ZSR Forums
May 14, 2024, 08:40:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Super Smash Bros Demo  (Read 6468 times)
pikmin
Deku Scrub

Email
« on: August 31, 2010, 12:08:00 AM »

Hello!  I'm new to the forum and though I'd like to start with a request to see what awesome stuff the community can come up with!  I'd like to request a speed run of the brawl demo version of ocarina!  Tas would be preffered.  Also, a japanese version of brawl would speed up the cutscene text.  I have seen a speed run of it on youtube, but it was kinda slow and non-tas and I think you guys can beat it.  Also the second savefile of the demo is an adult one, with bombs, making superslides possible.  Maybe you could even get to ganon's castle if you hit the bombchu shop.  Anyway, I look forward to what you guys can do.  I, myself, am struggling with the escape the forest glitch, so help with that would be awesome.  Thanks again!
Anavrin
Regular Guay

And then will there be none?

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 12:10:54 AM »

What is this I don't even...

Sonicpacker : I'm going to import SilentSlayers' crotch into Toad's Tool
SilentSlayers : I don't think there's enough memory...
aleckermit
Mega Guay

back in green

WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 12:27:23 AM »

Hello!  I'm new to the forum and though I'd like to start with a request to see what awesome stuff the community can come up with!  I'd like to request a speed run of the brawl demo version of ocarina!  Tas would be preffered.  Also, a japanese version of brawl would speed up the cutscene text.  I have seen a speed run of it on youtube, but it was kinda slow and non-tas and I think you guys can beat it.  Also the second savefile of the demo is an adult one, with bombs, making superslides possible.  Maybe you could even get to ganon's castle if you hit the bombchu shop.  Anyway, I look forward to what you guys can do.  I, myself, am struggling with the escape the forest glitch, so help with that would be awesome.  Thanks again!

The Brawl OoT demo is only 5 minutes long, no way to finish the game. You can however get the hover boots/go adult in that amount of time. The demo is useless for a full speedrun, but fun for a timed challenge. SSMBHRC did a speedrun to adult using the demo but his forest escape is the outdated deku nut hover method (which I'm pretty sure is slower than Pokey Escape unless you are like TAS fast).

So in short: You can't beat beat the game in the Brawl demo.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 12:28:55 AM by aleckermit » Logged

http://youtube.com/aleckermit

<@Swordless> Have you had this problem before? A game not starting until you cleaned it?
darkeye14
Regular Guay

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2010, 12:40:22 AM »

How are we supposed to TAS the Brawl demo? We could load the ISO into Dolphin, but that doesn't have rerecording functionality yet (and, besides, we would have to emulate an emulator to play OoT). You might be able to extract the OoT ROM file from the Brawl disc, but it's unlikely that's it modified in any way from the version of OoT already available from the Wii. Besides, ZSR isn't especially known for its TAS'ers (though Grunz and Swordless do come around here), so I doubt anyone would want to TAS the demo, even if it could be done.

[18:38] <Sigless> darkeye is cute too

[18:45] <aleckermit> We get a free pack of cheetos with every vote too Smiley
[18:46] <bluemarth> in the uk we keep our foreskin
pikmin
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2010, 12:48:05 AM »

The Brawl OoT demo is only 5 minutes long, no way to finish the game. You can however get the hover boots/go adult in that amount of time. The demo is useless for a full speedrun, but fun for a timed challenge. SSMBHRC did a speedrun to adult using the demo but his forest escape is the outdated deku nut hover method (which I'm pretty sure is slower than Pokey Escape unless you are like TAS fast).

So in short: You can't beat beat the game in the Brawl demo.
yeah, while you can't beat it, I think it would make an awesome challenge to see how far into/close you could make it to the temples/ ganon.  I don't really know much about emulation and tasing but I've seen tons of videos.  With that new escape the forest method, maybe you could actually make it to adult as a child.  Although I dought it.  Anyway, I'm off to practice that new escape the forest glitch.
RingRush
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2010, 04:39:41 AM »

What you cannot do in the brawl OoT demo:
1) Go adult. The Master Sword cutscene is longer than the 5 minute demo. You can start the cutscene with forest escape and DoT skip, but you'll never get fully through it. [Child start]
2) Defeat Ganondorf/beat the game. You lack a bottle to BA and the Light Arrow cutscene is longer than the 5 minute demo. It isn't even close for many, many other reasons, but the light arrow limitation alone seals the deal for certain. [Adult start]

What you may be able to do in the brawl OoT demo:
1) Get to Ganondorf. You start with bombs, so you can hover into the castle then do staircase trial skip. You can't beat him, but getting to him would be pretty cool.
2) Get Hover Boots. I think this one has been done already, just use Shadow early.
3) Get to Phantom Ganon. This is a pretty big maybe, you'ld obviously have to FT BK skip and Minuet CS skip. But it might just be doable. I highly doubt you could beat him in time though.
4) Get to Morpha. Again, this isn't confirmed for sure, but it seems feasible, maybe, possibly. Again, I don't think you have enough time to beat Morpha, this would be just barely possible if possible at all.
5) What would be pretty interesting is a max% OoT demo, where any item you've previously gotten is recorded. It would take like 20 or 30 plays, from both child and adult, but you could probably get a fair ammount of unique items, GS tokens, and heart pieces.

It would be good for someone to record what you start with in child / adult files, as I am going off of memory.

ded
pikmin
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2010, 12:15:55 AM »

what do you think would be a good easy first goal for a nocive like me?

on another note I just realized that my majora's mask keeps crashing because I erased the pictograph for a bottle.  I'm serious, everytime I catch the last boy the game crashes.  It's so interesting.  Also, the mummy will not take pictograph hot spring water.  In getting the water, I think I deleted the bombers.  I wonder if the lottery will work.
thats right.  I got the three frame timing and I'm very proud.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 12:25:44 AM by pikmin » Logged
Enterim
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2010, 02:49:26 AM »

I just mash start and get it maybe 60% of the time.
Jiano
Special Guay

Sun+Jiano
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2010, 05:53:49 AM »

on another note I just realized that my majora's mask keeps crashing because I erased the pictograph for a bottle.  I'm serious, everytime I catch the last boy the game crashes.  It's so interesting.  Also, the mummy will not take pictograph hot spring water.  In getting the water, I think I deleted the bombers.  I wonder if the lottery will work.
thats right.  I got the three frame timing and I'm very proud.

Putting hot spring water in a pictobox bottle is a really bad idea. It can cause crashes just from loading new areas. It changes the bomber code to a bunch of random characters.
pikmin
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2010, 08:55:20 PM »

dooodooodooo...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: