ZSR Forums
May 04, 2024, 01:15:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 75
  Print  
Author Topic: WW Tricks and Glitches Discussion  (Read 1224448 times)
Dashiamo
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #420 on: July 02, 2010, 10:14:41 PM »

so yeah... ToG/hyrule 1 skip dead ends in hyrule 3. you can't destroy the barrier. :/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vODpzjNc0M

So what if we complete ToG and skip the barrier during hyrule 1. Can we then go on to skip trials, light arrow skip, puppet ganon skip and then beat gannondorf with hero sword and shield?
AniMeowzerz
Special Guay

Meow, and... stuff.

AniMeowzerz@hotmail.com AniMeowzerz
Email
« Reply #421 on: July 02, 2010, 10:31:59 PM »

So what if we complete ToG and skip the barrier during hyrule 1. Can we then go on to skip trials, light arrow skip, puppet ganon skip and then beat gannondorf with hero sword and shield?
assuming we could get past the barrier, yes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
NOKAUBURE
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #422 on: July 03, 2010, 09:00:54 AM »

why cant past the barrier with zombie hover? there are a invisibe ceilling or anything like these? Collection delay cant help? This barrier sucks Sad

Tongue
Marcus
« Reply #423 on: July 03, 2010, 11:10:57 AM »

why cant past the barrier with zombie hover? there are a invisibe ceilling or anything like these? Collection delay cant help? This barrier sucks Sad
There's no way to hover all the way up without getting hit by the barrier.
Razor
Regular Guay

Zombie Hover

« Reply #424 on: July 03, 2010, 01:32:16 PM »

There's no way to hover all the way up without getting hit by the barrier.
Marcus is right Nokaubure. The barrier is too high, has a ceiling, and zombie hover is far from being vertical, which means you'll hit the barrier every time. Collection delay has already been tested and it doesn't do anything.

Forest Water+Backflip=Gainers?
Majora MIM
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #425 on: July 03, 2010, 01:38:51 PM »

I have no video of it yet but I've almost done hero sword skip in FF1...
Go all the way up on the middle tower, take damage from the bokoblin then pick a stick.
From the tower you can face the door that leads to helmaroc cutscene and jump down on the wood boat (the one you use for Gossip text skip). Link will take 1/4 damage and keep the stick so you can quickly do a sidehop and start mashing B for zombie hover. It requires insanely fast mashing (but possible I think) to reach the top of FF. With the good angle I'm sure we can reach the loading zone and skip 70% of FF1 (and maybe the sword that would surely lead to interesting results).

It's really hard to start the sidejump-stick-hover because of the very short frame windows before dying from fall damage. I get it one time for 20 tries. So if someone with a turbo controller could try to, it would be nice.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 02:04:02 PM by Majora MIM » Logged

sorry for my soooo bad english.

TLOZ: complete     AOL: complete     ALTTP(GBA): 100%
LA(DX): complete   OOT/MQ/3D: 100%    MM: 100%
OOA/OOS: 100%    FS:100%   TWW:100%
 FSA: 100%     TMC: 100%     TP: 100%
PH: 100%        ST: 100%         SS: Huh
Razor
Regular Guay

Zombie Hover

« Reply #426 on: July 04, 2010, 05:57:58 PM »

Happy 4th of July! Grin Grin Grin

GlitchesAndStuff
Site Editor
Special Guay

Feel free to ask me anything

« Reply #427 on: July 06, 2010, 05:10:20 PM »

I have no video of it yet but I've almost done hero sword skip in FF1...
Go all the way up on the middle tower, take damage from the bokoblin then pick a stick.
From the tower you can face the door that leads to helmaroc cutscene and jump down on the wood boat (the one you use for Gossip text skip). Link will take 1/4 damage and keep the stick so you can quickly do a sidehop and start mashing B for zombie hover. It requires insanely fast mashing (but possible I think) to reach the top of FF. With the good angle I'm sure we can reach the loading zone and skip 70% of FF1 (and maybe the sword that would surely lead to interesting results).

It's really hard to start the sidejump-stick-hover because of the very short frame windows before dying from fall damage. I get it one time for 20 tries. So if someone with a turbo controller could try to, it would be nice.

Okay, I've just done it on Dolphin (hard to get it, took me ages). I'm on windfall now with no hearts. what should I try or do next.

so, a few things It would be cool to try is going back for hero's sword (from FF) after getting MS, not sure how possible this is because you kinda need the sword for quite a lot before you can get MS (or even skull hammer)

not a clue what to do, but first thing's first, get sail and go to DRI
KlydeStorm
Regular Guay

« Reply #428 on: July 06, 2010, 09:05:55 PM »

Wind Temple in 16 minutes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzUY5ztTZxY

Skips a Small Key, and never rescues Makar.
Razor
Regular Guay

Zombie Hover

« Reply #429 on: July 06, 2010, 09:08:02 PM »

Okay, I've just done it on Dolphin (hard to get it, took me ages). I'm on windfall now with no hearts. what should I try or do next.

so, a few things It would be cool to try is going back for hero's sword (from FF) after getting MS, not sure how possible this is because you kinda need the sword for quite a lot before you can get MS (or even skull hammer)

not a clue what to do, but first thing's first, get sail and go to DRI
Out of curiousity, would it be possible to hover to Ganon's chamber and get EMS a lot earlier?
Anyway, got a new theory for GT early. As Paraxade has proven, 2/2 MS is not what causes the RB to break. My theory being that the two things that do trigger the RB breaking CS are:
A.) 0/2 MS having been drawn with or without completing H1
B.) Darknut CS in MS Chamber having been activated and/or completed
The idea is that if we can find a way to activate the Darknut CS early--during H1 or otherwise--then the RB can be broken with 0/2 MS, though I do need ideas for activating this CS early. Any suggestions?  Huh

KlydeStorm
Regular Guay

« Reply #430 on: July 06, 2010, 09:24:10 PM »

Out of curiousity, would it be possible to hover to Ganon's chamber and get EMS a lot earlier?

No. Ganondorf's chamber is in the same map as the Helmaroc battle, which is loaded when you go into the door at the end. In FF1, a scene starts there automatically, of course, so no chance of that...

But on the subject of the barrier breaking, 2/2 MS is DEFINITELY a flag. I tested it before, and none of the other swords can break the barrier, even at the point where 2/2 MS can.

Also, it's no theory that the Darknuts in the MS chamber being dead is a flag, it most certainly is a flag. The Darknut scene is triggered when you have the full Triforce, so we need the Triforce there, too. Also, the scene that opens the warp to Hyrule 3 is triggered when we have the full Triforce and 2/2 MS.
Razor
Regular Guay

Zombie Hover

« Reply #431 on: July 06, 2010, 09:33:15 PM »

No. Ganondorf's chamber is in the same map as the Helmaroc battle, which is loaded when you go into the door at the end. In FF1, a scene starts there automatically, of course, so no chance of that...

But on the subject of the barrier breaking, 2/2 MS is DEFINITELY a flag. I tested it before, and none of the other swords can break the barrier, even at the point where 2/2 MS can.

Also, it's no theory that the Darknuts in the MS chamber being dead is a flag, it most certainly is a flag. The Darknut scene is triggered when you have the full Triforce, so we need the Triforce there, too. Also, the scene that opens the warp to Hyrule 3 is triggered when we have the full Triforce and 2/2 MS.
It was just a small idea, no big deal. I guess I'll just keep on trying to come up with other theories on this break.

Paraxade
Special Guay

paraxade@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #432 on: July 06, 2010, 09:51:44 PM »

Klyde has done extensive testing on this so I tend to believe him when he talks about these things. My understanding of Hyrule 3 is-

-To be able to enter the warp to go to Hyrule 3, you need 2/2 MS and the completed Triforce.
-For the Darknuts to be in the basement, you need the completed Triforce.
-To make the electrical barrier in the main room in the castle disappear, you need to kill the Darknuts in the basement.
-To destroy the barrier, you need 2/2 MS and for the electrical barrier in the main room to disappear.

The reason it's broken when you skip Hyrule 1 is because the electrical barrier never appears, meaning the flag for it disappearing is never set, which therefore makes it impossible to destroy the barrier. So without barrier skip we absolutely need to properly draw the MS to beat the game. One possible solution we did some testing on was trying to pull the MS in Hyrule 2. While it is possible to get into the basement in its Hyrule 1 state during Hyrule 2, when you try to approach the MS, either the game freezes, or nothing happens. So it seems rather unlikely the ToG/Hyrule 1 skip is going to happen unless we get barrier skip, which negates everything that went into the ToG/Hyrule 1 skip anyway. Pretty shitty. The only way there will ever be a major (and helpful for speedrunning) break in Wind Waker will be barrier skip - at this point, being able to get past the barrier would let us finish the game during Hyrule 1, which will effectively skip absolutely everything following ToG - no FF2, Earth Temple, Wind Temple, or Triforce hunt. Getting past the barrier is going to require either some absurd precision and ingenuity, or a new clipping technique. I took a look at it a bit earlier and came up with a couple theories but mostly ended up empty, maybe I'll try again sometime soon.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 09:54:47 PM by Paraxade » Logged
Razor
Regular Guay

Zombie Hover

« Reply #433 on: July 06, 2010, 11:15:53 PM »

The only way there will ever be a major (and helpful for speedrunning) break in Wind Waker will be barrier skip - at this point, being able to get past the barrier would let us finish the game during Hyrule 1, which will effectively skip absolutely everything following ToG - no FF2, Earth Temple, Wind Temple, or Triforce hunt. Getting past the barrier is going to require either some absurd precision and ingenuity, or a new clipping technique. I took a look at it a bit earlier and came up with a couple theories but mostly ended up empty, maybe I'll try again sometime soon.
That's why I'm spending so much time on it. The truth about WW is that zombie hover can't get us everywhere, so we need to find some new stuff.

Dashiamo
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #434 on: July 07, 2010, 09:29:59 AM »

So the barrier skip is the last "barrier" to a new WW speed run?

I don't have much creativity or expirience when it comes to breaking games but i'll try to see what I can find when I eventually get a file there.
Also assuming we get a barrier skip and need forest water for Light Arrow skip do we need to get the water before ToG and be quick enough to make it there in 20 mins?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 09:31:55 AM by Dashiamo » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 75
  Print  

Jump to: