ZSR Forums
May 04, 2024, 12:32:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 75
  Print  
Author Topic: WW Tricks and Glitches Discussion  (Read 1224445 times)
GlitchesAndStuff
Site Editor
Special Guay

Feel free to ask me anything

« Reply #465 on: July 10, 2010, 05:06:49 PM »

I have seen a shitload of tricks in OoT and MM that were considered TAS only. Sooner or later some runners could do all of them consistntly on console... well maybe except the Tektite hover in OoT, but that's really the only one console runners can't do.

Even if a barriere skip found by TASing would only have a one frame window, it would still be viable, since it would be at the beginning of a segment.
I agree with this.

Anyway, I've found a way to get onto the side wall of the bridge where the barrier is, without zombie hovering or dying. you can't hang off either side though so no chance of hang clip. I'll have a video up soon.
Slowking
Regular Guay

« Reply #466 on: July 10, 2010, 05:25:46 PM »

I agree with this.

Anyway, I've found a way to get onto the side wall of the bridge where the barrier is, without zombie hovering or dying. you can't hang off either side though so no chance of hang clip. I'll have a video up soon.
hmm but maybe you can do something with forest water clip in there... probably not but maybe.

14:10 MrGrunz: keep your ass close to him
14:10   MrGrunz: and nothing can go wrong
GlitchesAndStuff
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #467 on: July 10, 2010, 06:26:59 PM »

and here's the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7nXt-WbZJI
needs double magic
Razor
Regular Guay

Zombie Hover

« Reply #468 on: July 10, 2010, 07:13:06 PM »

and here's the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7nXt-WbZJI
needs double magic
Interesting find, though for the most optimized barrier skip, we won't have the hookshot. Anyway, I found a new forest water glitch yesterday. I'll try to put a video up soon, but windows movie maker is glitching up. Does anyone know what to do when it says there is no camera attached, but it is and it's turned on? I can't figure it out.

Forest Water+Backflip=Gainers?
NOKAUBURE
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #469 on: July 10, 2010, 08:54:02 PM »

so, if we skip the first barrier, there are a 2nd barrier, and then a 3rd barrier?! lmao 3 barriers, nintendo is very crazy  Grin

Tongue
Phazon
Special Guay

Aaaaagh!

lol_oli_lol@hotmail.com PhazonN
Email
« Reply #470 on: July 11, 2010, 07:43:24 AM »

Screw optimisation. If you need the Hookshot to get behind the barrier then use it. It's a million times better than nothing.

By the way I noticed yesterday that under the bridge outside HC, there is an object you can target with your Boomerang, which you can't hit because the bridge is in the way. I don't know what's down there that the Boomerang is targetting. It's probably nothing interesting, but I'm kinda curious.

[15:48:29] <ChocolateLink> chapstick?
[15:48:59] <Phazon> yeah, i'm using it atm, you can get crazy high
KlydeStorm
Regular Guay

« Reply #471 on: July 11, 2010, 09:03:51 AM »

so, if we skip the first barrier, there are a 2nd barrier, and then a 3rd barrier?! lmao 3 barriers, nintendo is very crazy  Grin

No, there's only 2. Wall and damage.
GlitchesAndStuff
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #472 on: July 11, 2010, 10:51:48 AM »

Okay Guys I think I can get barrier skip. It's a TAS only and it'll be really hard to pull off if I ever do. I need a savestate on dolphin to test. I need one at hyrule just after you have the triforce of courage (so It has hookshot).
Phazon
Special Guay

Aaaaagh!

lol_oli_lol@hotmail.com PhazonN
Email
« Reply #473 on: July 11, 2010, 10:53:28 AM »

What's the plan?

[15:48:29] <ChocolateLink> chapstick?
[15:48:59] <Phazon> yeah, i'm using it atm, you can get crazy high
Razor
Regular Guay

Zombie Hover

« Reply #474 on: July 11, 2010, 02:37:24 PM »

Okay Guys I think I can get barrier skip. It's a TAS only and it'll be really hard to pull off if I ever do. I need a savestate on dolphin to test. I need one at hyrule just after you have the triforce of courage (so It has hookshot).
I'd like to see what you plan to do because it sounds interesting. Excuse my statements, but even if you do get it to work--which would be great--it would be useful only as a guiding idea. First of all, if it's after we get the ToC then it's next to useless for skipping only the darknut battle. Also, if it's TAS only then we get to wastefully sped more time seeing if it is console-possible. Never the less, I'd like to see what you're planning to do so that I can work with it. Good work, though! Smiley

GlitchesAndStuff
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #475 on: July 11, 2010, 04:20:05 PM »

I'd like to see what you plan to do because it sounds interesting. Excuse my statements, but even if you do get it to work--which would be great--it would be useful only as a guiding idea. First of all, if it's after we get the ToC then it's next to useless for skipping only the darknut battle. Also, if it's TAS only then we get to wastefully sped more time seeing if it is console-possible. Never the less, I'd like to see what you're planning to do so that I can work with it. Good work, though! Smiley

Okay, so. After getting on the side wall and past the damage barrier (with wind waker), I wind waker dived off the edge and then after falling for a while I canceled it and took out my leaf and I got past the barrier.

so, I got past the barrier...
the problem was that I was miles down under the ground...

but I recently found out that you can use the wind waker with 0 hearts if you mash it after knockback. So if I can lose my last heart with knockback and fly back into an un-exploded bomb, and ge out the wind waker, I could possibly pull out the wind waker and dive off the edge with 0 hearts. After I have fell for a while I can cancel the wind waker and start hovering up to ganon's castle entrance.

so if you want to try then please, do.
Razor
Regular Guay

Zombie Hover

« Reply #476 on: July 11, 2010, 04:30:03 PM »

Okay, so. After getting on the side wall and past the damage barrier (with wind waker), I wind waker dived off the edge and then after falling for a while I canceled it and took out my leaf and I got past the barrier.

so, I got past the barrier...
the problem was that I was miles down under the ground...

but I recently found out that you can use the wind waker with 0 hearts if you mash it after knockback. So if I can lose my last heart with knockback and fly back into an un-exploded bomb, and ge out the wind waker, I could possibly pull out the wind waker and dive off the edge with 0 hearts. After I have fell for a while I can cancel the wind waker and start hovering up to ganon's castle entrance.

Sounds interesting, however, it also sounds incredibly difficult. We'd have to hope that when link dies upon entering GT that he is not warped back out to before the barrier. I would still love to see a video of this, and hope that with some work, we can optimize it even more.

Slowking
Regular Guay

« Reply #477 on: July 11, 2010, 04:49:04 PM »

Hmm you can use a bomb to push you off ledges to make WW dive easier. Don't you take damage while doing that? If so just let the bomb push you off while having WW out, fall far enough to be outside the damage barriere (shouldn't be that low the invisible wall is the one thats high) and then start zombie hover...

On the other hand. If we can start WW dive while being dead we could die at korl, zombie hover to the bridge, ww dive down and continue zombie hovering. That would skip the hookshot and would make H1 -> GT possible... but it would be insanely hard. Cheesy

Sounds interesting, however, it also sounds incredibly difficult. We'd have to hope that when link dies upon entering GT that he is not warped back out to before the barrier. I would still love to see a video of this, and hope that with some work, we can optimize it even more.
If you get into GTs loading zone you are golden.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 05:20:17 PM by Slowking » Logged

14:10 MrGrunz: keep your ass close to him
14:10   MrGrunz: and nothing can go wrong
Dashiamo
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #478 on: July 11, 2010, 05:10:16 PM »

Hope it works, I'd love to test it but I only have a file at hyrule 1. If it works then all we need to do is get on the side during hyrule 1/2. Maybe I'll try to find a way of doing that without hookshot and double magic.
Razor
Regular Guay

Zombie Hover

« Reply #479 on: July 11, 2010, 07:18:19 PM »

Hmm you can use a bomb to push you off ledges to make WW dive easier. Don't you take damage while doing that? If so just let the bomb push you off while having WW out, fall far enough to be outside the damage barriere (shouldn't be that low the invisible wall is the one thats high) and then start zombie hover...

On the other hand. If we can start WW dive while being dead we could die at korl, zombie hover to the bridge, ww dive down and continue zombie hovering. That would skip the hookshot and would make H1 -> GT possible... but it would be insanely hard. Cheesy
If you get into GTs loading zone you are golden.
Either way it would be insanely difficult. But if it works it's worth it.

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 75
  Print  

Jump to: