didn't actually test the ground, he just saw there was no ground visible and so assumed it wasnt there. so if this is true there is hope for loading tricks to still work. also any word on trials skips tsa? either armos method or freezos method)

You can't get up to the ledge area to seam walk to the Shadow Temple anymore anyway. They raised the "wall" you blasted up to and removed the incline (it's a flat surface now). The other thing I haven't made clear is the excessive use of invisible walls now. Jabu Jabu - the two fences next to him have invisible walls that extend beyond the physical railing. Trying to jump slash/bomb blast during a jump from the other nearby fence doesn't work because of how far the invisible wall extends.

I haven't tried using Zero Gravity yet, though - I said I started to go down the list of stuff, I hadn't gotten to it all. Trials Skip was another one I hadn't tried yet, but it won't be that difficult to try out when I get back to work next week. I also haven't tried the early well with Cucco yet. BTW, it might just be me, but the analog pad makes it much harder to move with precision (maybe just a thing I have to get used to like I pointed out). I miss the N64 and even the GCN stick.

If you guys have anything you want me to try, I'll do my best. And again, I stopped playing OoT seriously over 5 years ago, and only started messing around with a lot of the tricks discovered after my time earlier this year for other projects. I am making sure, though, that I can execute any of the tricks on N64 first so I know how they look/feel, and then moving over to the 3DS version.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 04:02:42 AM by TSA » Logged
Mitjitsu
Regular Guay

Yum

« Reply #244 on: May 30, 2011, 06:05:33 PM »

You need to test flame storage; water extended superslide; cucco jump; seam walking; 0 gravity trick in Gerudo Fortress; backwalk across quicksand; hoverboosting and megajumping (this will be hard); invunerabilty trick with pink fairy to get past tentacles in Jabu; bottle switch trick and Forest boss early using railing glitch.

Things that aren't hovering go in the other topic.
Majora MIM
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #245 on: May 30, 2011, 07:26:08 PM »

You should try Majora's Mask stuff. They may have used some of its engine (the unpowered crouch stab makes me think to it).

I'm so excited, three weeks and I'm on holidays with the best game ever!
well, at least most of us will try the natural route after so many years before trying tricks Tongue
For sure, I'll do complete 100% of both OOT and MQ before doing anything else (which might barely take a week :p ).

sorry for my soooo bad english.

TLOZ: complete     AOL: complete     ALTTP(GBA): 100%
LA(DX): complete   OOT/MQ/3D: 100%    MM: 100%
OOA/OOS: 100%    FS:100%   TWW:100%
 FSA: 100%     TMC: 100%     TP: 100%
PH: 100%        ST: 100%         SS: Huh
UchihaSasuke
Special Guay

move over Chidori, time to spam infinite Susano'o

« Reply #246 on: May 30, 2011, 08:51:37 PM »

invisible wall abuse didn't stop people from breaking TWW.

still 20+ days away from release.

"Patience is useful in any moment"

Youtube Account 1
Youtube Account 2
aleckermit
Mega Guay

back in green

WWW Email
« Reply #247 on: May 30, 2011, 11:11:15 PM »

Thanks for the info TSA, keep us informed if you get your hands on the game again.

http://youtube.com/aleckermit

<@Swordless> Have you had this problem before? A game not starting until you cleaned it?
Mike
Regular Guay

« Reply #248 on: June 01, 2011, 09:03:21 PM »

As some of you probably saw, retail copies went out to press. I'll recheck a lot of the glitches, but if you want to start bugging other people you know who have it - could start using more people trying this stuff out.

This was the final list of stuff I got to test out on the review code build (not final retail), but as I said, should all be re-verified/tested on retail now:

Nayru's Love Crash - No
Infinite Sword Gtitch - No
Crouch Stab Forest Escape - No
Door of Time - No
Power Crouch Stab - No
Megaflip w/Nayru's Love - Yes
Megaflip - Yes
Steal the Fishing Rod - No
RBA/BA - No
Shadow Temple Early - No
Mido Skip in Lost Woods - No
Forest Temple Boss Key Skip (acute angle) - No
Forest Temple Boss Key Skip (rail) - No
Water Temple Boss Key Skip - No
Wasteland without Lens - Yes
Shadow Temple Boss Key without Fire - No
Superslide / Hoverslide - No
Gerudo Fortress Gate Skip as Child - No
Silver Block Skip - No
Golden Scale as Child - No
Fairy Bow without Bracelet - No
Jabu-Jabu's Belly without Fish - No
Flame Storage - No
Forest Escape - No
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 10:34:10 PM by TSA » Logged
ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #249 on: June 01, 2011, 09:25:00 PM »

Mido Skip in Lost Woods - No
Did you try this with a megaflip?

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
Mike
Regular Guay

« Reply #250 on: June 01, 2011, 10:33:52 PM »

Did you try this with a megaflip?

Sorry, no - and actually that one should actually not be listed -- I accidentally marked that one. I'll edit it out.

Also, on retail, just did some tests on Queen Gohma:
Jump Attack (Sword) - 5
Jump Attack (Deku Stick) - 5
Attack (Deku Stick) - 5
Attack (Sword) - 10

It's possible to beat her in one attack cycle with the slingshot used to stun her and basic attacks with Deku Sticks, so that's good news.

Quick Spins, for me, are easier to do when rotating counter-clock wise for some reason. Kind of weird seeing Link spin one way while I rotate the opposite. Was just able to do 10 in a row no issue, but still have problems doing it consistently clockwise.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 10:37:50 PM by TSA » Logged
SoulCal
Deku Scrub

danthetrmptman
Email
« Reply #251 on: June 02, 2011, 01:17:45 AM »

So TSA, you're telling us megaflipping works? That's interesting...
I'm thinking about hosting a 'glitch competition' on my YouTube page to get my (few) subs interested in ZSR. I'm thinking about giving out gift cards, paypal, etc, for when people find glitches and I (or everyone here) will decide which ones are 'most useful'. I'll probably limit it to top 3 glitches found. And of course everyone here can compete too. Tell me what you all think about this idea.

Here is a video of the competition. I would appreciate any help anyone would provide.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FgvjxfxjlU
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 06:46:12 PM by SoulCal » Logged
aleckermit
Mega Guay

back in green

WWW Email
« Reply #252 on: June 05, 2011, 07:34:10 PM »

Really cool 10 minute gameplay video that shows many locals:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1Q85OrARH0

Death Mountain Trail looks AMAZING. They did an awesome job re-texturing it. Princess Ruto also now has a sort of biological bra. Hyrule has some crazy evolution priorities Tongue.

Also:
1. They dumbed-down the rock-humper'ss animation, he's less suggestive now.
2. Moonwalking looks to still be in (see 5:51)
3. In the Kakariko cow house, you can see drawings on the walls that give weird hints like scooping blue fire, hookshotting the tree to get into the Forest Temple, boomeranging uvula's in JJB, pushing armos statues, bow + torch = fire arrow, throw bombs in the big pot in GC, use Mirror Shield on sun switches (yes the new design is on the mirror shield), etc.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 07:55:26 PM by aleckermit » Logged

http://youtube.com/aleckermit

<@Swordless> Have you had this problem before? A game not starting until you cleaned it?
kyled103
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #253 on: June 05, 2011, 09:18:32 PM »

The video aleckermit posted was absolutely beautiful. First time I saw a Golden Skulltula token in-game and it looks amazing. Anyway.

This post doesn't really reveal much about this upcoming game, but shows just a little cool feature they changed. Looks like they reworked the Mario Easter Egg in Hyrule Castle to have 3D look.

http://www.zeldadungeon.net/2011/06/mario-easter-egg/#more-11182
Enterim
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #254 on: June 06, 2011, 05:41:39 PM »

4:05 in that 10 minute video: the piece of heart in the Windmill looks more like a heart container?

The new textures are gorgeous though. Kakariko at evening looks so good. The Tektite animations are so fluid now! This game looks gorgeous.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 05:43:45 PM by Enterim » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19
  Print  

Jump to: