ZSR Forums
May 08, 2024, 08:04:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 75
  Print  
Author Topic: WW Tricks and Glitches Discussion  (Read 1225609 times)
Venick409
Regular Guay

Didn't you guys forget something?

Email
« Reply #495 on: July 18, 2010, 03:10:01 PM »

I already tested bomb boosting to that ledge, and yeah it doesn't work. The way I was thinking of doing it w/o hooksot was hovering over the castle and dropping a bomb mid-hover. Then--here's the part I doubt--pull out the WW upon falling on/beside the bomb to WW dive then just continue to hover.

That will not work when we land we have no time to do anything, so we can't say pull out the WW or do anything else before we die.

[23:11:44] <Siglemic> buyin a game they think invented fps
[23:11:48] <greenfox> dude
[23:11:54] <greenfox> halo did invent fps
[23:11:57] <greenfox> didn't it?
Razor
Regular Guay

Zombie Hover

« Reply #496 on: July 18, 2010, 03:12:15 PM »

That will not work when we land we have no time to do anything, so we can't say pull out the WW or do anything else before we die.
That's what I thought. Oh well.

Forest Water+Backflip=Gainers?
Manocheese
Regular Guay

avgshyuisopd
WWW Email
« Reply #497 on: July 18, 2010, 04:26:15 PM »

I've done some more testing and I'm almost certain that the damage barrier will hit you if you do a zero-heart WW dive from inside it without canceling the knockback using the WW. I haven't quite done that, but I did do a nonzero-heart dive from inside the barrier without canceling the knockback, and Link was hit soon after I stopped conducting. I think we should try to find a way to make the time when you need to pull out the WW to cancel the knockback and the time when you need to pull it out to stop the death cutscene coincide. It seems to me that the most likely way to do this would be to prevent Link from standing up until he is about to lose his invincibility. I think that this can happen if a bomb knocks you onto an edge, then you fall off the edge onto a lower floor. The problem is that we don't have anything higher than the ledge we need to fall off. We could also look for a way to start conducting in midair.

Another possibility is that there is some stray floor that we could leaf to after canceling the knockback. This doesn't seem likely, but I'll look anyway.

we are on the verge of discovering a fully optimized barrier skip
Razor
Regular Guay

Zombie Hover

« Reply #498 on: July 18, 2010, 06:53:43 PM »

I've done some more testing and I'm almost certain that the damage barrier will hit you if you do a zero-heart WW dive from inside it without canceling the knockback using the WW. I haven't quite done that, but I did do a nonzero-heart dive from inside the barrier without canceling the knockback, and Link was hit soon after I stopped conducting. I think we should try to find a way to make the time when you need to pull out the WW to cancel the knockback and the time when you need to pull it out to stop the death cutscene coincide. It seems to me that the most likely way to do this would be to prevent Link from standing up until he is about to lose his invincibility. I think that this can happen if a bomb knocks you onto an edge, then you fall off the edge onto a lower floor. The problem is that we don't have anything higher than the ledge we need to fall off. We could also look for a way to start conducting in midair.

Another possibility is that there is some stray floor that we could leaf to after canceling the knockback. This doesn't seem likely, but I'll look anyway.
It does seem quite unlikely. I asked GlitchesandStuff to make a vid of 0 heart WW dive and he said he would. I'm pretty sure that conducting mid-air is impossible.

Manocheese
Regular Guay

avgshyuisopd
WWW Email
« Reply #499 on: July 19, 2010, 12:12:52 AM »

I have an idea about getting up to the ledge on the side of the bridge without Hookshot. In the entrance area of Hyrule 2, get yourself to a quarter heart. Destroy some grass and get yourself to zero hearts, probably with the same bomb. Zombie hover over one of the invisible walls. Z target Tetra and use the boomerang to grab a heart that was (hopefully) in the grass you just destroyed. This would require quite a bit of luck, but it would be at the beginning of a segment. I'll work on it (so far, it's just a theory). Even if this works, though, there's still the barrier skip itself to find...

EDIT: I forgot to mention this, but once you got on top of one of the walls in the KORL area, you would just continue the trick as in GlitchesAndStuff's video.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 12:23:42 AM by Manocheese » Logged

Razor
Regular Guay

Zombie Hover

« Reply #500 on: July 19, 2010, 12:40:57 AM »

I have an idea about getting up to the ledge on the side of the bridge without Hookshot. In the entrance area of Hyrule 2, get yourself to a quarter heart. Destroy some grass and get yourself to zero hearts, probably with the same bomb. Zombie hover over one of the invisible walls. Z target Tetra and use the boomerang to grab a heart that was (hopefully) in the grass you just destroyed. This would require quite a bit of luck, but it would be at the beginning of a segment. I'll work on it (so far, it's just a theory). Even if this works, though, there's still the barrier skip itself to find...

EDIT: I forgot to mention this, but once you got on top of one of the walls in the KORL area, you would just continue the trick as in GlitchesAndStuff's video.
Sounds almost impossible, but you never know. I think the window of opportunity is smaller than TAS only to target the heart in mid-hover. Also, targeting Tetra wouldn't matter, cause it does change direction or anything like that.

Manocheese
Regular Guay

avgshyuisopd
WWW Email
« Reply #501 on: July 19, 2010, 12:48:33 AM »

You would target Tetra, not the heart. The idea is that Tetra will be next to the heart, so you can pick up the heart by aiming the boomerang at her.

Razor
Regular Guay

Zombie Hover

« Reply #502 on: July 19, 2010, 02:27:44 PM »

You would target Tetra, not the heart. The idea is that Tetra will be next to the heart, so you can pick up the heart by aiming the boomerang at her.
Well that makes a bit more sense. But since Tetra follows you she'd quickly move away from the heart, but keep testing it. It just might work.

Manocheese
Regular Guay

avgshyuisopd
WWW Email
« Reply #503 on: July 19, 2010, 05:57:27 PM »

But since Tetra follows you she'd quickly move away from the heart

I've also noticed that problem, but it's possible to get Tetra stuck behind trees and bombs, so I think I can work around it.

GlitchesAndStuff
Site Editor
Special Guay

Feel free to ask me anything

« Reply #504 on: July 19, 2010, 07:58:40 PM »

0 heart dive:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sH7Or8zlHV0

sorry for slow emu

I've discovered loads of stuff from spending 8 days non-stop on barrier skip (and I'm still at it) and I've discovered way too much to post here but just to stop you guys wasting any time, I've read through all the theories here and I can tell you that none of them will work. because I've tried them all already :3

although with the boomerang thing, as soon as you press B or any other button, the boomerang flies streight back to link so you'd need to start the hover after the boomerang has picked up the heart. this doesn't give much time to hover up there but IDK, maybe it's just about possible.

if you have any questions on any specifics with the barrier, I can probably tell you lots if you ask...
Manocheese
Regular Guay

avgshyuisopd
WWW Email
« Reply #505 on: July 19, 2010, 08:30:57 PM »

I've discovered loads of stuff from spending 8 days non-stop on barrier skip (and I'm still at it)

Can you share some of what you've found? It may help the rest of us.

KlydeStorm
Regular Guay

« Reply #506 on: July 19, 2010, 09:58:57 PM »

and I've discovered way too much to post here but just to stop you guys wasting any time, I've read through all the theories here and I can tell you that none of them will work. because I've tried them all already :3

Post them anyway.
GlitchesAndStuff
Site Editor
Special Guay

Feel free to ask me anything

« Reply #507 on: July 20, 2010, 03:24:14 PM »

okay here goes:

The barrier has a solid wall all around it but not on top or below. however, a damage wall does go all around the castle including the top & bottom. so the only way to do this would be a way to do infinite red flashing then hovering over the top of the solid barrier or somehow getting below the damage barrier and hovering up. We already have barrier skip but requires a heart so we cannot get back up to the top with hover. this is diving while inside the barrier and was posted here not long ago. the trouble with the 0 heart wind waker dive is that if this is to work, you need to be inside the barrier when you dive or pull out the wind waker to dive on the frame you stop flashing red (untested). none of these are possible yet although finding a way to make items usable when landing a hover would probably make this possible.

I've also tried tingle tuner diving and at first there were two problems. one, you cannot use it after knockback or get it out with 0 hearts. and two, as soon as you exit the tuner, it warps you back to the start due to link falling down a pit (wind waker doesn't do this). I managed to avoid the first by tingle tuner diving off the top of the castle. I got up there with cheats but if we find a way to get onto the ledge in the KoRL area that you get onto without hookshot clipping, the roof next to it has the same height invisible wall so it should be just as easy to get onto the roof. from the roof you can make your way to the front. at the front I tingle tuner dived off and got fall damage with it still out (tuner dive does this). I used a bomb to push me off the second ledge that I fell onto to take damage and there I had a 0 heart dive. however, it still warped link to the start of the map.

I've tried forest water things to try to keep link flashing red although  none of the stuff I've tried works so far (and I've tried a lot). and nor have I found anything else you can dive with. Although, there could still be hope. if you can talk to tetra in hyrule 2 after getting knockback and 0 hearts, a dive might get link past. you must go to the bridge the normal way (through the castle) so that tetra can follow you, and also because you won't have hookshot. Then, get 0 hearts and hover up above the wall of the bridge into the barrier so that link gets knocked back again onto the wall of the bridge. once this is done, mash A to try to speak to tetra and dive or atleast stay in the barrier with 1 heart. I've not tested this yet because dolphin crashes at the hyrule 2 cutscene. but if Klyde could give me a state of hyrule 2 with tetra, I would be very grateful.

I've probably forgot a load of stuff that I've not mentioned so I'll tell you more if I remember any.
Manocheese
Regular Guay

avgshyuisopd
WWW Email
« Reply #508 on: July 20, 2010, 06:59:35 PM »

none of these are possible yet although finding a way to make items usable when landing a hover would probably make this possible.

I think so too; I imagine you would do this:

1. Lay a bomb and stand so that when it knocks you down and kills you, you are facing the barrier.
2. Hover toward the barrier, pull out a bomb, and drop it with the Deku Leaf.
3. Land inside the barrier and use the hypothetical trick to pull out the WW on the same frame that your invincibility stops. The bomb will give you a WW dive and you can go under the invisible wall.

I don't know how we would go about using an item after landing, though. Even if you have the WW out and use turbo while landing, you can't start conducting before the death cutscene starts.

I've tried forest water things to try to keep link flashing red although  none of the stuff I've tried works so far (and I've tried a lot).

I've also tried some stuff with Forest Water. I thought that the cutscene that plays when you put something in a bottle might work the same way as the cutscene that plays when you open a chest, so I released a Forest Firefly, did the storage glitch, and caught the firefly. The cutscene was skipped and the firefly was immediately put into my bottle, but I couldn't clip into anything. I did the same thing with regular water in the KORL area and it didn't work either. I'll test drinking potions and soup. Is there a cutscene that plays the first time you pick something like bombs up on the ground? If so, that should be tested as well.

Although, there could still be hope. if you can talk to tetra in hyrule 2 after getting knockback and 0 hearts, a dive might get link past. you must go to the bridge the normal way (through the castle) so that tetra can follow you, and also because you won't have hookshot. Then, get 0 hearts and hover up above the wall of the bridge into the barrier so that link gets knocked back again onto the wall of the bridge. once this is done, mash A to try to speak to tetra and dive or atleast stay in the barrier with 1 heart.

I'm not sure how this would work. I tried knocking myself into the damage barrier with a bomb and talking to Tetra as soon as I got up. Your invincibility runs out while she's talking, so you get hit as soon as you cancel the text (if you have 0 hearts, you die before the damage barrier hits you). This makes me almost certain that if you managed to dive by talking to Tetra, you would get hit as soon as you canceled the text. You would probably be set if you could take out the WW after canceling the text (thereby getting a dive and canceling the damage from the barrier), but I don't think you have time.

Razor
Regular Guay

Zombie Hover

« Reply #509 on: July 20, 2010, 07:28:34 PM »

I've also tried some stuff with Forest Water. I thought that the cutscene that plays when you put something in a bottle might work the same way as the cutscene that plays when you open a chest, so I released a Forest Firefly, did the storage glitch, and caught the firefly. The cutscene was skipped and the firefly was immediately put into my bottle, but I couldn't clip into anything. I did the same thing with regular water in the KORL area and it didn't work either. I'll test drinking potions and soup. Is there a cutscene that plays the first time you pick something like bombs up on the ground? If so, that should be tested as well.
I tried the forest firefly thing a long time ago and didn't get anywhere. However, while testing with it I did find a new forest water glitch. If forest water expires at the beginning of the dumping animation Link will freeze after the animation ends. This, however, can easily be countered with a bomb. The only thing I found it to do is lock the camera in a different way than with storage. I'll upload the vid soon.

EDIT:
From GlitchesandStuff's video, it looks like if we could use a potion during hover it would make it a lot quicker. Not sure when I'll get around to testing with this.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 07:37:50 PM by Razor » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 75
  Print  

Jump to: