ZSR Forums
May 04, 2024, 08:00:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 75
  Print  
Author Topic: WW Tricks and Glitches Discussion  (Read 1224407 times)
KlydeStorm
Regular Guay

« Reply #405 on: June 29, 2010, 10:54:01 PM »

I think I've figured out how to corrupt cutscenes in WW.

... Aren't you going to tell us?
Razor
Regular Guay

Zombie Hover

« Reply #406 on: June 29, 2010, 11:42:16 PM »

... Aren't you going to tell us?
Wow Klyde. This is the first time I recall you being interested in one of my theories. Of course I'll tell you. I just came up with the idea this evening, so I'll test it tomorrow. I also think that in an any% run we are going to need two bottles, but the bottle submarine is on the way from DR to FH so it shouldn't cost much time.

Forest Water+Backflip=Gainers?
KlydeStorm
Regular Guay

« Reply #407 on: June 30, 2010, 01:44:47 AM »

I'm somewhat interested by what you call it (though I don't think it'll live up to that name), but how could I ever show any interest in any of your theories when you never actually share anything about them besides what they might do? We hear one thing about them, and then never again until you eventually say how your theory worked after someone finds something. It's really aggravating. At least share what your theory was after you test it if you're worried about credit. Maybe someone else would have an idea of what to do with it. Stop keeping secrets.
Lexkeeta
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #408 on: June 30, 2010, 01:49:48 AM »

Wow Klyde. This is the first time I recall you being interested in one of my theories. Of course I'll tell you.
I just came up with the idea this evening, so I'll test it tomorrow. I also think that in an any% run we are going to need two bottles, but the bottle submarine is on the way from DR to FH so it shouldn't cost much time.

...wtf

Slowking
Regular Guay

« Reply #409 on: June 30, 2010, 02:13:39 AM »

Awe, I see it now. I don't always remeber all the acronyms. I don't think that EMS will be of use in a speedrun because if its various crashes, but through in a P after the E and then you'll see something more useful.
ähm various? The only ones I'm aware of are sounding the bell on tog and the master sword room. but the master sword room not consistently.
We'd never visit any of these places if we had barrier skip.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 02:22:44 AM by Slowking » Logged

14:10 MrGrunz: keep your ass close to him
14:10   MrGrunz: and nothing can go wrong
Razor
Regular Guay

Zombie Hover

« Reply #410 on: June 30, 2010, 02:17:55 PM »

I'm somewhat interested by what you call it (though I don't think it'll live up to that name), but how could I ever show any interest in any of your theories when you never actually share anything about them besides what they might do? We hear one thing about them, and then never again until you eventually say how your theory worked after someone finds something. It's really aggravating. At least share what your theory was after you test it if you're worried about credit. Maybe someone else would have an idea of what to do with it. Stop keeping secrets.
I have tried to give out my ideas for testing, but no one ever shows any interest. Then a few weeks later someone finds something with a theory practically identical to mine and gives me no credit for idea help. It's more aggravating for me then for any of you. I don't make false find claims. I still need to test it but here's my plan: I was thinking the other day that there has to be some way of distorting/corrupting the cutscene where you draw the MS, which made me think of OoT. The only recapturable bottle item in WW is the forest firefly, so I was thinking of doing corruption similar to OoT.
Hopefully, here's where I'll probably lose you, by corrupting the scene you'll be able to draw the MS, but not activate the cutscene so it's still in the pedestal. Drawing it multiple times with this could--hopefully-- result in EPMS; game overiting. This is the most likely of my many EPMS+GT early theories.
@Slowking
I hope this also helps you get the idea.

KlydeStorm
Regular Guay

« Reply #411 on: June 30, 2010, 03:29:36 PM »

I have tried to give out my ideas for testing, but no one ever shows any interest.

Well, generally, you have to give us an idea of what it is you're doing before we can show interest.

I still need to test it but here's my plan: I was thinking the other day that there has to be some way of distorting/corrupting the cutscene where you draw the MS, which made me think of OoT. The only recapturable bottle item in WW is the forest firefly, so I was thinking of doing corruption similar to OoT.
Hopefully, here's where I'll probably lose you, by corrupting the scene you'll be able to draw the MS, but not activate the cutscene so it's still in the pedestal. Drawing it multiple times with this could--hopefully-- result in EPMS; game overiting. This is the most likely of my many EPMS+GT early theories.

Yeah, corruption isn't really the right word, it's more of displacing Link during the scenes to potentially mess them up.

I'm not sure that will work, because the moment the scene starts, it changes the flag that removes the Master Sword from the pedestal. I know this because when you try to use Storage on the scene, the scene will start anyways, and Link will get crushed (for some reason), and the Master Sword is gone. You don't even get it, so you're trapped forever.

Another thing though, I don't think getting it multiple times will "upgrade" it, as the Hero's Sword, 0/2 Master Sword, 1/2 Master Sword, and 2/2 Master Sword are all different items. The scenes that give them to you do just that, give you that item. It isn't the same item being upgraded. So, if we can somehow fight Molgera with say, the 0/2 Master Sword, we'll get 2/2 Master Sword rather than the 1/2 Master Sword. The game was programmed in a way that you couldn't get the power ups out of order.

However, I like the idea of using the Forest Firefly similar to the Fish to mess up scenes like in OoT. Unfortunately, what I'm thinking, is that the bottle swinging has higher priority over the scene, and it'll put the scene trigger off until after the animation ends.

You should still definitely test it.
Razor
Regular Guay

Zombie Hover

« Reply #412 on: June 30, 2010, 06:17:34 PM »

You should still definitely test it.
I did a little bit of testing with it today and the problem with it is that Link doesn't lurch forward while swinging the bottle like he does in OoT. I'm trying to come up with other theories concerning forest fireflies, but don't really have any yet. If you have any suggestions please feel free to tell me and I'll test them.

Dashiamo
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #413 on: June 30, 2010, 09:42:06 PM »

I'm not sure if it's possible but can you use a bomb to push you over the trigger then use the bottle?

Another idea is if you can hover to the trigger then use a bottle the frame you hit the ground to activate the CS.

I'm not sure if anything I'm saying is at all possible but I'm just throwing out ideas. I haven't had any time to really try stuff myself.
Razor
Regular Guay

Zombie Hover

« Reply #414 on: June 30, 2010, 10:22:02 PM »

I'm not sure if it's possible but can you use a bomb to push you over the trigger then use the bottle?

Another idea is if you can hover to the trigger then use a bottle the frame you hit the ground to activate the CS.

I'm not sure if anything I'm saying is at all possible but I'm just throwing out ideas. I haven't had any time to really try stuff myself.
I also had the idea of using a bomb to push link into the cutscene. I'll test it, but I don't think it will work. You don't really need to hover to the cutscene activation you can just use the deku leaf, but I never thought of trying to use the bottle the second link hits the ground; it's probably TAS timing though, with either hover or the DL.

MrSparkle
Regular Guay

Hair Dye

linktetraww
« Reply #415 on: July 01, 2010, 08:56:21 AM »

From what I see, TAS timing is more than just a 1 frame window to hit a button. Once you get to any real level of difficulty, that can be commonplace. If that is TAS timing, then Jiano pulling off TAS level input to duplicate bottles in the ss. Mind you, its not a trick you can keep doing in an ss, but a lot of segmenting tricks fit that just as well...

May get a recorder at year's end...
Razor
Regular Guay

Zombie Hover

« Reply #416 on: July 01, 2010, 04:06:17 PM »

I just came up with a new idea today. If the ganondorf cutscene in FF2 gives you 0/2 MS early, then would a cutscene involving 2/2 MS give you EPMS? The only possible cutscene I could think of for this was the duel darknut battle in the MS room possibly. I'm not sure if it would give us EPMS and/or if it could be triggered early.

KlydeStorm
Regular Guay

« Reply #417 on: July 01, 2010, 05:19:37 PM »

The only possible cutscene I could think of for this was the duel darknut battle in the MS room possibly. I'm not sure if it would give us EPMS and/or if it could be triggered early.

It doesn't.
Razor
Regular Guay

Zombie Hover

« Reply #418 on: July 01, 2010, 06:51:05 PM »

It doesn't.
Thanks for telling me. I'm still testing a few ideas for early GT, but nothing is working. I'm really trying to avoid using forest water so we can still skip the light arrow.

Paraxade
Special Guay

paraxade@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #419 on: July 02, 2010, 09:14:44 PM »

so yeah... ToG/hyrule 1 skip dead ends in hyrule 3. you can't destroy the barrier. :/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vODpzjNc0M
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 75
  Print  

Jump to: