ZSR Forums
May 04, 2024, 02:32:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 75
  Print  
Author Topic: WW Tricks and Glitches Discussion  (Read 1224459 times)
Razor7581
Site Editor
Special Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #600 on: September 09, 2010, 12:32:15 AM »

Going into a scene with the camera locked softlocks the game, as far as I can tell. So superswim is a no-go.
Interesting thing to note.

Rescue Tetra before FF1: is new to me. Did you just find this out?
Phazon
Special Guay

Aaaaagh!

lol_oli_lol@hotmail.com PhazonN
Email
« Reply #601 on: September 09, 2010, 06:36:50 AM »

Why skip FW with superswim? You could have finished FW long before the forest water expires.

Eh, what do you mean by softlock?

[15:48:29] <ChocolateLink> chapstick?
[15:48:59] <Phazon> yeah, i'm using it atm, you can get crazy high
KlydeStorm
Regular Guay

« Reply #602 on: September 09, 2010, 10:10:19 AM »

A softlock is when the game prevents all input, but the game is still running and hasn't crashed.
Razor7581
Site Editor
Special Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #603 on: September 10, 2010, 12:12:04 AM »

Why skip FW with superswim? You could have finished FW long before the forest water expires.

Eh, what do you mean by softlock?
I'm working with the timer.
EDIT:
Moved the route to any% route disscusion. I will still post updates here, but go there for the full, current, unfinished route.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 09:37:35 PM by Razor7581 » Logged

Thegargoylevine
Deku Scrub

« Reply #604 on: September 12, 2010, 11:23:46 PM »

Could these glitches be of any use?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwgTUJhr88Q&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Wb4a4kzRfc
Razor7581
Site Editor
Special Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #605 on: September 13, 2010, 12:57:26 AM »

Don't plan on using moblin slide because it requires fire/ice arrows. I don't know about the Tingle Tuner glitch though, but thanks for the help! Smiley

RingRush
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #606 on: September 13, 2010, 04:38:29 AM »

We can and will use the (already known, sorry) moblin slide because the run will get Fire/Ice Arrows. Why? Because you need them to get Power Bracelet and Iron Boots which you need for Earth Temple and Wind Temple respectively. Both of these need to be beaten to dispell the barrier.

Please, please stop treating the game as if barrier skip has already been found. It hasn't, despite many people spending a lot of time on the trick. Maybe it will be found one day, but the chances of that are looking slimmer and slimmer. Even if it is ever found, it is useless talking about it now. As much as you'ld like to believe otherwise, we have no idea what items it will require. I can guarantee you that three years ago, if somebody said "I found a hover glitch," nobody would expect it to involve Tingle Tuner. The point is, when it comes to route discussion, stick with tricks that exist. Tricks that don't exist are impossible to route since we don't know what they require. Oh yeah, and here is the key thing: tricks that do not exist do not exist. Barrier skip is impossible until proven otherwise.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 04:40:03 AM by RingRush » Logged

ded
Razor7581
Site Editor
Special Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #607 on: September 13, 2010, 11:50:29 PM »

We can and will use the (already known, sorry) moblin slide because the run will get Fire/Ice Arrows. Why? Because you need them to get Power Bracelet and Iron Boots which you need for Earth Temple and Wind Temple respectively. Both of these need to be beaten to dispell the barrier.

Please, please stop treating the game as if barrier skip has already been found. It hasn't, despite many people spending a lot of time on the trick. Maybe it will be found one day, but the chances of that are looking slimmer and slimmer. Even if it is ever found, it is useless talking about it now. As much as you'ld like to believe otherwise, we have no idea what items it will require. I can guarantee you that three years ago, if somebody said "I found a hover glitch," nobody would expect it to involve Tingle Tuner. The point is, when it comes to route discussion, stick with tricks that exist. Tricks that don't exist are impossible to route since we don't know what they require. Oh yeah, and here is the key thing: tricks that do not exist do not exist. Barrier skip is impossible until proven otherwise.
Thanks for the input, but I don't need you to tell me how to write the route, RingRush. I'm the one who stepped up in volunteering to write the route and I'll write it in the best, most timely manner for the game.

AniMeowzerz
Special Guay

Meow, and... stuff.

AniMeowzerz@hotmail.com AniMeowzerz
Email
« Reply #608 on: September 14, 2010, 12:25:48 AM »

Thanks for the input, but I don't need you to tell me how to write the route, RingRush. I'm the one who stepped up in volunteering to write the route and I'll write it in the best, most timely manner for the game.
Nobody asked for a volunteer sorry bro Wink

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
Razor7581
Site Editor
Special Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #609 on: September 14, 2010, 12:55:57 AM »

Nobody asked for a volunteer sorry bro Wink
I know, but nobody else was making a move to volunteer either.

bluephantom340
Special Guay

« Reply #610 on: September 14, 2010, 01:40:49 AM »

So I assume you're gonna show us a barrier skip video? Yeah, I thought so.

[13:57] <Kaztalek> Give me a week and I guarentee I will be a top 10 MM player.
[18:34:23] <ingx24> i suck at mm
http://www.youtube.com/user/ayumuhd
TheFrigz
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #611 on: September 14, 2010, 02:02:24 AM »

Razor, I made an account just for the sake of telling you: don't be stupid.  Don't route something that isn't yet possible for the game.  That would be the equivalent of me routing MM with some sort of "finish the game without beating all four temples" trick.  It's never been done, and until it has, it's a waste of time to try and figure out how the game will be ran should it be discovered.
Paraxade
Special Guay

paraxade@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #612 on: September 14, 2010, 03:21:31 AM »

Razor personally I couldn't care less about your routes as long as they're impossible. If you wanna route the theoretical barrier skip route for fun then fine, but if you're going to write off the routes that are actually possible right now then you're just being stupid.
Razor7581
Site Editor
Special Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #613 on: September 14, 2010, 10:42:08 PM »

Razor personally I couldn't care less about your routes as long as they're impossible. If you wanna route the theoretical barrier skip route for fun then fine, but if you're going to write off the routes that are actually possible right now then you're just being stupid.
Paraxade, I'm not writing any more of the route until I test it and make sure that it is possible and timely. Everything that I have written for the route so far have tested and preformed myself. This is why I won't post the next section, or any section for that matter,  of the route for a while because I'm still testing it at the moment.

Paraxade
Special Guay

paraxade@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #614 on: September 15, 2010, 12:02:02 AM »

Why are you saying we aren't getting fire/ice arrows then :/
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 75
  Print  

Jump to: