Wondering where to start

(1/5) > >>

risingCale:
I finally got my own gamecube copy of Twilight Princess, as opposed to borrowing from a friend, and was wondering where to start. I learned BiT yesterday while watching Venick stream, and had been trying to learn Sword and Shield skip while watching ChaosLink. I had actually gotten into TP a long time ago when Pheenoh did 100% runs all the time. I'm just curious as to what would be the best route to start with is.

whyieyesya:
I think any% no s+q would be the best for a beginner.

Friend of mine learned that category recently by watching Jiano's run on SDA and some streamers on Twitch. I have no idea how outdated Jiano's run on SDA is, but the tricks used in the run didn't seem too bad. Also, you wouldn't really want to learn a game and immediately use all the newest, fastest and hardest strats.

risingCale:
Well I can get BiT. Sword and Shield Skip is giving me issues. Mostly the LJA. Other than that, the rest of it seems pretty okay. I got up to Forest Temple. But didn't know where to go after that. XD But I'll grab Jiano's run from SDA since it seems as good a place to start as any.

Thanks. :)

flameringer0629:
Yeah, it used to give me a lot of trouble too.You should watch this it really helps :P :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZ4S7fwZlYg

risingCale:
I actually used Dolphin to practice Sword and Shield skip because Save States allow me to start right as the Bulblin is passing the bridge. I've been trying to use Mofat's setup, but it just doesn't work for me. I might try to TAS it to help me see exact frames. Been trying to watch more runs to see how speedrunners do it, but I'll probably watch one of Pheenoh's old runs of Jiano's SDA run and use those strats to practice and then come back to Shield and Sword skip.

I do like this more than Majora's Mask, even though MM is easier for me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page