Individual Levels/ Individual Dungeons (IL)

(1/8) > >>

mzxrules:
Since everyone else is doing it for Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, we should set some rules up for running Twilight Princess.

Unofficial Rules

General rules:
- You cannot use the dungeon item until you open the chest where it was
- You cannot start the run inside of the dungeon (as in, restore from a save that puts you inside)
- timing starts upon gaining control of Link in the 1st room of the dungeon
- the dungeon cannot be tampered with beforehand
- timing ends upon the first dialogue with midna appears after the boss fight?
- No CD-Streaming (it would cause the game to hang for the most part anyway)
- No emulated runs (can anyone even emulate Twilight Princess right yet?)
- Low-visual quality runs are OK! camcorders are fine.
- runs will be in 1 segment, you cannot savewarp.
- no guay hovers.

Now, I feel that we shouldn't have 100% runs for 3 reasons...

First of all, I don't think there's a whole lot of interest to make a 100% dungeon run in the first place. Second, Twilight Princess's GCN and Wii versions are almost like two different games. Lastly, 100% dungeon runs are lame, except for MM because they have fairies to collect. =p

I do have one issue that needs discussion. Should have seperate categories for GCN and Wii runs, or should we rank them equally?

Lexkeeta:
gcn and wii should definately be separate

you should make it a rule that it must be your first time in the dungeon (no changing things around)
and iirc arbiters grounds doesn't have a warp

im personally not going to do any because my wii is on my shit tv and i don't have gc version

mzxrules:
That's right... I completely forgot about Arbiture's Grounds... Should we have timing end after either the first midna dialogue, or when the save screen appears instead?

TSDA:
Lol I can emulate TP on dolphin  :P
And I think they should be in seperate categories.

Chimpas:
Quote from: mzxrules on September 27, 2009, 06:10:36 PM

I do have one issue that needs discussion. Should have seperate categories for GCN and Wii runs, or should we rank them equally?

Different of course, I wouldn't like to do a 12 minutes LBT and another guy beat me with 10 just beacause I can't do a long jump
Different Version->Different Category
Quote from: mzxrules

Now, I feel that we shouldn't have 100% runs for 3 reasons...
I would really like to do a 100%, many 100% actually, maybe I'll put of every dungeon (except for POT maybe), definately I'll put every in any%, but I would like 100% also be admited

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page