ZSR Forums
May 15, 2024, 09:55:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT remake for 3DS  (Read 241851 times)
aleckermit
Mega Guay

back in green

WWW Email
« Reply #225 on: May 19, 2011, 07:55:43 PM »

What is this item? Must be the Stone of Agony's replacement. The 3DS doesn't have rumble after all. Looks like a torch or a tuning fork to me.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 08:04:53 PM by aleckermit » Logged

http://youtube.com/aleckermit

<@Swordless> Have you had this problem before? A game not starting until you cleaned it?
thundrio
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #226 on: May 19, 2011, 11:06:22 PM »

its called the shard of agony, i cant be bothered to link information on it, its just the replacement for the stone and shakes the screen i think.

[19:30] <13@jiano> i love programmin
[19:30] <13@jiano> if thing == otherthing: do thingything !!!!!!!!
Greenalink
Special Guay

DS Dictator

« Reply #227 on: May 19, 2011, 11:25:33 PM »

its called the shard of agony, i cant be bothered to link information on it, its just the replacement for the stone and shakes the screen i think

Done it for you Wink

http://www.zelda.in/2011/05/ocarina-of-time-3d-introduces-the-shard-of-agony/

It's weird that it was originally a stone but now it's a (crystal) shard.

New DS PHAT Capture Device on its way (Sep 2011)!!!
More info:
http://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/3ds_capture_device_214.html

Yes I am a speed runner focused on DS games
Notable runs:
Phantom Hourglass
SM64 DS
New Super Mario Bros (DS).
thundrio
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #228 on: May 21, 2011, 12:35:09 AM »

igns got some new videos, not much, but the light bridge looks really sweet. barinade probably looks the coolest in terms of graphical upgrades (to me at least)

http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/05/20/the-legend-of-zelda-ocarina-of-time-3d-the-fall-of-hyrule
http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/05/20/the-legend-of-zelda-ocarina-of-time-3d-bosses-gallery-one
http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/05/20/the-legend-of-zelda-ocarina-of-time-3d-bosses-gallery-two

willtendo64
Deku Scrub

will641@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #229 on: May 27, 2011, 10:41:39 AM »

yo guys so the new trailer came out i think today or yesterday... whatever, its lookin sexy as always BUT!!!!!!!
BUT!!!
WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SCENE? HONESTLY WHAT THE FUCK?
go to 1:30 of
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0CZDt8-LXg&feature=player_embedded#at=85

from what i can see and hear its some dark thing flying at link and sheik (who is dead/unconcious/drugged on roofies/ something else/ behind Link... the weirdest thing is tho, its in Kakriko Village... WHAT? THE? FUCK?
(horrible quality image provided for your entertainment Cheesy
GO-GO-GO find out wtf this is NOW!

Teacher: So the RBA or the Royal Bank of Australia
Me: hehehe RBA (no1 in the class gets it)
Runnerguy2489
Special Guay

I'm not your buddy, guay!

« Reply #230 on: May 27, 2011, 12:27:21 PM »

I'm not sure if you are serious but in case you are: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE7LS4lfrDY

runnerguy your such a mother fucker. whats with all this bombchu shit? all everyone who likes this shit is stupid. ur a fucking cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur shit! videos.
Slowking
Regular Guay

« Reply #231 on: May 27, 2011, 03:46:24 PM »

Well I guess nobody has gotten the noctrune in like forever. So it's reasonable not to remember this scene.
I remembered it, but I played OoT a lot as a kid...

14:10 MrGrunz: keep your ass close to him
14:10   MrGrunz: and nothing can go wrong
ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #232 on: May 27, 2011, 05:34:19 PM »

http://www.gametrailers.com/users/MikeGT/gamepad/

Written by TSA.  From the last paragraph:  "There's one last thing I want to touch on before wrapping this up. For you speedrunners out there, I have some bad news. I'e been going down the list of all the major tricks, glitches, and sequence breaks from the N64 version, and the results aren't good. The Door of Time skip, Infinite Sword Glitch, Bottle Adventure, Steal the Rod, and many others popular tricks have all been patched up. Nintendo even went so far as to nerf some of the very basics--the power crouch stab no longer works, and Deku Sticks deal less damage than your sword attacks. At least running backwards and the megaflip still work (for now), but it's honestly back to the drawing board for the speedrunning community."

I'm not really sure if I should believe this or not.  I'm not sure if TSA has actually tried a lot of the glitches on N64 so he might just be doing it wrong.  Maybe we can get him to come here and give us some more details.

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
Greenalink
Special Guay

DS Dictator

« Reply #233 on: May 27, 2011, 07:50:23 PM »

He is also like one of the few people with early hands on that actually knows the speed tricks. So it's basically one guy trying it out as opposed to 15+ on here. Gauntlet Boss rush mode sounds interesting and probably has too many troll factors to get a perfect run on that mode, that new mode is a worthy addition to the site.

New DS PHAT Capture Device on its way (Sep 2011)!!!
More info:
http://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/3ds_capture_device_214.html

Yes I am a speed runner focused on DS games
Notable runs:
Phantom Hourglass
SM64 DS
New Super Mario Bros (DS).
Mitjitsu
Regular Guay

Yum

« Reply #234 on: May 27, 2011, 08:34:36 PM »

http://www.gametrailers.com/users/MikeGT/gamepad/

I'm not sure if TSA has actually tried a lot of the glitches on N64 so he might just be doing it wrong.

I doubt it, most of the glitches are very easy to test. After all he verified that superflip was stlll there. Aside, it wouldn't shock me at all if the developers have been browsing ZSR over the last 4-5 months to try and erradicate a lot of the semi-useful tricks/glitches.  

« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 08:36:51 PM by Mitjitsu » Logged

Things that aren't hovering go in the other topic.
thundrio
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #235 on: May 27, 2011, 08:55:35 PM »

its perfectly possible, as i have been saying for months, if the developers had the intent to fix glitches, they easily can. plus, being the internet pessimist i am (and knowing that tsa was recently "burned" and "thrown out" by the speedrunning community), i am inclined to not believe this until i have the game in my hands (which is in 3ish weeks!!).

and some tricks, such as dot skip are very difficult to pull off for the first time, and if you dont do it often, can still be hard. even if he did try it (and i swear i still saw a small gap on the skip side of DoT), because the hud is different, the reference point would have changed (and there might not even be a good one), so he could have been doing it wrong.

and on the topic of deku sticks, it seems strange to me that they were intended to do less damage than the kokiri sword. to me, it has always appeared that they were supposed to do more damage since they were limited and took up a c item spot (thoughts?)

on the bright side, even if tricks fail, we still have fast text for everything (i think), which will make it more enjoyable.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 09:04:43 PM by thundrio » Logged

Slowking
Regular Guay

« Reply #236 on: May 27, 2011, 09:15:14 PM »

and on the topic of deku sticks, it seems strange to me that they were intended to do less damage than the kokiri sword. to me, it has always appeared that they were supposed to do more damage since they were limited and took up a c item spot (thoughts?)
Yeah they were. To me it always compared the following: hitting somebody over the head with a heavy baseball bat, with all your might vs. trying to stick you with a little dagger.
Both pretty painfull, but it stand to reason the bat would do more damage. I really don't think they changed it. Which leads me to believe that TSA is full of crap...

14:10 MrGrunz: keep your ass close to him
14:10   MrGrunz: and nothing can go wrong
UchihaSasuke
Special Guay

move over Chidori, time to spam infinite Susano'o

« Reply #237 on: May 27, 2011, 09:36:55 PM »

well, at least most of us will try the natural route after so many years before trying tricks Tongue

"Patience is useful in any moment"

Youtube Account 1
Youtube Account 2
Mike
Regular Guay

« Reply #238 on: May 28, 2011, 08:17:00 PM »

I'm not really sure if I should believe this or not.  I'm not sure if TSA has actually tried a lot of the glitches on N64 so he might just be doing it wrong.  Maybe we can get him to come here and give us some more details.

The only big glitch I concede I have not had much experience with using often is Superslide off a bomb/enemy without Nayru's Love. When I tested it in OoT 3D, Link would basically react like he got hit by 2 blasts; knocked back by the initial blast, and then knocked back the same distance once again. However, here's the problem: When the GRAB icon appears now, no matter what state you are in (Z target + Shield with sword drawn, especially), Link will pick up the item and not get stuck. If he can't pick it up, he does the struggling animation, and then returns to the default animation. That's why many of the tricks using that are now nerfed.

Door of Time - I know you said you saw a GAP, but I clipped the camera through the wall to the left of the DoT with a good angle, and the physical door extends BEYOND the "gap" you say you see. The purposely extended the door into the Out of Bounds zone to cover the gap everyone was clipping through.  Plus, many of the walls that you could get through via acute angles are fixed up now, like one of the old ways to skip Boss Key in Forest Temple (via that jump slash in the corner).

Early Shadow - Though the game still loads stuff so theoretically its possible to access areas where something isn't quite loaded yet, in this case, the ENTRANCE to the temple is completely gone in the non-loaded state. I had the camera clip the wall along the stairs down to the entrance area, and when that area isn't full loaded, it's just a void now, no missing door and entrance at all. 

ISG - I spent an hour trying this on different things. Seriously, I can pull this off 99/100 times on N64 and it's one of the easiest glitches that anyone can do. Unless there's a new method to activating it, the old way is nerfed.

Megaflip - Tried it outside of Link's house. He cleared the gap and landed behind Saria's house, just like in the video you guys had on the tricks page. Standard backflip fell down into the area where Saria says hello to you.

Cucco Jump - Could still work, I concede I didn't give it much attention because...

Early Desert - Nerfed.  They put up a high wall around the top of the platform at the gate. You can't clip through it nor side hop/backflip over it.

Deku Sticks - Seriously, I know how they work. Gohma - Three jump attacks with Deku Sticks should = death. Nope. It's 6 Jump Attacks with Sword, 12 Jump Attacks with Deku Sticks to slay Gohma now.

This is all off a review build. Final retail should be in this coming week, so I'll re-verify everything again (who knows, they might have nerfed what little still worked). We got our capture device, so I will try to get a video up showing some of the proof. However, I know you guys will want to try it out for yourselves before buying all of this, but I still wanted to share this stuff, especially after seeing that one vid that apparently had ISG activated.
Runnerguy2489
Special Guay

I'm not your buddy, guay!

« Reply #239 on: May 28, 2011, 08:38:40 PM »

Early Shadow - Though the game still loads stuff so theoretically its possible to access areas where something isn't quite loaded yet, in this case, the ENTRANCE to the temple is completely gone in the non-loaded state. I had the camera clip the wall along the stairs down to the entrance area, and when that area isn't full loaded, it's just a void now, no missing door and entrance at all. 
How did you get here? The chu boost? If so, this would still work all you'd need is Din's Fire to actually load that lower part.

runnerguy your such a mother fucker. whats with all this bombchu shit? all everyone who likes this shit is stupid. ur a fucking cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur shit! videos.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19
  Print  

Jump to: