ZSR Forums
May 03, 2024, 09:18:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ganondoor Help Please? [With Video]  (Read 4568 times)
xDaub
Deku Scrub

« on: June 12, 2013, 01:06:50 PM »

So I'm trying to do the wrong warp or ganondoor trick. But when ever I go through the door to go back I end up in the original room instead of the castle. I'm pretty sure my adjustments are right.
Heres a video of me trying it : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gJy7DDSDLE
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2013, 06:08:11 PM »

Is there some new method out there where you do two sidehops while holding left instead of just one at full speed?

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 07:01:55 PM »

I think one of the other setups uses 2 sidehops, but maybe it's only 1 sidehop for this method.
Steve
Regular Guay

beware

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2013, 08:53:44 PM »

Definitely only 1 sidehop for this method
TheRev
Deku Scrub

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2013, 06:06:46 AM »

Hey xDaub,

I recently started learning MST and had some problems with this trick. From the video you posted I can give you 2 tips right away. What really prevented me from being able to do this trick consistently was the amount of time I waited after the "warping" sequence ended, ie. when you do IO and the camera spins around then stops on Link. Basically AS SOON as the camera stops panning, that's when you want to hit B to cancel OI and start running right. We're talking as fast as possible here. The second tip is to do only 1 side hop; it's also important to note here that his side hop should be done after Link has accelerated to max speed (after about 2 steps or so). I do it usually half way to the "bump" in the floor. Your adjustments for the frames you were hitting look correct to me. If you're still having issues, check out this video if you haven't already: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAOfhr4US2s . Poodle explains the trick and gives you some pointers there. Like I said, out of all the videos I've watched the thing that no body really stressed about this trick is to cancel OI AS SOON as camera pans back to Link.

Good luck.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: