ZSR Forums
May 04, 2024, 09:29:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 75
  Print  
Author Topic: WW Tricks and Glitches Discussion  (Read 1224422 times)
Razor7581
Site Editor
Special Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #570 on: August 17, 2010, 12:21:59 AM »

32. Call Tingle & Put RT on B
33. Move Statues (2nd one half way)
34. Quick spin bokoblins & pickup stick
35. Light 1st torch, throw to light second
36. Open chest, open door
37. Break boards
-Cutscene
38. Roll pull out block 1/2 way
39. Roll to bomb flowers & deminish life to 1/4 Heart (alternate BF for speed--L then R--)

This is a very vague outline of the route as of now. I did not include save spots, as they are to be discussed. I will improve as I continue testing and get suggestions. Got cable today, but to lazy to do more on route. I'll do more this weekend.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 10:32:21 PM by Razor7581 » Logged

Rescue Tetra before FF1: is new to me. Did you just find this out?
Cerpin_Taxt
« Reply #571 on: August 18, 2010, 02:11:49 AM »

Going to start route testing soon. I know barrier skip isn't done yet, but I have a pretty good idea of what it will require.

Then tell us.
GlitchesAndStuff
Site Editor
Special Guay

Feel free to ask me anything

« Reply #572 on: August 18, 2010, 10:46:30 AM »

Recently I managed to do BiT with the leaf by hovering out the top of forest haven OoB then falling to my death and pressing reset at the right moment. it took me to outset with magic and leaf BiT. However, I cannot press start to save so the only option is fall damage. I've only found one place that might be possible for link to take damage and it requires getting onto this roof:

from the roof you can jump off the highest part onto the sand and take fall damage. with the angle in that image, jumping off will send link too far to grab the edge and a tiny bit too low even if he could grab the edge. if you angle link more to the right and jump, the side of the roof pushes him away as he gets that high. this means that if link was facing towards the roof then he would be able to grab however he is facing quite far away from the roof.

There are two reasons I want to try saving with BiT leaf. the first is so that in a DRC IL the player will have the deku leaf so the dungeon could have some extra shortcuts. The second is that with BiT leaf, after you use the telescope to see tetra fall into the forest, you can leaf to the pirate ship that comes up outside Outset. not only would this skip shield but it would skip getting the sword from orca. and if you skiped getting the sword from orca and got the one from FF1 it might have some strange effects when going to see orca at different points of the game. for instance, it may be possible to replace the master sword with the hero's sword.

so if any of you know if it's possible to not make jumps not go too far or if you had any other ideas about places to get damage, please let me know because I really want this to work.

But remember, things relevent to any% come first. this is just a fun thing I wanted to test.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 02:13:41 PM by GlitchesAndStuff » Logged
Razor7581
Site Editor
Special Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #573 on: August 18, 2010, 09:33:15 PM »

@GlitchesandStuff^
Quick question: Won't the game automatically activate the opening cutscene after a certain period of time?
Anyway, I'd also like to see what you come up with if you get this to work. I think that you can jump from the porch to the sand and take damage, but I'm not sure. I'm thinking of doing a DRC any% IL sometime soon, so this would be helpful. I hope to see a vid of what you find soon!
Then tell us.
Bombs, deku leaf, WW, and possible FW. I was mostly talking about the ledge w/o hookshot, but for the actual skip, bombs and WW. I'll test more with it in time.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 10:06:43 PM by Razor7581 » Logged

KlydeStorm
Regular Guay

« Reply #574 on: August 18, 2010, 10:06:37 PM »

Glitches, if you die, it'll go into the opening story.
GlitchesAndStuff
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #575 on: August 19, 2010, 09:47:54 AM »

Glitches, if you die, it'll go into the opening story.

I tested dying with cheats and it gave you a chance to save before it takes you to the opening story. I assume dying in drowning type BiT still lets you create a file like dying in death type BiT does?

@GlitchesandStuff^
Quick question: Won't the game automatically activate the opening cutscene after a certain period of time?
Anyway, I'd also like to see what you come up with if you get this to work. I think that you can jump from the porch to the sand and take damage, but I'm not sure. I'm thinking of doing a DRC any% IL sometime soon, so this would be helpful. I hope to see a vid of what you find soon!

The only place you can get fall damage is jumping off the top of the very top of the roof onto the sand. Because you can hang onto the lower part of the roof, the jump needed isn't really that huge. You can try places with rolling jumps but I won't be able to press A when in BiT "mode" because pressing A takes me to the file select screen.
Razor7581
Site Editor
Special Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #576 on: August 19, 2010, 10:36:09 PM »

The only place you can get fall damage is jumping off the top of the very top of the roof onto the sand. Because you can hang onto the lower part of the roof, the jump needed isn't really that huge. You can try places with rolling jumps but I won't be able to press A when in BiT "mode" because pressing A takes me to the file select screen.
Well that sucks. Maybe it's just a bit of luck. I don't know if I'll get around to messing with it. DRC BK skip is giving me hell.

GlitchesAndStuff
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #577 on: August 20, 2010, 02:11:09 PM »

Okay, I think I'm getting closer..

I searched youtube for any outset island glitch that might help me with getting onto this roof. finally, I found this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqUctKDkV38
This video shows how to get up onto the well thing with a jumpslash but you can easily get up there with a jump w/o pressing any buttons. from the top of the well, you can do a rolling jump to grab the roof. this is now a way to get onto that roof without any items. however, the jump from the top of here DOES require a roll so it's no good for BiT yet. I'll be testing some different angles because link's grabbing physics and style are really odd in this game. It would be helpful if any of you also tested for places to grab as I would really like to make this work.

Edit: I just got on with a normal jump! I did it once and I'm trying to do it again but it's really hard... but basicly it means that we can take fall damage with drowning type BiT Cheesy

Edit: I got it two more times in the space of about two hours.. this is hard and I've yet to find a setup... if you guys could also help to work one out, I would be grateful
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 04:35:01 PM by GlitchesAndStuff » Logged
Razor7581
Site Editor
Special Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #578 on: August 20, 2010, 10:58:05 PM »

Okay, I think I'm getting closer..

I searched youtube for any outset island glitch that might help me with getting onto this roof. finally, I found this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqUctKDkV38
This video shows how to get up onto the well thing with a jumpslash but you can easily get up there with a jump w/o pressing any buttons. from the top of the well, you can do a rolling jump to grab the roof. this is now a way to get onto that roof without any items. however, the jump from the top of here DOES require a roll so it's no good for BiT yet. I'll be testing some different angles because link's grabbing physics and style are really odd in this game. It would be helpful if any of you also tested for places to grab as I would really like to make this work.

Edit: I just got on with a normal jump! I did it once and I'm trying to do it again but it's really hard... but basicly it means that we can take fall damage with drowning type BiT Cheesy

Edit: I got it two more times in the space of about two hours.. this is hard and I've yet to find a setup... if you guys could also help to work one out, I would be grateful
Yeah, could you make a vid of the whole thing, starting with showing the storage of collecting the deku leaf all the way to dying from the roof for BiT? I'm a little confused with parts of it and a vid would be clarify. This sounds perfect for my DRC any% IL. Great job Glitches!

GlitchesAndStuff
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #579 on: August 21, 2010, 08:37:34 AM »

Yeah, could you make a vid of the whole thing, starting with showing the storage of collecting the deku leaf all the way to dying from the roof for BiT? I'm a little confused with parts of it and a vid would be clarify. This sounds perfect for my DRC any% IL. Great job Glitches!

This is an extremely hard trick to do and it is not doable on console. it requires first that you get the forest water glitch, then that you can hover out the top of forest haven then fall OoB and press reset at the right time. There are only like 3 frames you can press reset in so you can see how hard it would be. I have been told that if it was drowning type BiT it would be much easier because you can time the reset press.

Razor, if you want deku leaf for a DRC IL, you should probably hover to forest haven from the nearest island you can get to before DRC. Also, you should get bombs early too. they will help with all the giant rocks that you normally need bombflowers for.
Razor7581
Site Editor
Special Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #580 on: August 21, 2010, 03:28:07 PM »

Razor, if you want deku leaf for a DRC IL, you should probably hover to forest haven from the nearest island you can get to before DRC. Also, you should get bombs early too. they will help with all the giant rocks that you normally need bombflowers for.
Route testing comes first for me, but hovering to FH early for the deku leaf is insane. I wouldn't normally say that, but even some good at hovering as Ani got a time of 1 hour to hover there from Outset, from DR would be about half that, and I don't even know if Tingle heal with still work, plus it must be timed before the intro cutscene. Skipping the rocks is faster than even using bombs to destroy them, so don't think I'd bother with that, maybe. I ink we might be able to BK skip in DRC w/ DL instead of hovering to save a few seconds so, yeah. Also, it's probably possible on a console. Smiley

GlitchesAndStuff
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #581 on: August 21, 2010, 06:58:22 PM »

Route testing comes first for me, but hovering to FH early for the deku leaf is insane. I wouldn't normally say that, but even some good at hovering as Ani got a time of 1 hour to hover there from Outset, from DR would be about half that, and I don't even know if Tingle heal with still work, plus it must be timed before the intro cutscene. Skipping the rocks is faster than even using bombs to destroy them, so don't think I'd bother with that, maybe. I ink we might be able to BK skip in DRC w/ DL instead of hovering to save a few seconds so, yeah. Also, it's probably possible on a console. Smiley
No, hovering to FH early is so much easier. hovering out the top of FH and pressing reset at the right time would be really hard. The timing is almost impossible.

Also, I did the death in BiT thing on console not that long ago.. I found a setup and it's semi-consistant. Video will be recorded and uploaded tomorrow probably. Smiley
Chimpas
Regular Guay

Inlove with Twilight Princess

WWW Email
« Reply #582 on: August 21, 2010, 11:10:36 PM »

Here´s the playlistGrin, also some stuff in Diamond Steppe

GlitchesAndStuff
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #583 on: August 22, 2010, 06:49:02 PM »

Nice work! I like the Diamond Steppe boosts Cheesy can you open chests after knockback with 0 hearts? if so, you can probably drop a bomb in hover and get knocked next to the chest so you can open it rather then die.

Also:
Die in drowning-style BiT. It's strange, you can't normally jump off the well there onto the roof. BiT strangely seems to make some ledges act differently as well as the roof not making link slide down so that you can easily walk up it. it only works in drowning type BiT, in the death BiT that parax has a video of, all ledges seem to behave normally.
Razor7581
Site Editor
Special Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #584 on: August 22, 2010, 08:19:25 PM »

I like your newish type on bomb boosting, it's similar to what I was using to try to get to the H1 ledge w/o the hookshot.

40. Zombie hover to 2nd level off of bomb flower
41. Enter room and quick kill bokoblins
42. Grab water jug, jump to center platform, throw on lava jet
43. Pick up bomb flower & blow up rock
44. Roll up stairs
-Cutscene
45. Quick kill bokoblins (5 slashes, then quick spin) and moblin
46. Get grappling hook & grapple to post from ground to skip Medli text
47. Roll, grapple, break boards
48. Zombie hover for BK skip--preferably use variation 1--
49. Quick Gohma battle
-Cutscene
50. Enter warp
-Cutscene
51. Save
52. Quick sail to Forest Haven
53. WW dive to entrance

This is a very vague outline of the route as of now. I only included obvious save spots, as they are to be discussed. I will improve as I continue testing and get suggestions.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 01:09:42 AM by Razor7581 » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 75
  Print  

Jump to: