ZSR Forums
May 16, 2024, 08:37:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Glitchless Speedruns  (Read 3974 times)
MattyJ613
Deku Scrub

« on: May 08, 2013, 01:33:19 AM »

Over the past few months glitchless speedrunning has gotten to be more popular. I never used to see these runs and I thought I was the only one who did it other than a few other western players and the Japanese community. But after Maxx performed his glitchess run a few weeks ago, there's been quite an increase in the amount of people playing glitchless. I was wondering if glitchless would ever be considered for having its own category on ZSR someday. More people are looking into it and I don't really see many problems with it other than the entire "what defines a glitch" problem. But seeing how the category has its own set of rules already, it's not like anyone would need to create any or define what can or can't be allowed. I don't know, I'm just sort of thinking aloud here. Thoughts?

[9:40:38 PM] Goodybag: i'm gay
[9:41:04 PM] Matty: congrats on coming out
[9:41:07 PM] Matty: how do you feel
[9:41:20 PM] Goodybag: pretty gay
Bonooru
Regular Guay

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 10:24:26 PM »

If it is just defined as natural route for the game then I dont see why it would be an issue. I dont see that as being fundamentally different from any other set of restrictions that have been placed on gameplay
gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2013, 02:20:21 AM »

http://pastebin.com/eRSUiTpr The rules.

It isnt quite natural route, since you can skip things like lens of truth. You can skip slingshot and hoverboots as well.
You can do some skips that require no glitching, like the precise jump b1 skip in deku, or rolling to the door in jabu from the switch.
Theres also lots and lots and lots of smaller timesavers everywhere that are allowed.

The issue with rule definition is that not everyone will agree on what is a glitch. A perfect example of this is using bombs to damage Volvagia while she is flying around, which is allowed, but many people consider it to be a glitch. Its important to note that these rules are set by a mostly japanese community that actually call the category "glitch restricted" and not "glitchless"

when i grow up, i wanna be just like taylortotftw
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: