ZSR Forums
May 04, 2024, 05:29:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 75
  Print  
Author Topic: WW Tricks and Glitches Discussion  (Read 1224482 times)
NOKAUBURE
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #435 on: July 07, 2010, 10:14:49 AM »

I dont known if ToG can be done in 20 minutes, count the time sailing etc. But i see some good breaks in ToG.

Fairy's can be a idea to pass barrier? like the slimy thing in oot, with a fairy you can pass throw the slimy. So my idea is: put a bomb in the correct distance, so, when the bomb hits link, link doesnt touch the barrier, now fairy revive link, and link pass the barrier or get hurted to the oposed side. I need to try it. I have a GBA with cable too

Tongue
Majora MIM
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #436 on: July 07, 2010, 10:27:05 AM »

I dont known if ToG can be done in 20 minutes, count the time sailing etc. But i see some good breaks in ToG.

Fairy's can be a idea to pass barrier? like the slimy thing in oot, with a fairy you can pass throw the slimy. So my idea is: put a bomb in the correct distance, so, when the bomb hits link, link doesnt touch the barrier, now fairy revive link, and link pass the barrier or get hurted to the oposed side. I need to try it. I have a GBA with cable too

In fact we can already get behing the barrier. The problem is the invisible wall behind it.

Btw, if we find a way to skip Makar's help in WT, would it possible to skip earth temple?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 10:42:06 AM by Majora MIM » Logged

sorry for my soooo bad english.

TLOZ: complete     AOL: complete     ALTTP(GBA): 100%
LA(DX): complete   OOT/MQ/3D: 100%    MM: 100%
OOA/OOS: 100%    FS:100%   TWW:100%
 FSA: 100%     TMC: 100%     TP: 100%
PH: 100%        ST: 100%         SS: Huh
Razor
Regular Guay

Zombie Hover

« Reply #437 on: July 07, 2010, 02:39:40 PM »

So the barrier skip is the last "barrier" to a new WW speed run?

I don't have much creativity or expirience when it comes to breaking games but i'll try to see what I can find when I eventually get a file there.
Also assuming we get a barrier skip and need forest water for Light Arrow skip do we need to get the water before ToG and be quick enough to make it there in 20 mins?
I got the forest water right after collecting the BK in ToG and by the time that I beat Gohdan, solved MS puzzle, and saved, it had already been 5 mins. and I was pretty fast. I'll try to work on a forest water route for this after GT early is finished.
@MajoraMIM
It would seem so, but we'd need to get into the WT without Makar, skip the two times we need him, or find a way to get Makar to WT early.

Forest Water+Backflip=Gainers?
NOKAUBURE
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #438 on: July 07, 2010, 03:58:19 PM »

to get Makar, you need the song from the kokiri guy? or the song isnt needed?

Tongue
Razor
Regular Guay

Zombie Hover

« Reply #439 on: July 07, 2010, 04:07:09 PM »

to get Makar, you need the song from the kokiri guy? or the song isnt needed?
I don't see the problem.

Dashiamo
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #440 on: July 07, 2010, 06:25:03 PM »

In fact we can already get behing the barrier. The problem is the invisible wall behind it.

Btw, if we find a way to skip Makar's help in WT, would it possible to skip earth temple?
Wait so there is the repulsive damage barrier then immediately an invisible wall?
So if I want to help I guess I should look into a way of clipping through the wall. We need a clipping method that doesn't involve ledges?
Razor
Regular Guay

Zombie Hover

« Reply #441 on: July 07, 2010, 07:20:42 PM »

Wait so there is the repulsive damage barrier then immediately an invisible wall?
So if I want to help I guess I should look into a way of clipping through the wall. We need a clipping method that doesn't involve ledges?
Technically, there is a tiny bit of space between the RB and the invisible wall. Check it out if you're curious http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfqTH1ZrW0g. I'm doing a bit of testing with ledge clipping to see if we can clip through the barrier and the wall, though an alternative way of clipping would be nice, as my method involves zombie hover, which means I need to buy one of those cables to attach my GBA to my GC.

Slowking
Regular Guay

« Reply #442 on: July 07, 2010, 09:08:23 PM »

So the barrier skip is the last "barrier" to a new WW speed run?

I don't have much creativity or expirience when it comes to breaking games but i'll try to see what I can find when I eventually get a file there.
Also assuming we get a barrier skip and need forest water for Light Arrow skip do we need to get the water before ToG and be quick enough to make it there in 20 mins?
Well it will probably be quicker to just get quiver and light arrows.

Btw. if we were to get barriere skip would Hyrule1 be faster or EMS-Hyrule2?

which means I need to buy one of those cables to attach my GBA to my GC.
You do know that tingle won't help you in Hyrule, right?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 09:14:30 PM by Slowking » Logged

14:10 MrGrunz: keep your ass close to him
14:10   MrGrunz: and nothing can go wrong
Razor
Regular Guay

Zombie Hover

« Reply #443 on: July 07, 2010, 09:37:40 PM »

Btw. if we were to get barriere skip would Hyrule1 be faster or EMS-Hyrule2?

You do know that tingle won't help you in Hyrule, right?
Hyrule1 should be faster because I believe that H1 will be the only option to GT early. It's just an assumption for now though. I wasn't sure if tingle could help in Hyrule or not. As I don't have the cable, I also don't know the places that tingle can't help besides in GT.

Dashiamo
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #444 on: July 07, 2010, 10:11:32 PM »

Can Phantom Ganon be damaged with the hero's sword to get to the light arrows? I haven't fought him in a while but I remember having to hit him once each time to make him drop the sword.

Edit: Just realised. Do we have to get MS to get outside to barrier? If so ignore my above stupidity.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 10:16:42 PM by Dashiamo » Logged
Slowking
Regular Guay

« Reply #445 on: July 07, 2010, 10:27:40 PM »

Can Phantom Ganon be damaged with the hero's sword to get to the light arrows? I haven't fought him in a while but I remember having to hit him once each time to make him drop the sword.

Edit: Just realised. Do we have to get MS to get outside to barrier? If so ignore my above stupidity.
Phantom Ganon in FF can only be damaged with MS. So I assume that it's the same in Ganons Castle. But it should probably be tested when we have barriere skip.

If he can only be damaged by MS we will have to either do EMS or draw the MS, with all the cutscene that is involved...

Razor
Regular Guay

Zombie Hover

« Reply #446 on: July 08, 2010, 12:16:46 AM »

Phantom Ganon in FF can only be damaged with MS. So I assume that it's the same in Ganons Castle. But it should probably be tested when we have barriere skip.

If he can only be damaged by MS we will have to either do EMS or draw the MS, with all the cutscene that is involved...
I'm pretty sure that only the MS can damage PG, though any sword can damage Ganondorf. Yep, I definitly think that ToG will be faster than EMS. How long does it even take to hover to FF2 for EMS?

Phazon
Special Guay

Aaaaagh!

lol_oli_lol@hotmail.com PhazonN
Email
« Reply #447 on: July 08, 2010, 07:21:47 AM »

18 minutes-ish?

[15:48:29] <ChocolateLink> chapstick?
[15:48:59] <Phazon> yeah, i'm using it atm, you can get crazy high
Razor
Regular Guay

Zombie Hover

« Reply #448 on: July 08, 2010, 02:27:47 PM »

18 minutes-ish?
Then is it even a question that running through ToG is definitly faster than hovering to FF2 to get EMS?

Slowking
Regular Guay

« Reply #449 on: July 08, 2010, 11:04:54 PM »

Then is it even a question that running through ToG is definitly faster than hovering to FF2 to get EMS?
öhm yeah. I'm pretty sure 18 minutes-ish is from hovering into FF2 to Hyrule 2. No way hovering into FF2 takes that long... unless you have to hover from the next island. Could somebody clearify?

Anyway. EMS would save us getting Jabus Pearl, raising ToG, clearing ToG, all that cutscene crap of the master sword and clearing Hyrule castle from the enemies.
But ofcourse it would cost us hovering into FF2, clearing FF2 and that cutscene crap at Ganons and the unraised ToG.

Should be close...
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 11:35:50 PM by Slowking » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 75
  Print  

Jump to: