ZSR Forums
May 15, 2024, 10:57:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT remake for 3DS  (Read 241869 times)
thundrio
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #180 on: April 13, 2011, 08:36:00 PM »

nice scans cosmo. i assume not but is there a translation available? it looks like music wont be a weird gimmick (blowing into the mic) which is good, and they are changing the cameras point of view on some cutscenes at least which could be a little refreshing (if you look at the picture of navi talking to link on his bed its at a angle to the right of where it normally is.)

also, if this is famitsu like i assume it is, hopefully that means embargo is dropping, and new information will be cropping up fast (and at the most we have about 9 weeks to release).

According to the Australian rating boards, OoT 3D is developed by Grezzo Co. (Line Attack Heroes):
this can explain why ISG works because it means the original team is not directly involved and these guys won't have the same knowledge of the game's engine as the original devs. there's also a higher chance they don't know about glitches associated with the game.
this seems like good news for speedrunners looking forward to the 3DS version.

a few things, first even if nintendo was developing it the original developers would not all be on the team (its been 16 or so years) if any, although im sure people from nintendo at least are overlooking all progress. also i dont see how there is a higher chance they wouldnt know about glitches because if they wanted to find out about glitches all it would take is 1 google search to find them. the reason isg works is likely because either they dont care enough to f ix them (maybe they are being kind to us), or because the 6 MONTH OLD demo wasnt at the stage where they polish/iron out bugs.

also since it hasnt been posted, pretty boxart!

« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 08:49:58 PM by thundrio » Logged

[19:30] <13@jiano> i love programmin
[19:30] <13@jiano> if thing == otherthing: do thingything !!!!!!!!
UchihaSasuke
Special Guay

move over Chidori, time to spam infinite Susano'o

« Reply #181 on: April 13, 2011, 10:31:26 PM »

even if it isn't the same people who made the original, if teh team was inside nintendo, there would be a higher chance of them having a more detailed document about the game's inner working.
it doesn't really matter because the glitches that will count are those in the final version.

"Patience is useful in any moment"

Youtube Account 1
Youtube Account 2
thundrio
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #182 on: April 14, 2011, 03:21:47 AM »

some high res pics of the screenshots from the scans (only some of them, and some of these pics are not in the scans.
source:http://www.zelda.in/2011/04/new-ocarina-of-time-3d-screenshots-2/

UchihaSasuke
Special Guay

move over Chidori, time to spam infinite Susano'o

« Reply #183 on: April 14, 2011, 04:33:35 AM »

ganondorf's horse got a better upgrade than impa.

"Patience is useful in any moment"

Youtube Account 1
Youtube Account 2
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #184 on: April 14, 2011, 05:42:24 AM »

What's up with that yellow glow on the left? I wonder...

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Greenalink
Special Guay

DS Dictator

« Reply #185 on: April 14, 2011, 12:50:33 PM »

A charged up spin attack after getting a magic meter perhaps?

New DS PHAT Capture Device on its way (Sep 2011)!!!
More info:
http://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/3ds_capture_device_214.html

Yes I am a speed runner focused on DS games
Notable runs:
Phantom Hourglass
SM64 DS
New Super Mario Bros (DS).
thundrio
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #186 on: April 14, 2011, 07:25:37 PM »

is it just me or does the fishing pond look bigger. in this link it says they added a waterfall to the back, but im not sure how far they redid the pond (could/does mean old rod steals dont work, especially if they redo fishing mechanics)
__________________________________________________________________________________________
"Less obvious, but much appreciated, is the drastically improved framerate which now runs at a buttery-smooth 30 fps--a noticeable bump from the 15-24fps of the original. Though it should be noted I did encounter one instance of some extensive slowdown lasting for around 20 seconds, there’s still time for this to be fixed before release."

im curious as to where the lag is, and how pronounced, but 30 fps sounds good to me.
______________________________________________________________________________________
" Not only does the Temple of Time look spectacular on the outside, but the interior has finally been furnished with an actual ceiling (instead of the black abyss of before)."

to me this sounds like they recreated the temple of time on some level, which means no dot skip =)
_______________________________________________________________________________________
"In an effort to further streamline the inventory, the Ocarina now resides in a permanent spot in the lower-left corner of the touchscreen, preventing it from using up one of your valuable inventory slots. Mercifully, the song list can also be displayed while playing the Ocarina, sparing you from having to memorize them or sifting through sub-screens to look them up."

this is nice, because it means song playing is the same as before, also i wonder if there would be any way for us to get other items on this ocarina only button, and what would happen if we did...(new rba?)
________________________________________________________________________________________
"Luckily, there is at least one minor addition we can talk about: Master Quest, a second quest which is unlocked after finishing the main game."

this sounds to me like they are going to do something like zelda1/sotn where inputting a certain filename activates masterquest, which i think is nice (not that its a big deal though)

http://www.gamexplain.com/article-402-1302739329-legend-of-zelda-ocarina-of-time-3d-hands-on.html
^^this is the best hands on ive read so far (besides mitjitsus =)) so defianately give it a read^^
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 07:38:12 PM by thundrio » Logged

Jecko
Regular Guay

« Reply #187 on: April 15, 2011, 11:32:13 PM »

Anavrin
Regular Guay

And then will there be none?

« Reply #188 on: April 16, 2011, 03:47:13 AM »

it doesn't really matter because the glitches that will count are those in the final version.
I wonder if they can be patched with a system update.

Sonicpacker : I'm going to import SilentSlayers' crotch into Toad's Tool
SilentSlayers : I don't think there's enough memory...
aleckermit
Mega Guay

back in green

WWW Email
« Reply #189 on: April 16, 2011, 04:01:21 AM »

"My grueling climb up Death Mountain was especially enhanced by this, placing an emphasis on the dusty trail that stretched between the canyon walls into the distance. After my perilous climb, I peered over the mountainside and laid eyes on a sleeping Kakariko Village far, far below."

Wow this guy is getting really poetic lol, and I don't think "perilous" and "grueling" match death mountain well.

The game is looking awesome.

http://youtube.com/aleckermit

<@Swordless> Have you had this problem before? A game not starting until you cleaned it?
Greenalink
Special Guay

DS Dictator

« Reply #190 on: April 19, 2011, 01:49:55 PM »

New mode has been revealed

Nintendo has offered further info on the Master Quest and Boss Challenge modes featured in the imminent 3DS remake of all-time classic adventure title, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

Master Quest mode re-jigs the game to make players rethink the way they go about solving puzzles. The land of Hyrule has also been reversed, so what would ordinarily have been on the right now appears on the left and vice versa.

Enemies will also prove more difficult to beat, promising to be challenge for even the most seasoned of Zelda fans.

The new Boss Challenge mode - unlocked when players reach a certain point within the game - will provide players with the opportunity to face any of the previous Bosses they have defeated once again. There is also the option to take on each boss in a continuous battle.

To ensure even complete newcomers to Zelda can enjoy OOT, the 3DS game will also feature bite-sized videos viewable in-game to help guide players through their adventure.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D launches across Europe on June 17.

Source:
http://www.videogamer.com/news/additional_zelda_oot_3d_challenges_detailed.html

More info:

Notable runs:
Phantom Hourglass
SM64 DS
thundrio
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #191 on: April 19, 2011, 02:29:01 PM »

wtf a boss rush mode. iv always wanted this lol (even tried to make a mod that did this lol). also master quest went TP on us. pretty cool overall.

Majora MIM
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #192 on: April 19, 2011, 08:22:48 PM »

Holy shit! That's beautiful!

sorry for my soooo bad english.

TLOZ: complete     AOL: complete     ALTTP(GBA): 100%
LA(DX): complete   OOT/MQ/3D: 100%    MM: 100%
OOA/OOS: 100%    FS:100%   TWW:100%
 FSA: 100%     TMC: 100%     TP: 100%
PH: 100%        ST: 100%         SS: Huh
Greenalink
Special Guay

DS Dictator

« Reply #193 on: April 25, 2011, 01:34:23 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SA8vaAzlIBY&feature=player_embedded

Title screen 3DS version!!

Makes me want to produce the changes series I first did back in 2007 on ALttp.
Notable physic changes (like Crouch Stab recoil and Ground Jump setup), item usage changes, etc.

More info:

Notable runs:
Phantom Hourglass
SM64 DS
aleckermit
Mega Guay

back in green

WWW Email
« Reply #194 on: April 25, 2011, 06:26:39 PM »

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/japanese-motion-the-legend/713242

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/japanese-touch-the-legend/713243

PS: Mirror-mode MQ and Boss Mode eh? That's pretty cool.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 06:28:29 PM by aleckermit » Logged

http://youtube.com/aleckermit

<@Swordless> Have you had this problem before? A game not starting until you cleaned it?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19
  Print  

Jump to: