ZSR Forums
May 08, 2024, 10:29:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 75
  Print  
Author Topic: WW Tricks and Glitches Discussion  (Read 1225658 times)
NowaVar
Deku Scrub

« Reply #960 on: June 01, 2013, 12:46:17 AM »

Razor7581, thanks for the reply!  I counted 4 red flashes from both the bomb and the barrier.  You were spot on.  It was coincidental!

Has anyone tried to land on the bridge railing, do the knockback cancel, and then leaf their way around the bridge?

With magic armor, I think bomb damage still knocks Link down, but damage when in KoRL doesn't have any recoil.  Any idea how it interacts with the barrier behind Hyrule?  Does storage change the armor's hitbox?
Razor7581
Site Editor
Special Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #961 on: June 01, 2013, 04:08:44 PM »

Razor7581, thanks for the reply!  I counted 4 red flashes from both the bomb and the barrier.  You were spot on.  It was coincidental!

Has anyone tried to land on the bridge railing, do the knockback cancel, and then leaf their way around the bridge?
We have tried doing multiple things from the bridge railing. In case you are unaware, methods to get on the railing can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=E2vaLf6lLtM for English, and here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0eib-qfT3fE for Japanese.

There's no way to leaf around the bridge due to the invisible wall behind the repulsive barrier. It is also not possible to ledge clip through the invisible wall from the railing, as the railing is not solid from the side (meaning that you can't grab it). Abahbob recently proved that using his "scene cancel" door storage it is possible to skip the barrier, however there are no such doors in Hyrule (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1WJXtP66-Q).
Also, again although it is currently impossible to start a hover from inside of the damage barrier, using codes someone (can't remember who) demonstrated that if you could zombie hover while within the repulsive barrier, and additionally can hover over the barrier, the hover itself is ridiculous. If a zombie hover could be started within the barrier, one idea is to use a 0 heart wind waker dive (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sH7Or8zlHV0) to dive beneath the barrier and then hover from under it to the loading zone to Ganon's Tower (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gs4-dbGWhwc), but that has it's own set of problems.

There's a page on this site that talks a bit about barrier skip, which can be found here: http://www.zeldaspeedruns.com/tww/Miscellaneous/barrier-skip. I don't think it adds much to what I just said, but it might help you come up with some ideas and better see what all we have tried.

Rescue Tetra before FF1: is new to me. Did you just find this out?
Monophage
Deku Scrub

« Reply #962 on: June 03, 2013, 07:19:38 PM »

I was messing around with storage on Windfall and now, whenever I pull out the Wind Waker Link is is teleported to a door on the island. I was just wondering if is already a known thing or is useful at all?

EDIT: Also happens if I interact with an NPC or a decoration base.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 07:36:30 PM by Monophage » Logged
Monophage
Deku Scrub

« Reply #963 on: June 04, 2013, 01:01:58 AM »

Can yiu make a video of that? Seems interesting

I spoke to Yashi about it, it's already known about.  He said he'd try some stuff linked to water storage.
Monophage
Deku Scrub

« Reply #964 on: June 08, 2013, 06:46:34 PM »

With the Medli cut scene skip that Cosmo's been doing recently, if you turn before doing C-up the camera is behind Link after she talks to you - just makes running into the water more straightforward.

EDIT: Actually I don't think this skips the c/s.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 05:59:11 PM by Monophage » Logged
Mettra
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #965 on: June 12, 2013, 09:36:43 AM »

I was messing around with storage in Forest Haven, and found that is you store the deku leaf, exit the area, then re-collect the deku leaf you will get the max magic meter.

I also created some AR codes to get storage, if anyone else wants them. For both press down on the d-pad to activate storage.

PAL:
0A3F5018 00000004
043D17C8 00000001

NTSC:
0A3ED84A 00000004
043C9EA0 00000001
Razor7581
Site Editor
Special Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #966 on: June 12, 2013, 01:45:37 PM »

I was messing around with storage in Forest Haven, and found that is you store the deku leaf, exit the area, then re-collect the deku leaf you will get the max magic meter.
Yep, this is already known.

GlitchesAndStuff
Site Editor
Special Guay

Feel free to ask me anything

« Reply #967 on: June 12, 2013, 02:09:59 PM »

I also created some AR codes to get storage, if anyone else wants them. For both press down on the d-pad to activate storage.

PAL:
0A3F5018 00000004
043D17C8 00000001

NTSC:
0A3ED84A 00000004
043C9EA0 00000001

Wow thanks! an AR code like this is extremely helpful for people testing the game Smiley
Razor7581
Site Editor
Special Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #968 on: June 26, 2013, 07:56:36 PM »

I was testing a bit with the new Makar teleport glitch and wanted to share what I've found:
- You can do this at just about any point in the dungeon. The only requirements for you to be able to "Lift" in the first room are that Makar must be in any room other that the first room, and you must exit and re-enter the dungeon.
- When you first set down Makar and teleport, Makar teleports as well (a distance a bit shorter than Link).
- How far you teleport (for example if you teleport across the first main room) depends on what room Makar was last in before you did the lift glitch in the first room of the dungeon. If you left him in the room with the first warp pot, you will not teleport completely across the first room. However, if you leave him in the next (or any subsequent) room you will teleport completely across the first room.
- There, however, some catches to this:
1) If you are standing at the top of the stairs in the first warp pot room and try and teleport across, you will die (I presume it has something to do with Makar teleporting OoB or something).
2) If you are at the bottom of the stairs you will teleport to the other side of the room, as will Makar (no death).

Unless for some reason the wind temple is completed in a single segment in a segmented run, I sadly don't see a good use for this. (Also doesn't seem to work with Medli in Earth Temple.)

Razor7581
Site Editor
Special Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #969 on: July 01, 2013, 08:12:18 PM »

Dry Storage Spot in Jalhalla's Room (Mainly for TAS):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQwIRNDhztk

Razor7581
Site Editor
Special Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #970 on: July 03, 2013, 07:23:39 PM »

Gohdan's hands can be damaged with the sword (single hit disables them).

UYNiko
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #971 on: July 09, 2013, 01:21:55 AM »

http://www.twitch.tv/uyniko/c/2546160

Gossip stone skip in FF1...

Hold C down
Release
Hold left
When you are near the wall roll.

If you bonk in the wall you can still get it, press L, tap down and try again until you get it, the trick is press A near the wall, with every bonk you lose a green rupee basicly, unless you want to risk it... Is almost imposible to fail it and saves something like 30 secs in english.
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

I'm an artist :O

« Reply #972 on: July 09, 2013, 05:57:37 AM »

Doesnt that cause a softlock later on with FF2 visit?

http://www.youtube.com/user/Pedalpowerluigi

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
UYNiko
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #973 on: July 09, 2013, 06:25:51 AM »

No idea, I just started to run this a week ago, I haven't made it to FF2 yet xD...
Razor7581
Site Editor
Special Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #974 on: July 09, 2013, 03:20:44 PM »

Yes, but the softlock occurs when you enter the pirate ship for the bombs. However there are still some instances in which this could be used.

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 75
  Print  

Jump to: