ZSR Forums
May 04, 2024, 07:51:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 75
  Print  
Author Topic: WW Tricks and Glitches Discussion  (Read 1224511 times)
AniMeowzerz
Special Guay

Meow, and... stuff.

AniMeowzerz@hotmail.com AniMeowzerz
Email
« Reply #705 on: December 16, 2011, 09:37:41 PM »

The area exists at the top but there isn't anything you can do up there IIRC. The instance where you ring the bell is a separate area than the one on the great sea.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #706 on: December 17, 2011, 02:43:23 AM »

That's pretty interesting. Another thing I thought of when I first heard about CD-Streaming; Can't we stream through the back of Outset and nab the Blue Pearl right after KoRL allows you to go anywhere? I'm sure the loading zone will work. I'm without my GC at the moments so I cannot test this my self

Razor7581
Site Editor
Special Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #707 on: December 17, 2011, 03:03:39 PM »

That's pretty interesting. Another thing I thought of when I first heard about CD-Streaming; Can't we stream through the back of Outset and nab the Blue Pearl right after KoRL allows you to go anywhere? I'm sure the loading zone will work. I'm without my GC at the moments so I cannot test this my self
Sorry Tom but that won't work for two reasons. A) CD-Streaming is illegal in speedruns. B) The loading zone for that cutscene sequence is triggered by blowing up the rock, so even if you get back there one way or another, the sequence of receiving the pearl will not initiate.

Rescue Tetra before FF1: is new to me. Did you just find this out?
Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #708 on: December 17, 2011, 04:30:39 PM »

I was aware of it being illegal in runs :] and strange that it requires being blown up, good job by Big N enforcing the bomb requirement :O

GlitchesAndStuff
Site Editor
Special Guay

Feel free to ask me anything

« Reply #709 on: December 18, 2011, 10:02:04 PM »

On the same topic, if you use forest water to store the cutscene of breaking the last rock, you get a dead end because you can never talk to jabun ever
Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #710 on: December 18, 2011, 10:26:18 PM »

That's one solid sequence

brynnagiadrosich
Regular Guay

This is my own personal text. You cannot have it.

WWW Email
« Reply #711 on: December 20, 2011, 08:29:55 PM »

Yeah, I've hovered up to ToG before to try that--you can walk around up there, even ring the bell, but it's completely silent. It's kind of eerie.

"To know what is right and choose to ignore it is the act of a coward."

Goal: To speed run Twilight Princess 100%
http://www.youtube.com/user/brynnagiadrosich
Razor7581
Site Editor
Special Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #712 on: January 07, 2012, 02:32:26 AM »

I haven't seem this before, but it looks like a way to do chest storage off of cutscene chests without your screen turning pitch black; this gives text storage a use & allows for cabana deed skip with the chest on the island:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKDU17PnflQ

GlitchesAndStuff
Site Editor
Special Guay

Feel free to ask me anything

« Reply #713 on: January 07, 2012, 05:15:51 PM »

I haven't seem this before, but it looks like a way to do chest storage off of cutscene chests without your screen turning pitch black; this gives text storage a use & allows for cabana deed skip with the chest on the island:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKDU17PnflQ

I already knew about this, but It might just be me not realizing that everyone else knows Tongue

but seriously, once you're practiced a little bit it's not all that hard in the dark
Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #714 on: January 16, 2012, 10:51:38 PM »

Since there is no Q/A thread I'll ask here: Is the new game plus illegal in any% runs?

Fairly sure i know the answer
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 10:54:05 PM by Tom Nook » Logged

Razor7581
Site Editor
Special Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #715 on: January 17, 2012, 01:38:39 AM »

Since there is no Q/A thread I'll ask here: Is the new game plus illegal in any% runs?

Fairly sure i know the answer

If you're talking about TWW, which I assume you are, there isn't really a new game plus. But as far as any% in games that do have NG+, it would have to be a separate any% category, and would probably be more for fun than as a serious run. (Except for IL's.)

Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #716 on: January 17, 2012, 11:29:07 PM »

If you're talking about TWW, which I assume you are, there isn't really a new game plus. But as far as any% in games that do have NG+, it would have to be a separate any% category, and would probably be more for fun than as a serious run. (Except for IL's.)
By NG+ I meant 2nd Playthrough with Crawfish shirt. Bonus 2nd playthroughs are being called New Game Plus on more recent games I get confused. I'm also wondering about turbo controlllers (hovering) and having someone on the tingle tuner.

I don't have acess to my Cube right now but a Z Hover up to Ganon's ship in FF been tested? Since there is only a door it should be able to be reached. game could crash or we can catch the next gold light to Hyrule Castle early
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 01:18:23 AM by Tom Nook » Logged

Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #717 on: January 22, 2012, 06:40:28 PM »

From our previous conversation; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tWjI9b_Ui0&lc=9JvLC6CEvrYZYAAB6eGRc8R-9PpiYSOej7PXsEor5fA&feature=inbox

Jabun early from game start

Edit: Zombie Hovering up to Gannons Lair results in you seeing a dissappointing mosh of textures you can clip through, and the Bird platform for the 2nd visit fight is non-existent.

Edit 2: Link can make an easy swim there
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 06:45:30 PM by Tom Nook » Logged

Razor7581
Site Editor
Special Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #718 on: January 23, 2012, 01:50:36 AM »

Jabun early from game start
Not to mean sound mean, Tom, but you can just swim to that entrance at that point instead.

Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #719 on: January 23, 2012, 06:40:12 PM »

I've learned that =D still it was good hover practice, it was my night trying it. Realized how broken most scenes are

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 75
  Print  

Jump to: