ZSR Forums
May 04, 2024, 12:49:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 75
  Print  
Author Topic: WW Tricks and Glitches Discussion  (Read 1224445 times)
Majora MIM
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #390 on: June 28, 2010, 09:56:57 AM »

So what are the current theories on early Ganons tower?

The goal of Ganon's tower early is to hover (or clip) over the repulsive barrier all around the castle.
There could be some options to test:
-Change direction during hovering, then you may can hover high enough to get behind. But there's no known way to turn in hover.
-Clip behind the wall that is behind the barrier. But Kazooie tested to walk on the other side and said that there's a force pushing you back to the castle.

note: I've already tried to hover inside the bridge.

sorry for my soooo bad english.

TLOZ: complete     AOL: complete     ALTTP(GBA): 100%
LA(DX): complete   OOT/MQ/3D: 100%    MM: 100%
OOA/OOS: 100%    FS:100%   TWW:100%
 FSA: 100%     TMC: 100%     TP: 100%
PH: 100%        ST: 100%         SS: Huh
Paraxade
Special Guay

paraxade@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #391 on: June 28, 2010, 10:51:50 AM »

you can't hover high enough to get over the tower. for some reason the barrier actually has a ceiling.
Kazooie
Special Guay

Oot 3DS!!!!

Kazooiebombchu
« Reply #392 on: June 28, 2010, 11:10:12 AM »

You cannot? I can easily levitate there. Or does it make some difference?

BTW really good job to breaking WW guys! I love all of you ^^

More information for that ganon castle early. About that barrier thing and that force what I sayed. I tested it more and I levitated over of that barrier thing. Then dropped other side of it and walked there. There was no any force to push you. When I get to the ganon's castle and got out then there is that barrier hurting you. That barrier is like that barrier around hyrule castle. It keep hurting link and he will always keep falling towards to hyrule castle. I hope this will help you guys.

My stream and youtube channel. Be sure to check them out and leave comments. Have fun!!!
http://www.twitch.tv/kazooiebombchu
http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=Kazooie
Currently working on: DKC3 105% segmented speedrun and racing games
Razor
Regular Guay

Zombie Hover

« Reply #393 on: June 28, 2010, 02:12:29 PM »

you can't hover high enough to get over the tower. for some reason the barrier actually has a ceiling.
I think we need to come up with new ways of ganon's castle early because the barrier is obviously to high to hover over. I have a better plan to test today. This will be the final key to speedrunning WW.

Forest Water+Backflip=Gainers?
Slowking
Regular Guay

« Reply #394 on: June 28, 2010, 02:27:48 PM »

-Clip behind the wall that is behind the barrier. But Kazooie tested to walk on the other side and said that there's a force pushing you back to the castle.
Well I found this video on chutube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJCOYXy67bk&playnext_from=TL&videos=E6zatMU75Mw
Now hes using cheats to clip through, but even before he uses the speed cheat he only gets knocked back, not pulled to the castle.

Isn't there maybe an enemy somewhere behind there that could spawn a heart, so we don't have to change directions during the hover?

Btw. is there really no way to WW/Tetra clip through the damage barrier and then forest water clip through the invisible wall?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 02:31:46 PM by Slowking » Logged

14:10 MrGrunz: keep your ass close to him
14:10   MrGrunz: and nothing can go wrong
Razor
Regular Guay

Zombie Hover

« Reply #395 on: June 28, 2010, 03:20:22 PM »

Btw. is there really no way to WW/Tetra clip through the damage barrier and then forest water clip through the invisible wall?
It would be somewhat pointless to use forest water to clip through the invisible wall because then we couldn't skip the light arrow/Phantom Ganon. Even so, there's no chest to use for storage for the clip.

Marcus
« Reply #396 on: June 28, 2010, 04:44:58 PM »

I've tried that and atleast I couldn't get it to work.
KlydeStorm
Regular Guay

« Reply #397 on: June 28, 2010, 09:07:19 PM »

More information for that ganon castle early. About that barrier thing and that force what I sayed. I tested it more and I levitated over of that barrier thing. Then dropped other side of it and walked there. There was no any force to push you. When I get to the ganon's castle and got out then there is that barrier hurting you. That barrier is like that barrier around hyrule castle. It keep hurting link and he will always keep falling towards to hyrule castle. I hope this will help you guys.

The damage barrier extends everywhere outside of the circle around Hyrule Castle. You can cancel it by using the Wind Waker on the exact frame you stop flashing, just like you can up by the invisible wall.
Razor
Regular Guay

Zombie Hover

« Reply #398 on: June 28, 2010, 09:15:06 PM »

The damage barrier extends everywhere outside of the circle around Hyrule Castle. You can cancel it by using the Wind Waker on the exact frame you stop flashing, just like you can up by the invisible wall.
I don't thinking clipping through the barrier/invisible wall is going to be an option.

Dashiamo
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #399 on: June 28, 2010, 09:31:11 PM »

So just to be sure. Early tower is straight after ToG before we grab MS and restore colour?
Just wanted to be sure so next time I get the chance I can play a file up until that point for testing.

Also for anyone who can emulate WW can you post your specs because my comp doesn't seem to be able to run it fast enough to make it playable
Razor
Regular Guay

Zombie Hover

« Reply #400 on: June 28, 2010, 09:45:46 PM »

So just to be sure. Early tower is straight after ToG before we grab MS and restore colour?
Just wanted to be sure so next time I get the chance I can play a file up until that point for testing.
Early GT is either then or after FF2, of which it would be more beneficial after completing ToG.

Slowking
Regular Guay

« Reply #401 on: June 29, 2010, 08:12:28 AM »

Early GT is either then or after FF2, of which it would be more beneficial after completing ToG.
? ems -> ganons tower should be more beneficial.

Razor
Regular Guay

Zombie Hover

« Reply #402 on: June 29, 2010, 03:38:31 PM »

? ems -> ganons tower should be more beneficial.
I'm sorry, Slowking, but I don't understand your question.

Slowking
Regular Guay

« Reply #403 on: June 29, 2010, 08:28:09 PM »

Not a question, a statement.

Razor
Regular Guay

Zombie Hover

« Reply #404 on: June 29, 2010, 09:16:20 PM »

Not a question, a statement.
Awe, I see it now. I don't always remeber all the acronyms. I don't think that EMS will be of use in a speedrun because if its various crashes, but through in a P after the E and then you'll see something more useful.

EDIT:
I think I've figured out how to corrupt cutscenes in WW.

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 75
  Print  

Jump to: