ZSR Forums
May 04, 2024, 01:18:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 75
  Print  
Author Topic: WW Tricks and Glitches Discussion  (Read 1224448 times)
KlydeStorm
Regular Guay

« Reply #555 on: July 31, 2010, 11:34:19 PM »

if it doesn't start a new red flashing, we might be able to pull out the wind waker just as it stops flashing at 0 health.

Link dies far too soon before the red flashing ends.
Razor7581
Site Editor
Special Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #556 on: August 06, 2010, 01:30:08 AM »

Might have a solution to the health problem if I can find a way to get on the ledge without the hookshot.

Rescue Tetra before FF1: is new to me. Did you just find this out?
KlydeStorm
Regular Guay

« Reply #557 on: August 06, 2010, 09:51:07 AM »

Might have a solution to the health problem if I can find a way to get on the ledge without the hookshot.

Why not just share your idea so people are more motivated, or people with cheating devices can test it and see if it's truly worth all the effort?

By the way, are the previous Razor we knew and just happened to forget your password? Or by some slim chance are you another Razor?

(I missed the signature before, whoops)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 09:59:24 AM by KlydeStorm » Logged
Razor7581
Site Editor
Special Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #558 on: August 06, 2010, 02:37:20 PM »

Why not just share your idea so people are more motivated, or people with cheating devices can test it and see if it's truly worth all the effort?

By the way, are the previous Razor we knew and just happened to forget your password? Or by some slim chance are you another Razor?

(I missed the signature before, whoops)
Yeah. Forgot my password. But, anyway, my idea is to get inside the barrier and try to use a 'gainer' to grab onto the ledge and clip through the invisible wall with a bomb. I know the ledge close to that is grabbable, so from your vid I thought grabbing it was an idea. I'm messing around with other glitch theories that may or may not help with barrier skip.

KlydeStorm
Regular Guay

« Reply #559 on: August 06, 2010, 05:32:06 PM »

But, anyway, my idea is to get inside the barrier and try to use a 'gainer' to grab onto the ledge and clip through the invisible wall with a bomb. I know the ledge close to that is grabbable, so from your vid I thought grabbing it was an idea.

A problem there, you can't grab onto the ledge, on either side. If you could, what's stopping someone from leafing off the steps before over to it and grabbing the edge? There's also a giant invisible wall preventing you from grabbing it, even if you could grab onto the ledge.
Razor7581
Site Editor
Special Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #560 on: August 06, 2010, 08:06:33 PM »

There's also a giant invisible wall preventing you from grabbing it, even if you could grab onto the ledge.
Yes that was my fear. I thought there might be an exception since most invisible walls are one-way. Oh well. Perhaps there's a way to clip into the wall to grab the ledge.
Quick question: For the trials skip with bomb ledge clip, can you get behind the door without double magic meter?

KlydeStorm
Regular Guay

« Reply #561 on: August 06, 2010, 08:38:00 PM »

Perhaps there's a way to clip into the wall to grab the ledge.

No, there's no way we can ever grab that particular edge. The edge closest to the pit, maybe, but that's still really pushing it.

Quick question: For the trials skip with bomb ledge clip, can you get behind the door without double magic meter?

I do not know.
Razor7581
Site Editor
Special Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #562 on: August 06, 2010, 09:17:08 PM »

No, there's no way we can ever grab that particular edge. The edge closest to the pit, maybe, but that's still really pushing it.
Not that ledge. I'm talking about the original ledge the GlitchesandStuff hookshot clipped on top of.

EDIT:
Tested a new theory today. Using Manocheese's clip in hyrule, I thought it would be an idea to see if we could clip into the 'railing' with a backflip & the deku leaf. Haven't had any luck, but I thought maybe someone would have a suggestion.

EDIT:
Don't believe that the railing and wall are on the same plane, but I've almost gotten up there. Might try zombie hover, but for the practical use deku leaf and/or bombs required.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 11:30:49 PM by Razor7581 » Logged

Razor7581
Site Editor
Special Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #563 on: August 11, 2010, 12:57:14 AM »

Going to start route testing soon. I know barrier skip isn't done yet, but I have a pretty good idea of what it will require.

Razor7581
Site Editor
Special Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #564 on: August 11, 2010, 08:13:26 PM »

After beginning route testing today this is what I have so far:
1. Opening Cutscene (may or may not save after)
2. Sidehop, swim, roll to grandma's house
3. Climb latter, get clothes
4. Roll, swim to aryll
5. Equip telescope, postman
- Cutscene
6. Sidehop, swim, roll to orca's
7. Do quick sword method
8. Roll to Tetra
9. Quick bokoblin battle
-Cutscene
10. Roll to grandma's
11. Climb latter, backflip down for shield
EDIT: Collect Orange rupee under grandma's house
12. Roll to Tetra
-Cutscene
13. Quick rope game
14. Climb latter
-Cutscene
15. Roll & do quick 2nd search light trick (not sure if GS text skip causes problems, so didn't include it)
16. Lure bokoblin & quick spin kill
17. Jump to first search light, quick kill
18. Rolling, Rolling, Rolling
19. Hug the wall to roll past moblin
20. Sidles
21. Sword, quick kill bokoblin
-Cutscene
22. Get Tingle Tuner & Sail
23. Quick sail to DR, collect red rupee along way
24. WW & wind's requiem, make wind blow south
25. Skip the rocks
-Long shitty cutscene/Delivery Bag
26. Roll to Medli, get letter
27. Roll to Komali
28. To Medli
(Not sure if bottle skip would save time or waste it. Needs confirmation)
29. Bottle, Blow up rock, Swim
30. Bomb boost over lava Jumpslash is quicker by a few seconds
31. Enter DRC & Save
Note: Sometime before DRC we should collect 20 more rupees for hover costs. Possibly sail rupees. Fixed step 23^

This is a very vague outline of the route as of now. I did not include save spots, as they are to be discussed. I will improve as I continue testing and get suggestions. (Need to buy GBA-GCN connector cable)

« Last Edit: August 14, 2010, 02:28:53 PM by Razor7581 » Logged

Phazon
Special Guay

Aaaaagh!

lol_oli_lol@hotmail.com PhazonN
Email
« Reply #565 on: August 11, 2010, 09:38:07 PM »

There's a better route for Sail rupees than the orange under Grandma's house, but we might need it anyway because of Tingle Tuner costs.

Tbh I don't know where Wind Waker is right now. Is it even necessary to go to DRC?

[15:48:29] <ChocolateLink> chapstick?
[15:48:59] <Phazon> yeah, i'm using it atm, you can get crazy high
Razor7581
Site Editor
Special Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #566 on: August 11, 2010, 09:56:18 PM »

There's a better route for Sail rupees than the orange under Grandma's house, but we might need it anyway because of Tingle Tuner costs.

Tbh I don't know where Wind Waker is right now. Is it even necessary to go to DRC?
Yeah I was thinking the same thing about the orange rupee. I'd say it's necessary to go to DRC as KoRL won't let you sail anywhere else and zombie hover takes too long. Perhaps superswim to FF2 early for EMS would be an option, but we'd still need to go to FH. I'm still testing with it and will tell about what I find. School started today, so I may not be too quick about it.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 11:47:19 PM by Razor7581 » Logged

KlydeStorm
Regular Guay

« Reply #567 on: August 12, 2010, 03:34:09 PM »

EMS is not an option, at all. It ends in a dead-end with not being able to break the barrier, ever.

Before you say "barrier skip", we don't have it yet.
Razor7581
Site Editor
Special Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #568 on: August 12, 2010, 09:35:39 PM »

EMS is not an option, at all. It ends in a dead-end with not being able to break the barrier, ever.

Before you say "barrier skip", we don't have it yet.
I know we don't have barrier skip yet. I'm working on it, and I don't want to argue about it right now. However, I'm not completely taking EMS off yet, though I do highly doubt its use.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 10:32:53 PM by Razor7581 » Logged

Chimpas
Regular Guay

Inlove with Twilight Princess

WWW Email
« Reply #569 on: August 16, 2010, 06:15:03 PM »

I was looking for the earth temple tricks and I saw a poor "trick compilation", I did a playlist so someone should add them into the site
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 11:03:06 PM by Chimpas » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 75
  Print  

Jump to: