ZSR Forums
May 14, 2024, 07:06:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bits of Speedrunnning history.  (Read 5249 times)
512: loadMemberContext(): member id 1 not previously loaded by loadMemberData()
File: /var/www/html/smf1.1/Sources/Load.php
Line: 969
thundrio
Special Guay

Email
« on: September 02, 2010, 01:52:46 AM »

i am thinking of writing a article about the history of glitchfinding in zelda 64, and how the metagame has progressed. i might seperate it into a section on each year since the first run was started/published (i will write 4-6 hundred words on each section depending on how much happened). ill put the major things found each year, progress on runs, and anything that effected the speedrunning community during that year. (of course, i might lose interest in this project and never do it, but maybe sometime this year i will get a writing assignment that is perfect for this type of thing)

what i would like to know is where i can find archives of all the old topics for zelda research. i know the one at sda thats 500 pages dates back to 05/06 and it probably covers every current/outdated glitch, but i would like to know if there is another topic there or on another site that dates further back, and is buried deep in sda (i cant check since the forums seem to be down). also does anybody remember years ago on gamefaqs, the oot research headquarters? they had 5-7 topics that reached 500 replies and discussed lots of things about the game, such as if its possible to beat the running man. they ended up archiving the topics on a site, but i cant remember which one or if its even still up. so if anybody knew where i could find archives of those topics id be greatful (i know they are not pertinent to speedrunning, but it doesnt feel complete without mentioning them. also if i am going to cover everything i should probably talk about the scandals over if the triforce is in the game, and while i can probably google some stuff about it, if anybody had links to original sources that woud be great.

thanks a lot if you can help, i love reading about the history of oot that happened after the game came out, and i feel i could condense all this information into a nice neat and interesting article.

EDIT: i am almost done compiling a list of all the links that i will use to look for information (links are forum posts, articles, archives, etc.), and then i will read through it and start taking notes. i will separate everything into years because it is easier to compile and write that way.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 03:13:28 PM by thundrio » Logged

[19:30] <13@jiano> i love programmin
[19:30] <13@jiano> if thing == otherthing: do thingything !!!!!!!!