ZSR Forums
May 20, 2024, 01:24:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 40
  Print  
Author Topic: MM: Trick Research & Discovery Thread  (Read 443816 times)
GlitchesAndStuff
Site Editor
Special Guay

Feel free to ask me anything

« Reply #390 on: June 23, 2012, 10:31:30 AM »

I guess since this is a trick discovery, it should be mentioned here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iiwa58Cwb_0
DekuScrub
Regular Guay

« Reply #391 on: June 23, 2012, 08:06:20 PM »

Based on the Curiosity Shop stuff you found with SoT storage, what would happen if you did the same at the Magic Hag's Potion Shop when retrieving the red potion to deliver? I'd like to help discover something interesting in Majora's Mas, as apparently the door softlock was already known...

Basically this:
Start the sidequest for helping Koume in the swamp
At the bottom of the floating flatform with Kotake's shop on it, get ISG from the sign.
Climb up the ladder
Hover OoB and store SoT
Right before getting the potion, Select yes to SoT dialouge
Huh

SOLD OUT
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #392 on: June 23, 2012, 08:43:05 PM »

New "wrong warp" discovered by tatakiwaru here. Is this even possible on U?

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
DekuScrub
Regular Guay

« Reply #393 on: June 23, 2012, 09:14:29 PM »

That was extremely confusing. I'm wondering what the hell just happened.

SOLD OUT
GlitchesAndStuff
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #394 on: June 23, 2012, 11:21:11 PM »

New "wrong warp" discovered by tatakiwaru here. Is this even possible on U?
That's kinda cool, so it resets your entrance to the area? Also, I tried it on U and it isn't working...

Edit: yeah Japanese only but this trick is really interesting, the only thing that can interrupt the warp to the telescope it seems is the OoB... and that gives you the wrong warp
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 02:09:11 PM by GlitchesAndStuff » Logged
Jeville
Special Guay

"special"

« Reply #395 on: June 25, 2012, 07:56:19 PM »

I'm interested in this video. Dunno where the timer is from, and if that's the result of a wrong warp, then maybe testing it in different areas yield different results.
Razor7581
Site Editor
Special Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #396 on: June 25, 2012, 08:50:56 PM »

I'm interested in this video. Dunno where the timer is from, and if that's the result of a wrong warp, then maybe testing it in different areas yield different results.
Isn't that the goron race?

Rescue Tetra before FF1: is new to me. Did you just find this out?
GlitchesAndStuff
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #397 on: June 25, 2012, 09:02:13 PM »

It is the goron race. that's also a really interesting video...

An interesting language difference I found today:
I was testing out using SoT storage in the opening cutscene and found that in the languages English, French and Spanish, the stored text box comes up after the first box of text in the intro, just like in the USA version.  However, in German, it appears that the first line and the second line of text are just one flowing dialogue box because the stored text appears after the 2nd line of text rather than the first.

Despite me seeming to have lots of time after hitting yes to saving, I've not been able to advance the game to clock town early with this on any version. One version remains to be tested though which I cannot test myself, the GC Japanese version...
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 09:20:25 PM by GlitchesAndStuff » Logged
playe
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #398 on: June 25, 2012, 09:56:23 PM »

An interesting language difference I found today:
I was testing out using SoT storage in the opening cutscene and found that in the languages English, French and Spanish, the stored text box comes up after the first box of text in the intro, just like in the USA version.  However, in German, it appears that the first line and the second line of text are just one flowing dialogue box because the stored text appears after the 2nd line of text rather than the first.

Despite me seeming to have lots of time after hitting yes to saving, I've not been able to advance the game to clock town early with this on any version. One version remains to be tested though which I cannot test myself, the GC Japanese version...
I'll go ahead and test this for you by getting a ROM and testing it on emulator. I'll edit this post with any results I end up with.
EDIT: Nope, nothing happens on GCN JPN either and the SoT text box appears the same time it does in English, French and Spanish.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 11:03:12 PM by playe » Logged
qwerty1605
Regular Guay

Fuck you

« Reply #399 on: June 25, 2012, 10:42:12 PM »

so... umm... I did SoS storage in the bay gossips grotto and the menu almost came up and when I respawned I was back where I entered termina field in front of SCT. It was something similar to the JP one but there was no apparent storage. What I was intending to do was store SoS and use the gossip stones to stop time and activate the SoS menu to see what would happen
EDIT: nevermind that grottos always spawn you there ;-;
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 10:58:12 PM by qwerty1605 » Logged

I'm gay
Jeville
Special Guay

"special"

« Reply #400 on: June 26, 2012, 01:08:49 PM »

I forgot that it has a timer. Tongue Can somebody test this using SoS to exit to different areas with? It does mean using cheats to enable c-buttons in the race...
Jeville
Special Guay

"special"

« Reply #401 on: June 26, 2012, 06:33:14 PM »

Romani's archery in 0 seconds, exceeding 9999 points in the Swamp Archery, they are here.
GlitchesAndStuff
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #402 on: June 27, 2012, 06:23:02 AM »

I forgot that it has a timer. Tongue Can somebody test this using SoS to exit to different areas with? It does mean using cheats to enable c-buttons in the race...
1. Leaving the area in any way will result in the timer disappearing.
2. The timer finishes when the first goron crosses the line, so if we even could get the timer somewhere else it would either crash due to no goron or just never end. neither of these would be particularly useful.
bluephantom340
Special Guay

« Reply #403 on: June 29, 2012, 03:18:15 AM »

Old seamwalk outisde of lot cave that ZAR found: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=me22-YAJ5kI
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 06:29:45 PM by bluephantom340 » Logged

[13:57] <Kaztalek> Give me a week and I guarentee I will be a top 10 MM player.
[18:34:23] <ingx24> i suck at mm
http://www.youtube.com/user/ayumuhd
DekuScrub
Regular Guay

« Reply #404 on: June 29, 2012, 05:21:30 AM »

How exactly is that a 1st cycle skip?

SOLD OUT
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 40
  Print  

Jump to: