ZSR Forums
May 19, 2024, 05:25:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT Team Bingo League?  (Read 5521 times)
keymakr
Deku Scrub

Email
« on: March 26, 2014, 01:35:58 PM »

Hey, just some ideas I'm putting together on a sort of team bingo league. If anyone is interested/has other ideas or feedback let me know.

http://pastebin.com/YwepxsuW
Jbop
Twenty-three is number one! Do you think I'm a traitor?

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 10:00:24 PM »

I've been hoping for something like this for a while Grin

Quote from:  ZFG on March 24, 2008, 8:27:24 AM
Quote from:  Prognosis_4 on March 24, 2008, 8:25:50 AM
Why are you guys so certain it's possible?
Because its OoT.
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014, 10:18:28 PM »

I love this idea. Bingo is something I've been planning on "working my way up to", but on the other hand, it's something that you have to just kinda do to get better at.
Hornlitz
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2014, 10:52:14 PM »

I've been wanting to get back into bingo recently, and this seems like it could be really fun, so I'd definitely love to do it. My real life would probably get in the way a lot though.
Sniping117
Regular Guay

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2014, 11:04:40 PM »

We used to do Team Blackout's alot in last year's months. Teamracinglive isn't that alive anymore. Would be fun to see that coming alive again. You can balance the teams really well with the different skills levels.
Tr621
Regular Guay

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2014, 11:14:27 PM »

I have three suggestions for match types:

"Single Pick": all three players on a team have to do the same row/column/diagonal. This adds more strategy, as teams would have to pick easy so new players could get a good time, or fast, to win the bingo overall.

"Pool": everyone individually picks a row, and then you basically pick an option at random. You can end up with your own option, a teammate's option, or an opponent's option. The best part is that there can be multiple of the same row/column. One problem with this is that it would be hard to get it set up so that everyone still has 3.5 minutes to route, but what could happen is people see the card in advance, pick, and then find their row/column when the race starts. Better for advanced players, but, then again, not every match should be catered to new players.

"Best of 3": the best player, medium player, and lowest-ranked player on each time each agree to do the same row, without seeing the card. These must be three different rows. Example: Team 1 has high-ranked A, medium B, and low C. Team 2 has high-ranked D, medium E, and low F. A and D must do the same row/column, as do BE and CF, but each pair must do a different row.

There are other random ideas I have, but these three seem to fit the best into the idea of this.

Anyways, I'd like to do this if I have time. I'll definitely have a lot of time to do this in the summer depending on when it is (what day/time).

"I once stored a quick draw on my sword without de-equipping the bottle in my hand in an attempt to bottle dupe over sword. Didn't work." - nathanisbored, 2013

----

lol us da beg key
Zefie
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2014, 11:58:43 AM »

"Best of 3": the best player, medium player, and lowest-ranked player on each time each agree to do the same row, without seeing the card. These must be three different rows. Example: Team 1 has high-ranked A, medium B, and low C. Team 2 has high-ranked D, medium E, and low F. A and D must do the same row/column, as do BE and CF, but each pair must do a different row.

A big problem I see with types that restrict a player to a single row is that it's generally unfitting for a team format from bingo-to-bingo. Across a "season" or whatever you want to call it, results will maybe average out (if you use some kind of scoring system but that seems kinda clumsy to me) but in individual bingos, the high-rank players will finish first with some variation, the mid-rank players will finish after and then just sit there while they wait and see who wins, which is entirely dependent on which team has the better low-rank player.

One of the most discouraging things when I was starting out with bingos was seeing people in the IRC talk about doing a rematch while you still have 40+ minutes left to play, it'd probably be even more discouraging if I was part of a team and had my teammates sitting around doing nothing while waiting for me. This happens a lot already in blackouts.

This is why I'm heavily in favor of types that allow usage of the entire board or at least allow switching of objectives (Maybe each player picks a row and as a team, you can switch objectives a total of 3 times?) or otherwise you're usually going to end up with the high-rank players twiddling their thumbs after each game.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 12:02:56 PM by Zefie » Logged
keymakr
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2014, 11:47:09 PM »

For discussion/planning on this, check out #bingoleague on the SRL irc.
keymakr
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2014, 05:28:12 AM »

Double post hype

Signup form for the OoT Team Bingo League

http://bombch.us/gZg

Feel free to sign up if you think you're a good player or if you want to learn. This is mainly to get a check for interest/see how many teams there will end up being.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: