ZSR Forums
May 04, 2024, 07:56:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 75
  Print  
Author Topic: WW Tricks and Glitches Discussion  (Read 1224511 times)
Manocheese
Regular Guay

avgshyuisopd
WWW Email
« Reply #510 on: July 20, 2010, 08:27:37 PM »

A useless trick:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5Sq6lUTLRU

we are on the verge of discovering a fully optimized barrier skip
Razor
Regular Guay

Zombie Hover

« Reply #511 on: July 21, 2010, 12:53:09 AM »

Upon viewing GlitchesandStuff's video I realized something. We don't need to be inside the repulsive barrier because, as he shows--and as I realized--, there is no repulsive barrier/invisible wall in the bridge. The vid clearly shows that clipping into the bridge is possible with 0 heart dive. So that's one less thing to worry about.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 04:12:40 AM by Slowking » Logged

Forest Water+Backflip=Gainers?
Manocheese
Regular Guay

avgshyuisopd
WWW Email
« Reply #512 on: July 21, 2010, 02:10:01 AM »

Upon viewing GlitchesandStuff's video I realized something. We don't need to be inside the repulsive barrier because, as he shows--and as I realized--, there is no repulsive barrier/invisible wall in the bridge. The vid clearly shows that clipping into the bridge is possible with 0 heart dive. So that's one less thing to worry about.

What are you talking about? The damage barrier exists inside the bridge. This can be tested easily with AR: Just float up into the bridge from underneath and run into the barrier. The invisible wall is there too.

we are on the verge of discovering a fully optimized barrier skip
GlitchesAndStuff
Site Editor
Special Guay

Feel free to ask me anything

« Reply #513 on: July 21, 2010, 07:12:55 AM »

I think so too; I imagine you would do this:

1. Lay a bomb and stand so that when it knocks you down and kills you, you are facing the barrier.
2. Hover toward the barrier, pull out a bomb, and drop it with the Deku Leaf.
3. Land inside the barrier and use the hypothetical trick to pull out the WW on the same frame that your invincibility stops. The bomb will give you a WW dive and you can go under the invisible wall.

yeah, this is what I was thinking...

Also, I found a new small glitch with forest water... since the forest water glitch un-freezes everything around link after the message comes up, you can get hit by an exploding bomb with the wind waker out. if you drop a bomb before, do forest water and conduct the balad of the gales, the bomb will knock you back and next time you pull out the wind waker your playing will be all fucked up. try it for yourself.. and then try conducting another song like that.. it's kinda odd...
Razor
Regular Guay

Zombie Hover

« Reply #514 on: July 21, 2010, 01:34:45 PM »

yeah, this is what I was thinking...

Also, I found a new small glitch with forest water... since the forest water glitch un-freezes everything around link after the message comes up, you can get hit by an exploding bomb with the wind waker out. if you drop a bomb before, do forest water and conduct the balad of the gales, the bomb will knock you back and next time you pull out the wind waker your playing will be all fucked up. try it for yourself.. and then try conducting another song like that.. it's kinda odd...
I seem to remember something like that.

Slowking
Regular Guay

« Reply #515 on: July 23, 2010, 04:12:59 AM »

Basically the whole map is a damage-area. Only Hyrule castle is in a non-damage bubble.
But taking damage from the "barriere" can be canceled with wind waker, which is why you can dive into it. The problem with this is that after the dive you are too low to hit Ganons loading zone. So you would need to zombie hover. But to zombie hover you nee to be dead. For that you have to kill yourself right before the dive. But that will let you flash red and once you stop flashing the damage barriere knocks you back which cancels zombie hovering.

Best thing would be if we could zombie hover, land and then imidietly WW dive, but there don't seem to be enough frames after landing before dieing to do this.
Hmm... Does forest water expire when you are dead? And what happens if it expires during a hover? Wouldn't the textbox cause a dive or give us enough time to pull out WW? Has anybody tested that yet?

And what about releasing a firefly, dieing then recatching the firefly and diving of that catch-text?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 04:41:02 AM by Slowking » Logged

14:10 MrGrunz: keep your ass close to him
14:10   MrGrunz: and nothing can go wrong
Razor
Regular Guay

Zombie Hover

« Reply #516 on: July 23, 2010, 02:31:12 PM »

Best thing would be if we could zombie hover, land and then imidietly WW dive, but there don't seem to be enough frames after landing before dieing to do this.
Hmm... Does forest water expire when you are dead? And what happens if it expires during a hover? Wouldn't the textbox cause a dive or give us enough time to pull out WW? Has anybody tested that yet?

And what about releasing a firefly, dieing then recatching the firefly and diving of that catch-text?
Nothing really happens when forest water expires while hovering. It simply pauses the hover until you close the text. So yeah, I have tested it. Same with forest firefly. I suppose a dive with might be possible but very unlikely, as you'd have to slightly nudge foreward before recapturing it. I've done a similar thing over the 'holes in the ground' and it simply pauses before letting the animation begin. The window for a firefly dive is tiny, and it would just be one more item to worry about. Also, I've noticed that you have a habit of saying barriere instead of barrier.

KlydeStorm
Regular Guay

« Reply #517 on: July 23, 2010, 03:54:02 PM »

Same situation. We can be dead, or be inside the damage barrier, not both. There's not enough time for Link to stop flashing after a fatal blow, so we can't cancel the damage barrier.

Edit:
Weird shit.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxA9pRUmLUI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqHNJD4tYHM
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 05:58:45 PM by KlydeStorm » Logged
Razor
Regular Guay

Zombie Hover

« Reply #518 on: July 23, 2010, 07:42:55 PM »

Looks like you found gainers in WW. Could it be the solution to barrier skip?

KlydeStorm
Regular Guay

« Reply #519 on: July 23, 2010, 07:47:22 PM »

Looks like you found gainers in WW. Could it be the solution to barrier skip?

You're joking, right?

I want you to come up with a logical reason why you think that, after all we've tried, a simple Gainer would be the key trick needed to get past the barrier, of all things.

Also, it's not really a Gainer at all, it can't grab ledges that are above you. It's just a forward backflip.

Edit: What Razor was referring to is here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ai8PyluIsjY#t=0m49s
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 07:51:55 PM by KlydeStorm » Logged
Razor
Regular Guay

Zombie Hover

« Reply #520 on: July 23, 2010, 07:53:14 PM »

You're joking, right?

I want you to come up with a logical reason why you think a Gainer would make Barrier Skip possible.

Also, it's not really a Gainer at all, it can't grab ledges that are above you.

Edit: What Razor was referring to is here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ai8PyluIsjY#t=0m49s

The 'gainer', for say, seems to move link back toward the nearest ledge once backflipping off of it. I was overexaggerating a bit, but I was just thinking using it at an angle may bypass the invisible wall. Just a theory. Either way it's something I'll have to test with.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 07:56:16 PM by Razor » Logged

KlydeStorm
Regular Guay

« Reply #521 on: July 23, 2010, 07:54:57 PM »

The 'gainer', for say, seems to move link back toward the nearest ledge one backflipping off of it. I was overexaggerating a bit, but I was just thinking using it at an angle may bypass the invisible wall. Just a theory.

Then wouldn't a regular old backflip bypass it, for whatever reason?
Razor
Regular Guay

Zombie Hover

« Reply #522 on: July 23, 2010, 07:59:59 PM »

Then wouldn't a regular old backflip bypass it, for whatever reason?
No, because the gainer moves you forward.

KlydeStorm
Regular Guay

« Reply #523 on: July 23, 2010, 08:01:50 PM »

No, because the gainer moves you forward.

It's the same animation, the same hitboxes, the same everything, but it goes forward. If a gainer would work, a regular backflip would work.

Plus, before the "gainer" moves you forward, you have to move backwards for 2 frames. You would be smacked by the barrier because you went too far out of it, I figure.

Edit: I just tested it for you anyways, and it does nothing.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 08:07:21 PM by KlydeStorm » Logged
Razor
Regular Guay

Zombie Hover

« Reply #524 on: July 23, 2010, 08:11:24 PM »

It's the same animation, the same hitboxes, the same everything, but it goes forward. If a gainer would work, a regular backflip would work.

Plus, before the "gainer" moves you forward, you have to move backwards for 2 frames. You would be smacked by the barrier because you went too far out of it, I figure.

Edit: I just tested it for you anyways, and it does nothing.
Too bad. I guess I'll just have to do more testing.
EDIT:
Forest water is awesome.

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 75
  Print  

Jump to: