ZSR Forums
May 08, 2024, 01:45:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: PAL N64/VC OoT Thread  (Read 14204 times)
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2015, 06:01:24 PM »

I feel bad for NTSC-U people because they're one byte away from having an NTSC-J version.

Want to just point out that the textures themselves are identical in size, they are just being scaled slightly differently.

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Jovis
Deku Scrub

Email
RE
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2015, 04:58:59 PM »

Is it just me or is the fire wall during Ganon 2 just barely passable without crashing the game? I can consistently pass the fire on NTSC-J N64 1.0, but usually crash it on PAL64.

Is this known? Is there a way round this? I've tried putting Ganon further away and off screen while picking up the sword, rolling past it, back-walking past it, side-hopping, trying to have less things on screen to reduce lag, and nothing really seems to make a difference.
Jbop
Twenty-three is number one! Do you think I'm a traitor?

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2015, 05:24:39 PM »

Is it just me or is the fire wall during Ganon 2 just barely passable without crashing the game? I can consistently pass the fire on NTSC-J N64 1.0, but usually crash it on PAL64.

Is this known? Is there a way round this? I've tried putting Ganon further away and off screen while picking up the sword, rolling past it, back-walking past it, side-hopping, trying to have less things on screen to reduce lag, and nothing really seems to make a difference.

Yeah that seems to be a common problem. Idk if there's anything you can do about it.

Quote from:  ZFG on March 24, 2008, 8:27:24 AM
Quote from:  Prognosis_4 on March 24, 2008, 8:25:50 AM
Why are you guys so certain it's possible?
Because its OoT.
bobthegiraffemonkey
Deku Scrub

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2015, 01:14:48 AM »

I've had the same problem, thought it was because I was practicing on emu but maybe not. I worked out a setup since Link's position seems to be consistent after picking up the sword: neutral roll twice, then 3 sidehops left (at least that's what my notes say, not practised recently). It's messed up that PAL needs a setup to not crash the game from something which should have no effect.
Jovis
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2015, 09:08:27 AM »

Set-up works, thank you!
Hyperion64
Deku Scrub

« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2015, 01:44:04 PM »

I usually hold right when I'm picking up the Master Sword in the Ganon fight, switch to up-right after passing Zelda and roll at full speed once to make it past.

Some updates:
half collapse skip - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GhSijCB9pE
pressure jump and megaflip in Lost Woods - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vw4d303slDk
enter GTG with ledge clip - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWVirB7SWg8

Apparently, the floating mechanics on PAL are different. You seem to have a higher upwards speed when swimming in water (I haven't tested diving or Iron Boots).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLZ-SfsGTzA
Any ideas why this occurs? I listed possible effects of that difference in the video description/comments.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: