ZSRM 2015 Hotel

<< < (2/3) > >>

Otaku:
How many people are expected, or just like a vague guess? I'm finding some good prices around the South-Eastern end of PA, but I'm not sure how big the conference (or whatever) room will have to be.

TestRunner:
I'd expect probably 20-40 people. We'll need two rooms (about 600sqft each) for the stream and practice room.

Otaku:
This is near me, Google said $75 which they must have used the AAA rate for but for somebody without AAA it seems to average about $90 a night and climbs just a bit in the summer.

http://www.innatreading.com/

They have a ton of conference rooms and the rooms and location actually seem extremely nice rather than a cheap hotel. Not sure how long the marathon will go for but if people are splitting rooms it won't be pricy at all even though it's a little bit more than $70 or whatever.

Here's the conference room layout:

http://www.innatreading.com/Guide.pdf

I was thinking maybe like Chamberlain A & B with the separator removed to make 600 sq ft. for the stream room, and then the Hancock room for the practice room. It's only 400 sq ft. but if we need the space the Buford room seems to be an exact copy (just flipped) of that room, and I picked those because they're mostly the right size and they're all right next to each other. The other rooms are pretty huge (a lot more than we need at the moment) but there's a TON of room to expand for future years if needed. Better yet, I live in Reading so I can help setup, tear-down, and could probably save up a few extras CRTs to bring with me not to mention consoles. If the conference room rates aren't ridiculous I would suggest considering this, even though the room are a bit more expensive than the $60-70 range it seems to come with good reason (it looks "newly renovated" and not "40's hotel renovated in the 70's kind of deal" and the layout seems really convenient. There's also some cheap hotels around if people really can't afford the price of the rooms but it doesn't seem so bad and they offer group rates. AAA rate is really cheap but I realize I can't expect everybody to have that. Hope this helps! I could always try and get pictures if needed, it's like 10 or 15 minutes away from my home.

TestRunner:
I'll check it out later, thanks for looking around. This place seems pretty decent at a glance.

Otaku:
Yeah, no problem. The rooms are probably worth dropping the extra $20 on, I've been to some bad hotels and it was an overall crummy experience until we left just based on the rooms.

If you decide to hold it there, I can probably start hoarding some CRT TVs and bring some other stuff along if needed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page