ZSR Forums
May 08, 2024, 01:27:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 75
  Print  
Author Topic: WW Tricks and Glitches Discussion  (Read 1225764 times)
GlitchesAndStuff
Site Editor
Special Guay

Feel free to ask me anything

« Reply #540 on: July 27, 2010, 11:08:36 AM »

So guys, I just realised, I don't need to go all the way to the earth temple/wind temple to get sword with BiT.

I can just do the FF1 hero's sword skip with GS text skip. before the 2nd pirate ship, I'll get some forest water and make my way up to the hero's sword that I didn't pick up on my first trip to FF1.

Right.... this is going to take some thinking...

I'll need to BiT the bow and then go complete FF1 using GS text skip AND without picking up the sword (by defeating the last enemy with the bow) then I'll need to go complete DRC without a sword and then go to the deku tree and kill all the chus on his face with the bow. then I'll have to go to forbidden woods and kill the enemies there with the bow then beat the temple. then I'll have to bottle some forest water and sail to GFI. then I'll sail to windfall and enter the pirate ship. this should give me atleast 5-10 mins left on my forest water. the pirate ship will turn into the FF1 pirate ship and I'll go back to FF1 with the sword still there. I'll make my way up to the sword again and wait for the forest water to run out so I can do BiT with hero's sword..

And then finally I'll have a sword right at the start of the game and it would skip the telescope and the tunic providing I can actually save tetra before the cutscene where she falls into the forest. and I geuss it would be fun to play around with. it might also mean you can do BiT with tunic after that or BiT with telescope.

Edit: I've also been thinking of places where BiT arrows might have some odd effects. for example, getting the ballad of gales way before ToG might be strange. or light arrows (because this will hopefully give you ice/fire too) because you can get the iron boots or power bracelet early.

Edit 2: okay, I've just tried BiT with the bow and It doesn't work. Theres no bow when I press start. I'm not sure why it doesn't work and a heart piece does but that's the fact. I'll try again later but if bow doesn't work then i'm sure theres another item we can use in the place of bow, or we could do the FF1 hover to skip hero sword and find ways arround the places you need to kill enemies in forbidden woods . OR, and I'm not too sure about this one, we can go get bombs with superswim and complete forbiden woods with bombs. although after you get the bombs, i'm not too sure if the pirate ship we need dissapears from windfall or if it dissapears after you get jabun's pearl.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 01:12:29 PM by GlitchesAndStuff » Logged
NOKAUBURE
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #541 on: July 27, 2010, 05:14:56 PM »

OR, and I'm not too sure about this one, we can go get bombs with superswim and complete forbiden woods with bombs
from where? from fairys? because they cost 1000 rupees at the start I think...

Tongue
Razor
Regular Guay

Zombie Hover

« Reply #542 on: July 27, 2010, 05:33:02 PM »

So guys, I just realised, I don't need to go all the way to the earth temple/wind temple to get sword with BiT.

I can just do the FF1 hero's sword skip with GS text skip. before the 2nd pirate ship, I'll get some forest water and make my way up to the hero's sword that I didn't pick up on my first trip to FF1.

Right.... this is going to take some thinking...

I'll need to BiT the bow and then go complete FF1 using GS text skip AND without picking up the sword (by defeating the last enemy with the bow) then I'll need to go complete DRC without a sword and then go to the deku tree and kill all the chus on his face with the bow. then I'll have to go to forbidden woods and kill the enemies there with the bow then beat the temple. then I'll have to bottle some forest water and sail to GFI. then I'll sail to windfall and enter the pirate ship. this should give me atleast 5-10 mins left on my forest water. the pirate ship will turn into the FF1 pirate ship and I'll go back to FF1 with the sword still there. I'll make my way up to the sword again and wait for the forest water to run out so I can do BiT with hero's sword..

And then finally I'll have a sword right at the start of the game and it would skip the telescope and the tunic providing I can actually save tetra before the cutscene where she falls into the forest. and I geuss it would be fun to play around with. it might also mean you can do BiT with tunic after that or BiT with telescope.

Edit: I've also been thinking of places where BiT arrows might have some odd effects. for example, getting the ballad of gales way before ToG might be strange. or light arrows (because this will hopefully give you ice/fire too) because you can get the iron boots or power bracelet early.

Edit 2: okay, I've just tried BiT with the bow and It doesn't work. Theres no bow when I press start. I'm not sure why it doesn't work and a heart piece does but that's the fact. I'll try again later but if bow doesn't work then i'm sure theres another item we can use in the place of bow, or we could do the FF1 hover to skip hero sword and find ways arround the places you need to kill enemies in forbidden woods . OR, and I'm not too sure about this one, we can go get bombs with superswim and complete forbiden woods with bombs. although after you get the bombs, i'm not too sure if the pirate ship we need dissapears from windfall or if it dissapears after you get jabun's pearl.
Looks like you've put some thought into all this.

Forest Water+Backflip=Gainers?
GlitchesAndStuff
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #543 on: July 28, 2010, 12:42:08 PM »

okay, I've tried to BiT the hammer and it doesn't work. and nor does bow. so I'm geussing main items in chests don't work. However the leaf does work (although it's impossible to then save that BiT file with the leaf on it). and because you have to pick up the leaf, I'm hoping FF1 hero's sword will work too.

so I'm afraid we've got a dead end here until somone can do this FF1 hover trick. since BiT doesn't work on emu, we can only do it on console. I need to work on my hovering skills and I will get this on console one day XD but I'm sure one of you pros like ani or cosmo will get it sooner.

you need to do GS text skip at the start then you need to hover into the loading zone of what would be the helmaroc fight in FF2. alternatively, you could hover into one of the hearts right outside the door and beat the enemy with the stick you have.

Edit: some people have been saying that by SDA's standards BiT won't be useful because timing starts from the pre-BiT file. I agree with this however I just thought of something that may make it useful. if we could do BiT at FF1 and then make it past the GS text and save, I think it would mean that when you savewarp to outset and get on the pirate ship again, it would have bombs in it and be on windfall. correct me if I'm wrong but it's what I thought.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 12:49:07 PM by GlitchesAndStuff » Logged
Razor
Regular Guay

Zombie Hover

« Reply #544 on: July 28, 2010, 02:21:17 PM »

Edit: some people have been saying that by SDA's standards BiT won't be useful because timing starts from the pre-BiT file. I agree with this however I just thought of something that may make it useful. if we could do BiT at FF1 and then make it past the GS text and save, I think it would mean that when you savewarp to outset and get on the pirate ship again, it would have bombs in it and be on windfall. correct me if I'm wrong but it's what I thought.
Not sure about the pirate ship cause we probably won't be that lucky. But, it's worth a try. Even if BiT turns out not to be very useful it would still be fun to mess around with.

Manocheese
Regular Guay

avgshyuisopd
WWW Email
« Reply #545 on: July 28, 2010, 08:58:29 PM »

Question about 0 heart WW dive: At what point will the barrier hit you back?  As soon as you reach the height of the very bottom of the barrier or higher?  I was thinking it might be possible to hover low until you pass Ganon's Castle loading zone then start gaining height and have the barrier knock you into the loading zone, but I'm guessing the barrier will hit you before you can reach that height/distance from the loading zone.  just an idea.

The barrier has no bottom. It extends infinitely up and down. Think of an infinitely tall cylinder around the castle. Once you leave that cylinder, you can be hit by the barrier.

we are on the verge of discovering a fully optimized barrier skip
Razor
Regular Guay

Zombie Hover

« Reply #546 on: July 29, 2010, 01:15:24 AM »

Finally got the forest water glitch I found uploaded http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzmw3guaedQ. I have solved the problems with my camera!

GlitchesAndStuff
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #547 on: July 29, 2010, 10:52:49 AM »

The barrier has no bottom. It extends infinitely up and down. Think of an infinitely tall cylinder around the castle. Once you leave that cylinder, you can be hit by the barrier.

no, you're wrong. the soldid cylinder around hyrule does stop. that's why you can get past it with leaf. and the damage barrier has a floor (but it still knocks you back when you get below that floor)
Razor
Regular Guay

Zombie Hover

« Reply #548 on: July 29, 2010, 02:42:26 PM »

no, you're wrong. the soldid cylinder around hyrule does stop. that's why you can get past it with leaf. and the damage barrier has a floor (but it still knocks you back when you get below that floor)
Seems like an interesting thing to note. It would really be nice if we could find a way to get on the ledge without the hookshot.

Manocheese
Regular Guay

avgshyuisopd
WWW Email
« Reply #549 on: July 29, 2010, 08:10:15 PM »

I'm talking about the damage barrier that knocks Link down, not the invisible wall. That should have been obvious from my post and ZFG's. What you're talking about is a ceiling, not a floor.

we are on the verge of discovering a fully optimized barrier skip
GlitchesAndStuff
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #550 on: July 30, 2010, 12:35:59 PM »

I'm talking about the damage barrier that knocks Link down, not the invisible wall. That should have been obvious from my post and ZFG's. What you're talking about is a ceiling, not a floor.

well whatever, it's just what you said is incorrect: "The barrier has no bottom. It extends infinitely up and down."
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 12:37:39 PM by GlitchesAndStuff » Logged
KlydeStorm
Regular Guay

« Reply #551 on: July 30, 2010, 10:29:01 PM »

The damage barrier is EVERYWHERE not in the cylinder around Hyrule Castle, and it extends out, up, and down infinitely. The WALL barrier does not have a floor or ceiling, which is why if we cancel the damage barrier and Wind Waker dive down enough, we can go past the wall barrier.

I want no more confusion.

Red is the damage barrier, not-red cylinder is not damage barrier. Around the cylinder is a wall.

Clear enough? Can we move on now?
GlitchesAndStuff
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #552 on: July 31, 2010, 01:40:58 PM »

nice picture Klyde.

so anyway, you can get fall damage while already flashing red. if it doesn't start a new red flashing, we might be able to pull out the wind waker just as it stops flashing at 0 health. we also need a way to get onto the roof I was talking about earlier.
NOKAUBURE
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #553 on: July 31, 2010, 09:25:01 PM »

but how you can actually recover life without tingle? The only solution I think is to enter to ganon tower with 0 hearts, but this sounds imposible(?) when I saw this big cilinder protecting the castle.

Tongue
GlitchesAndStuff
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #554 on: July 31, 2010, 09:29:21 PM »

but how you can actually recover life without tingle? The only solution I think is to enter to ganon tower with 0 hearts, but this sounds imposible(?) when I saw this big cilinder protecting the castle.

we'd hover into ganon's castle or kill the keese with a bomb so they drop a heart
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 75
  Print  

Jump to: