ZSR Forums
May 15, 2024, 06:51:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8
  Print  
Author Topic: Any% segmented run (goal of sub-1 hour)  (Read 52173 times)
ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

fuck you and the horse you rode in on

562243965 marikthechao@hotmail.com ingx24
« Reply #75 on: February 05, 2010, 10:28:47 PM »

hm, well the only thing inaccurate i can see in your timing is that you took WAY too long to set up the rock clip. there's a strat to set it up that takes like 2 seconds that i discovered. you took about 10 seconds longer than i do to set up the rock clip.

so in that case, even if your calculations are correct (which i think they are actually), the bean route can still save around 10 seconds on console (maybe even more since the megaflip bridge skip is probably a bit faster than hookshot bridge skip). still not enough for you to have to restart your run, but i'm still going to keep going with my run on the bean route. who knows, maybe i'll finish before the end of 2010 Tongue

<complex> byan you're doing that thing again
<complex> the thing where everything you say is fucking retarded

<ethandude> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual cheak this out luxury it might come in helpful when u wright your resime
Runnerguy2489
Special Guay

I'm not your buddy, guay!

« Reply #76 on: February 05, 2010, 10:35:19 PM »

True, I was aware of this and decided to take my time with that trick, since I most likely would in a console run too, especially one of this length. Additionally, the clip through the rocks seemed a bit slow. There were a few spots where I savestated and it makes it a bit slower too.

Naturally in a segment of a length of 17:50, even 10 seconds of mistakes is not that much. If the "true" length is 17:40, then a 17:50 is great. You'd be hard pressed to not have 10 seconds of errors.

Good luck with your run if you do this. Maybe you'll get segment 4 before the end of 2010. I know I wouldn't, lol.

runnerguy your such a mother fucker. whats with all this bombchu shit? all everyone who likes this shit is stupid. ur a fucking cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur shit! videos.
ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #77 on: February 15, 2010, 03:44:10 PM »

Well, since this bean route appears to be no faster than the current any% route I'm just going to do MST segmented instead. I don't feel like doing that hellish segment anyway. ^_^

<ethandude> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual cheak this out luxury it might come in helpful when u wright your resime
RingRush
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #78 on: February 15, 2010, 07:29:56 PM »

Ing, can you test the MST segged route before you go along with it? I already know of a minor bomb-route mistake in it (forgetting to allocate bombs for ground jumps in SFM), but I want to hear if there is more before fixing it. My route is near the bottom of the MST segged topic.

Also keep in mind that you have to play on GC, since without bottle, the DC oob hover saves a significant ammount of time. If you don't play on GC, just tell me and I can fix up the route and use those bombs/chus elsewhere.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 07:32:44 PM by RingRush » Logged

ded
ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #79 on: February 15, 2010, 08:21:12 PM »

well i've played through the mst segged route before, and i didn't really see any problems. obviously i'll play on gc, but i'm not doing ess forest escape (it doesn't save all that much time anyway), and i'll probably have to take some time to get used to gc again before i start the run.

RingRush
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #80 on: February 15, 2010, 11:33:43 PM »

The main issue is bomb counts, the route should be solid itself. It is just way too easy to forget to allocate a bomb somewhere, and you don't want to be stuck needing 2 bombs in a place with no nearby drops.

Also, has anyone ever tested the megaflip into explosion trick for the DC hover? It may reduce one bomb there, which would save a few seconds.

ded
ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #81 on: February 16, 2010, 12:22:05 AM »

hm, idk, but let's continue this conversation in the mst seg'd topic as not to derail this one.

Elminster45
« Reply #82 on: February 16, 2010, 02:05:40 AM »

Aww, come on. I love watching topics get derailed.
ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #83 on: March 12, 2010, 02:03:27 AM »

Ok, well I recently came to the conclusion that the bean route is potentially ~10 seconds faster if we can luck-manipulate 2 bomb drops from the grass in segment 8 (therefore cancelling out the 3-bomb disadvantage). The question is if this is feasible.

In segment 7, we already have to luck-manipulate 2 bomb drops, and getting that right is such an unlikely event that RG only got it right twice in 4 hours of playing. Manipulating 2 bomb drops here from the same set of grass, then getting the magic quick text (which is a frame perfect trick), AND hitting that lag-filled superslide through the falling rocks doesn't seem feasible in any console run.

What do you guys think?

Zero
« Reply #84 on: March 12, 2010, 02:28:58 AM »

I got 3 bomb drops off the graveyard grass.

Get wrecked. BTW,

BEANS
aleckermit
Mega Guay

back in green

WWW Email
« Reply #85 on: March 12, 2010, 03:29:39 AM »

I got 3 bomb drops off the graveyard grass.

Get wrecked. BTW,

BEANS

I've had 5 drop before.

http://youtube.com/aleckermit

<@Swordless> Have you had this problem before? A game not starting until you cleaned it?
mysticremen11
Regular Guay

hyes!

« Reply #86 on: March 12, 2010, 04:00:00 AM »

I've had 5 drop before.

oh snap aleck burnt you zero

<@Cosmo> ive only drawn naked people recently
RBABot   [SEEN] elminster was last seen in #zelda 0secs ago saying ".seen elminster"
Zero
« Reply #87 on: March 12, 2010, 06:15:17 AM »

oh snap aleck burnt you zero
D:
ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #88 on: March 12, 2010, 11:56:25 AM »

I'm talking about the grass in LW, not the graveyard -.-

Pokey
Special Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #89 on: March 12, 2010, 02:19:02 PM »

I'm talking about the grass in LW, not the graveyard -.-

Why couldn't you get 5 bomb dropd from those 3 bushes? Step yo game up.

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8
  Print  

Jump to: