ZSR Forums
May 15, 2024, 08:38:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Differences as far as tricks between versions  (Read 4565 times)
pk is 1337
Deku Scrub

Email
« on: May 18, 2011, 08:38:57 AM »

Hey all i found out that unfortunately through debugging that the version of ocarina of time for n64 i have is a 1.2. I was wondering as far as different techniques such as bomb/chu hovering and such what can/cant be done in 1.2. If there is a section with this info i would appreciate a link to read up in that section or if someone could give a list of what can/cant be done in v1.2. Some things i have been able to do is minor stuff such as isg bomb hover(although bombchus dont seem to work for me) skipping deku tree using crouch stab isg to pass milo but i wanted to see if theres anything else that got patched before i think i failed completely at it.
Exodus122
Regular Guay

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 11:37:30 AM »

In 1.2 if you save and quit as an adult without the master sword in your inventory, it adds it and equips it the next time you load the file. This means you cannot become swordless by saving and quitting when Ganon knocks away your master sword. This also mean that if you steal the rod and savewarp more than once, your stick/empty b button with have the master sword. In 1.0, the game does not put the master sword on b when you save and reset without it.

They also fixed a glitch that allowed you to steak the rod. In 1.0 you could run over the pond with hover boots or run off the rocks and cast the rod. This lets you walk around with the rod cast and leave with it still equipped. However, a way has been discovered for all versions to steal the rod so this difference doesn't matter much.

Those are the only two tricks they patched as far as I know.

Toolex
Regular Guay

My hair gets compared to this too often...

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 12:43:55 PM »

There is also a section on some of the version differences in oot

http://zeldaspeedruns.com/site/index.php?link=oot/generalknowledge/VersionDifferences

you can get a really good grasp of what can and can't be done by just going through that site

Got back into Zelda OOT and MM because of this site Cheesy
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2011, 01:34:04 AM »

Pretty much any trick listed on the site can be done on any version. There are just a handful of edgecases and patches that are pretty much covered in that version differences page.

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
pk is 1337
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2011, 03:06:37 AM »

Thanks for the link and the info guys. also i wonder if it may just be me or if there's a slight change with bombchu hovering on 1.2 oot. It seems when i use chus they dont keep me in the air but i have no issues in Majoras mask.
aleckermit
Mega Guay

back in green

WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2011, 04:33:21 AM »

Thanks for the link and the info guys. also i wonder if it may just be me or if there's a slight change with bombchu hovering on 1.2 oot. It seems when i use chus they dont keep me in the air but i have no issues in Majoras mask.

Hovering is much much different between OoT and MM. It's a ton more forgiving in MM. Just check the OoT section of the site to learn how to hover correctly in that game, requires some practice and know-how.

http://youtube.com/aleckermit

<@Swordless> Have you had this problem before? A game not starting until you cleaned it?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: