ZSR Forums
May 06, 2024, 12:12:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19
  Print  
Author Topic: General Trick Discussion  (Read 211588 times)
Pheenoh
Special Guay

Locked in cafde's basement

Email
« Reply #165 on: April 27, 2012, 04:23:45 AM »

I added some more damage values i'm interested in on the tasvideos thread. Also, what are you using to view the memory in dolphin? Are you using MHS and just converting the big endian/little endian values?

<yashichidsf> tompa should default be a mod on everything related to srl
<yashichidsf> while i'm not a big fan of modding bots, i think tompa is really well programmed
ahou
Regular Guay

« Reply #166 on: April 27, 2012, 05:34:23 AM »

I added some more damage values i'm interested in on the tasvideos thread. Also, what are you using to view the memory in dolphin? Are you using MHS and just converting the big endian/little endian values?
Cheat engine. MHS is a lot nicer to deal with normally, but lack of big endian support makes it almost useless.
Pheenoh
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #167 on: April 27, 2012, 09:55:52 AM »

Cheat engine. MHS is a lot nicer to deal with normally, but lack of big endian support makes it almost useless.
Okay, thanks. I'll give it a whirl.

<yashichidsf> while i'm not a big fan of modding bots, i think tompa is really well programmed
stonenot
Regular Guay

« Reply #168 on: April 29, 2012, 01:38:07 AM »

And while i'm at it, anyone have any ideas for other stuff that should be tested?

try to see why lanaryu gate clip/gate clips in general are luck based and try to see if you can manipulate goat rng

<poptart1234> i cant convert a .fm2 to .zip
Pheenoh
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #169 on: April 29, 2012, 01:57:19 AM »

try to see why lanaryu gate clip/gate clips in general are luck based and try to see if you can manipulate goat rng
Gate clips aren't luck based, just affected by so many factors that they seem luck based in real time. I've tested this with savestates. Rog did some testing with goats, you can read his results on the TAS thread.

EDIT: Okay, I went back and double checked the gate clip thing and it seems to change every few frames. So my original assumption was wrong because i only tested a few frames, bleh.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 02:37:41 AM by Pheenoh » Logged

ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

fuck you and the horse you rode in on

562243965 marikthechao@hotmail.com ingx24
« Reply #170 on: April 29, 2012, 02:53:49 AM »

Yeah, gates in TP have an RNG in them that determines which direction they'll swing when you roll into them. It has nothing to do with how you roll into them; you can roll into a gate and have it swing TOWARD you, as ridiculous as that is.

<complex> byan you're doing that thing again
<complex> the thing where everything you say is fucking retarded

<ethandude> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual cheak this out luxury it might come in helpful when u wright your resime
ahou
Regular Guay

« Reply #171 on: April 29, 2012, 03:48:47 AM »

Rog did some testing with goats, you can read his results on the TAS thread.
I actually didn't test how luck affected them at all. I didn't even realize it did. After testing it some, i still don't see any affect from luck. I just started a brand new game, played through to goats, and they started in exactly the same position, facing exactly the same direction as when i tased it. Running around beforehand, and even attacking the goats makes no difference.

I can try seeing if my goat herding from before will sync if i hex it in to be 100% sure, but it does not appear to be random at all.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 03:53:01 AM by ahou » Logged
ahou
Regular Guay

« Reply #172 on: April 29, 2012, 08:16:15 PM »

Just hexed in the goat herding, and it synced. It's definitely not affected by luck at all.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 08:20:08 PM by ahou » Logged
ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

fuck you and the horse you rode in on

562243965 marikthechao@hotmail.com ingx24
« Reply #173 on: April 29, 2012, 09:36:58 PM »

So I guess goats are just so precise and affected by so many factors that they seem luck based then.

<complex> byan you're doing that thing again
<complex> the thing where everything you say is fucking retarded

<ethandude> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual cheak this out luxury it might come in helpful when u wright your resime
ahou
Regular Guay

« Reply #174 on: April 29, 2012, 09:45:39 PM »

Indeed. Moving the joystick even slightly off, or pressing A a frame early/late can completely change their paths.
Paraxade
Special Guay

paraxade@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #175 on: May 01, 2012, 05:33:04 AM »

geez <_< I could've sworn they started off facing different directions each time, but I just compared a few runs and you appear to be right. Not sure how I never realized that.
ahou
Regular Guay

« Reply #176 on: May 05, 2012, 05:47:46 AM »

Unless i'm retarded, damage and speed values should all be complete now.

Iron boots totally do more damage than ordon sword jump slash.
JRD05
« Reply #177 on: May 05, 2012, 05:04:11 PM »

Out of curiosity, do we have a value for Epona sliding? I didn't see one in that TASVideos link, but maybe I just missed it.

Also, is there a speed difference when you have both inactive magic armor and iron boots equipped?
ahou
Regular Guay

« Reply #178 on: May 05, 2012, 06:37:31 PM »

Epona slide is still 73 speed.

Also, is there a speed difference when you have both inactive magic armor and iron boots equipped?
Magic armor with no rupees gives you exactly the same speed as iron boots, even if you're also wearing iron boots.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 06:58:26 PM by ahou » Logged
Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #179 on: May 08, 2012, 04:08:54 AM »

Has anyone tried clipping with Eponaslide? You probably have, but I'm just wondering.

11:17 <Cosmo>: It's hard to tell what ASAP means with todays sequence breaks
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19
  Print  

Jump to: