ZSR Forums
May 17, 2024, 12:12:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT Puzzle Race #8: Sunday, 9/11/11 at 1 p.m. EST  (Read 13397 times)
Amphorce
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2011, 07:37:54 PM »

This sounds like a good first run. What would i have to do to race? What cite would i have to go on?
Link98
Regular Guay

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2011, 08:17:44 PM »

You'd need to join the #speedrunslive channel on the IRCto get involved with everyone else.

Might just about be able to make this one but it'll be close so we'll see.
Samura1man
Regular Guay

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2011, 09:49:34 AM »

I would come to this one.
Pokey
Special Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2011, 03:23:59 PM »

http://speedrunslive.com/channel/

Go there to join the channel, pick your own nick.

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
Enterim
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2011, 05:29:43 PM »

Enterim
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2011, 10:05:38 PM »

Results:

1st  Kazooie  03:03:48  (1428 → 1460)
2nd  Librari   03:27:21  (1365 → 1389)
3rd  sockfolder  03:34:42  (1268 →    1293)
4th  voln  04:47:34  (1250 → 1259)

Kazooie did a 4/1, collecting the Kokiri Sword and then completing the Deku Tree, Dodongo's Cavern, Forest Temple, and Fire Temple(!). Kazooie hovered up to the Forest Temple like it was nobody's business and defeated Phantom Ganon with the Light Arrows from the any% RBA. He ended up RBAing the Fire Temple boss key and then BAing the Megaton Hammer. How bizarre.

Librari did a 4/1, collecting the Kokiri Sword and then completing the Deku Tree, Dodongo's Cavern, Forest Temple, and one other (I forget)

sockfolder did a 4/1, collecting the Kokiri Sword and then completing the Deku Tree, Dodongo's Cavern, Forest Temple, and Water Temple. He BAed the Longshot a few times and was on track to win but died to Morpha twice (even with 2+ fairies).

voln did a 4/1, collecting the Kokiri Sword and then completing the Deku Tree, Dodongo's Cavern, Forest Temple, and Water Temple. I don't remember much of his route. :/

Samura1man edged ahead of the competition with a 2/1 rather quickly but then got stuck at the hover up to the Forest Temple and .quit after about an hour of low%-MSTcore hovers.

joe would likely have won roughly two hours in had he not accidentally opened a 200 rupee chest in Kakariko and then was forced to reset to his last save, losing 45 minutes of progress. He never recovered.

For those wondering, 3/0 was not possible (TASers are welcome to challenge this). How was the race? I look forward to hearing Kazooie and Librari's full routes as well as the one Grunz thought up.
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2011, 03:02:20 PM »

Wait a minute...

Couldn't you replace the Kokiri Sword with the Deku stick, collect chus via the magic carpet guy, and finish with just Gohma, King Dodongo, Morpha?

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Exodus122
Regular Guay

« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2011, 03:37:31 PM »

No. The kokiri sword is needed to skip the door of time.

TimpZ
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2011, 04:09:03 PM »

How do you verify the times? I understand that a photo of e.g. a bingo-run might be sufficient if it's uploaded soon enough. But this seems kind of abusable if I've understood it correctly (not that I think people here in general are cheating)...

Would love to join sometime when I get a stable internet connection though!

Why does adult Link have an earring?
Quote from: CinnabonChan
Because Rauru's a pervert. Leave a priest alone with a young boy in a seven year coma, who gradually grows into a handsome young man?

Yeah, that will end well. I'm pretty sure Rauru has a stack of kinky outfits he dressed Link in
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2011, 05:37:03 PM »

No. The kokiri sword is needed to skip the door of time.

I didn't know the Door of Time blocked the entrance to the Water Temple...

Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Runnerguy2489
Special Guay

I'm not your buddy, guay!

« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2011, 06:00:26 PM »

Wait a minute...

Couldn't you replace the Kokiri Sword with the Deku stick, collect chus via the magic carpet guy, and finish with just Gohma, King Dodongo, Morpha?
Can't get to the magic carpet guy without the sword.

runnerguy your such a mother fucker. whats with all this bombchu shit? all everyone who likes this shit is stupid. ur a fucking cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur shit! videos.
Enterim
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2011, 07:54:23 PM »

Yeah, and maxx verified it's only possible to get 31 of the 40 GSes you need to get chus without a sword.
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2011, 09:49:21 PM »

Ah that's right, Cucco jump is impossible with just Deku Stick.

You can get chus from the "Fabulously Rich Family" for 40 tokens?

Braid
Pheenoh
Site Editor
Special Guay

Locked in cafde's basement

Email
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2011, 09:59:32 PM »

Ah that's right, Cucco jump is impossible with just Deku Stick.

You can get chus from the "Fabulously Rich Family" for 40 tokens?
10 Adult's Wallet
20 Stone of Agony
30 Giant's Wallet
40 Bombchus (!)
50 Heart Piece
100 Infinite Gold Rupees

But, as RG said, Maxx tested this and it's not possible to get 40 GS without sword. Making a 3 - 0 route impossible. Sockfolder and I were doing the same route, but I forgot to RBA Odd potion to go back in time, so I just .quit. I didn't really feel like doing all the RBA junk over again. ^^

EDIT: See below. Maxx is a beast.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 10:40:15 PM by Pheenoh » Logged

<yashichidsf> tompa should default be a mod on everything related to srl
<yashichidsf> while i'm not a big fan of modding bots, i think tompa is really well programmed
Maxx
Admin
Special Guay

« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2011, 02:00:38 PM »

To clarify, you CAN get 40 GS without sword, but only if you get another chest item (like Boomerang). So yeah, 3-0 looks way impossible.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: