ZSR Forums
May 15, 2024, 08:20:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 19
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT remake for 3DS  (Read 241846 times)
512: loadMemberContext(): member id 1 not previously loaded by loadMemberData()
File: /var/www/html/smf1.1/Sources/Load.php
Line: 969
Slowking
Regular Guay

« Reply #150 on: February 26, 2011, 07:14:03 PM »

So we have AKA saying power crouch stab does work and you saying it doesn't.
By any chance did you try it without doing anything else with the sword first? This would indeed confirm, that this game runs on a modified japanese MM engine. Power crouch stab (and ISG) does 0 damage in japanese MM by default, but can be powered up like in OoT.
Fixing crouch stab in MM plus a few other changes were probably not done in japan but by the localisation team, since japanese 1.1 still has the power crouch stab. I would guess they used the japanese source code for this...

Escaping the forest using crouch stab doesn't work anymore, as already discovered.. tried it for about 20 mins, and we can hit it first time on N64 consistently.
Could be another hint that the MM engine is used. In clock town the guards have an invisible wall around them that actually also extends very far up. So backflipping over the Kokori that blocks your way in the lost woods as an adault, probably won't be possible either...
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 07:20:08 PM by Slowking » Logged

14:10 MrGrunz: keep your ass close to him
14:10   MrGrunz: and nothing can go wrong
aleckermit
Mega Guay

back in green

WWW Email
« Reply #151 on: February 26, 2011, 07:36:41 PM »

This is all very interesting.

One thing I'd like to point out is that the game is still in development, so DO NOT put glitch names in titles of 3DS youtube videos as they may be spotted and then fixed.

Also don't get disappointed if these glitches are not present in the retail game, they may be fixed. One person saying PCS stabbing works and another saying it doesn't makes me think they are doing final fixes to the games at the moment (glitch fixing, text, etc).

http://youtube.com/aleckermit

<@Swordless> Have you had this problem before? A game not starting until you cleaned it?
ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #152 on: February 26, 2011, 08:07:47 PM »

Great news about PCS and megaflip.  Too bad about ground jump and superslide though.  Did you try the Z + R + A simultaneously method for GJ too?  There's a change they only took out the roll method.

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
Slowking
Regular Guay

« Reply #153 on: February 26, 2011, 08:26:35 PM »

Great news about PCS and megaflip.  Too bad about ground jump and superslide though. 
Well if it's really the MM engine there is HISS and gainer...

14:10 MrGrunz: keep your ass close to him
14:10   MrGrunz: and nothing can go wrong
Masterluigisw
Regular Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #154 on: February 26, 2011, 08:45:33 PM »

i hope that you can still hover, which means skullata hover is the only way to skip basement1 in deku tree, that trick is really cool but there is 0% chance of it ever being efficient in oot64

He said superflip still works, so doesn't that mean that we could still angle superflip (or megasidehop whatever), from the deku baba at the deku tree entrance to skip the basement ? But of course, this can't be tested before the game comes out since the basement isn't even in the demo. But I was just wondering.

thundrio
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #155 on: February 26, 2011, 08:56:06 PM »

i agree with alec, although i think he is being paranoid about putitng glitch names on youtube, especially since in another thread on here i have a public google docs with ~400 glitches and videos on most of them.

so really i dont think that matters, because if they have a mind to look online to see what glitches this game has, in 10 seconds theycould have 20+ sources for all the major glitches.

[19:30] <13@jiano> i love programmin
[19:30] <13@jiano> if thing == otherthing: do thingything !!!!!!!!
Tali
Deku Scrub

Really need a Dazzle....

Email
« Reply #156 on: February 26, 2011, 10:38:40 PM »

So we have AKA saying power crouch stab does work and you saying it doesn't.

I would probs take AKAs word for it then, the one I tried defo didn't, storing deku stick slash. But maybe I was being stupid. I was being a tad slow with the X and Y buttons. 
Greenalink
Special Guay

DS Dictator

« Reply #157 on: March 02, 2011, 06:46:18 PM »

Contains 6 new screenshots!
http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/viewer.php?mode=article&id=35509

Ocarina of Time 3DS is coming in June.

After E3 (June 7-9th)
Possible Dates

Friday   10 (EU)
Monday 13 (US)
Friday   17 (EU)
Monday 20 (US)
Friday   24 (EU)
Monday 27 (US)

New DS PHAT Capture Device on its way (Sep 2011)!!!
More info:
http://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/3ds_capture_device_214.html

Yes I am a speed runner focused on DS games
Notable runs:
Phantom Hourglass
SM64 DS
New Super Mario Bros (DS).